Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Bucs @ Giants GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfw096

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:

Ps:

I think we should start using Blount against the Cowboys. Not that Martin isn't a great back or anything but I'd like to see us take some workload off him. A trade for a DL is definitely needed. George Johnson needs more PT and we need to get Gilberry back to spell Miller/McCoy.

I would be okay with involving Blount more, but Martin is are man and we got to stick with the kid. I would love to see us utilize having both Martin and Blount in the backfield at the same time vs the Cowboys though as I believe it could spill some confusion not only vs the Cowboys, but other teams as well. Just a idea though.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
Just read an interesting article on Bucs Nation. Bennett, Clayborn, and McCoy played a ridiculous 79 snaps. Somehow, someway the coaching staff can't leave them on the field that much. I was suprised when George Johnson was scratched, was he injured? I just don't understand why Watson isn't being used more as a speed rusher in certain packages on defense.

If Bowers is healthy enough, I'm sure he will be playing as part of the rotation in the second half.

Bowers will not and should not be activated. Ruptured Achilles takes 18 months for an nfl player especially dlineman to fully recover. He should not risk his career coming back too soon.

Agree!

First, since the organization placed him on PUP, they have every intention of giving him the opportunity to return this year.

I don't know Bowers extent of his injury. All ruptured achilles are not the same. I'm sure the organization is clearly taking medical advice from respected doctors.

http://www.lowerextremityreview.com/article/return-to-football-after-achilles-tendon-rupture

I think they take there time with bowers.

Last edited by REDandPEWTER on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mfw096 wrote:
indifference wrote:

Ps:

I think we should start using Blount against the Cowboys. Not that Martin isn't a great back or anything but I'd like to see us take some workload off him. A trade for a DL is definitely needed. George Johnson needs more PT and we need to get Gilberry back to spell Miller/McCoy.

I would be okay with involving Blount more, but Martin is are man and we got to stick with the kid. I would love to see us utilize having both Martin and Blount in the backfield at the same time vs the Cowboys though as I believe it could spill some confusion not only vs the Cowboys, but other teams as well. Just a idea though.
I know its early but we need to get Martin involved as a pass catcher. Martin and Clark were money match-ups vs the Giants linebackers yesterday yet we ran the ball until we were actually trailing.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
As I was walking to the train to go home I bumped into Lavonte David and Anthony Gaitor. I was still wearing my Bucs gear and David told me thanks for the support. Really nice dude.

Did you say anything to them?

I don't even remember what I said to be quite honest. Something like, "tough loss, good luck next week." They were both really nice about it.

Also, I should note that Freeman's 1st pick was definitely on Mike Williams. He stopped his route as he was crossing the middle, a cardinal sin for a WR, just before Freeman let the ball go and it ended up getting picked. The 2nd int was on Freeman though. The ball sailed on him. It wasn't Freeman's best effort, but he is starting to show flashes. Nice to see him go deep multiple times considering how much he checked down last season.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's honestly starting to get annoying about "the bucs last play". The Media fails to recognize the way this 4-12 team a year ago, considered a bottom feeder, nearly beats the Giants in a huge upset on the road.

Yet, this is all they talk about.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@RealSkipBayless: Antonio Pierce said on First Take, as Giants LB, went all out 5 or 6 times vs. a kneel-down, his coaches never scolded him. Listening, Tom?

I guess SB's make you become softy & hypocrites[/quote]
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't get why it is such a big deal. Schiano has done this before and is somethings he obviously has instilled in all his teams. the line has to go low to mess up that snap, going high does nada. you see that happen in a lot of goalline plays. it almost worked and a fumble could have occured there. Eli tripped because his oline was not prepared, Coughlin should lecture his own team. I don't have any issues with it, but Schiano needs to prepared when we are in a similiar situation the Giants were in.
5nick5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why this whole kneel down is being blown out of proportion. For a team that gave up in the last month of the year last year, it's good to see them giving a full effort on a kneel down when it was inevitable that they'd lose. It sends a message that if you're playing the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, you better be prepared for 60 minutes of physical football, no exceptions.

God forbid Eli gets knocked on the ground. Maybe Coughlin should be yelling at his guys and making sure they're prepared for anything. If a flag wasn't thrown, it wasn't dirty. I love the play, and I hope we do it on every kneel-down.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
canadabuccaneer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want to get dragged into "kneel-gate" but the media isn't letting it go yet so I'll throw in my two cents. I think the play is completely valid if you are a score away from winning or tying the game. If, say we were down by two or more scores with 5 seconds left, then I would consider that a cheap play.

#EmbraceTheSuck
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with this but hey I'm a bucs fan and a Schiano fan so maybe my opinion is bias, maybe it's not, but whatever. And who cares if Schiano kneeled down in the carolina game and blah blah, Tom Jackson is an idiot, anyway... Great game to watch.. a few things

The cbs are horrible, the giants carved up this defense like it was nothing, I mean, there was just no resistance whatsoever, aside from a couple series.

Freeman looked pretty good, which is a huge deal

Offensive line looks much improved in the pass blocking, is it because Trueblood was absent?

We gotta get doug martin involved more

Oh and Mike Williams is still pretty horrible
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
I have no problem with this but hey I'm a bucs fan and a Schiano fan so maybe my opinion is bias, maybe it's not, but whatever. And who cares if Schiano kneeled down in the carolina game and blah blah, Tom Jackson is an idiot, anyway... Great game to watch.. a few things

The cbs are horrible, the giants carved up this defense like it was nothing, I mean, there was just no resistance whatsoever, aside from a couple series.

Offensive line looks much improved in the pass blocking, is it because Trueblood was absent?

I wouldn't say the CBs were horrible. Ur down to your 5th cb playing nickel isn't very good.

I would say this is on Sheridan too. He kept blitzing the safeties and Eli just made us pay. Big time. After numerous times Cruz and nicks beat wright and Talib he failed to go zone and give them help over the top.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

I wouldn't say the CBs were horrible. Ur down to your 5th cb playing nickel isn't very good.

I would say this is on Sheridan too. He kept blitzing the safeties and Eli just made us pay. Big time. After numerous times Cruz and nicks beat wright and Talib he failed to go zone and give them help over the top.

Talib was abused all game, I don't care who he's covering, that shouldn't happen
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/17/rutgers-twice-forced-victory-formation-fumbles-under-schiano/

Quote:
The debate regarding whether the Bucs were right to crash the Giants’ victory formation rages on. But before reaching a final conclusion, consider this nugget from Ian Rapoport of NFL Network: During 11 years at Rutgers, Schiano’s defense twice forced a fumble in victory formation.

Both happened in 2009, against Pitt and against West Virginia. (In the West Virginia game, the Scarlet Knights were offside.)

So consider that when deciding whether it was — or wasn’t — a “cheap shot” to decide to take a shot at forcing the ball loose and in turn forcing overtime and in turn winning the game.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game was tough to take, we had it and blew it.

The Defense reminds me of last years Packer's D, in that they gave up plenty of huge plays, and relied on turnovers to make up for them.

Talib gets a lot of blame, but he was left in single coverage all day, he did well in the 1st half, but the Giants really took advantage in the 2nd half.

Freeman played well, his last pick was befuddling but with little time left I can understand him trying to make a play.

In the end it is disappointing that the Defense gave up > 600 yards, but being so close to taking out the champs is still encouraging.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/17/rutgers-twice-forced-victory-formation-fumbles-under-schiano/

Quote:
The debate regarding whether the Bucs were right to crash the Giants’ victory formation rages on. But before reaching a final conclusion, consider this nugget from Ian Rapoport of NFL Network: During 11 years at Rutgers, Schiano’s defense twice forced a fumble in victory formation.

Both happened in 2009, against Pitt and against West Virginia. (In the West Virginia game, the Scarlet Knights were offside.)

So consider that when deciding whether it was — or wasn’t — a “cheap shot” to decide to take a shot at forcing the ball loose and in turn forcing overtime and in turn winning the game.

Good find.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 32 of 33

Jump to: