Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Bucs @ Giants GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great input from everyone, just finished reading all of the posts.

Like DRD said, I think the real test is how do we bounce back this week.

We had the defending champs, who were at home and had 9 days to prep, against the ropes. We should be 2-0 but things after half didn't go as smooth as they should have for reasons eveyone has already stated.

This week we are on the road again heading to Dallas. They are coming off of a embarrassing loss to the Seahawks. This will be a huge test to see how far we have really come.

Does a team with fight show up or the team that rolled over last seaon... I expect to see a good scrap come Sunday.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ziggy19 wrote:
56GiantPens66 wrote:
Buccaneer4life wrote:
Even though thats a very tough loss and we should have won that game, we still cant be down about it. We nearly upset the defending world champs on the road. I like the way that Schiano is coaching this team. Discipline and toughness is a great formula for success if you ask me. And as far as the controversy at the end of the game. I LOVE the fact that we did that. Bottom line the games not over! We fought the whole game so why should we give up until the clock hits 0? The Giants are sitting there boo hooing about the call, ITS FOOTBALL! Quit being a bunch of you know what. Anyways Im very excited to see what we do against Dallas next week. GO BUCS!!!

The thing that happened at the end of the game was just frustration from the Bucs and coaching staff over blowing a 14 point lead.

It shows this team,unlike last years team cares.

I see nothing wrong with the way the game ended...kudo`s to the Bucs for playing until the end ...something I wish my Cowboys would do more of...seems like we quit in the 3rd quarter yesterday...sigh.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/17/nfl-sides-with-buccaneers-on-kneel-down-controversy/

Quote:
Giants coach Tom Coughlin says Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano crossed the line by having his defensive linemen drill the Giantsí offensive linemen in an attempt to cause a fumble when the Giants were kneeling down on the last play of Sundayís game.

But the NFL says Coughlin is wrong, and the Bucs didnít violate any rules. The league says there will be no action taken and there were no violations during or after the kneel-down play, according to Mike Garafolo of USA Today.

Looks like not only you and every Buc fan agree the play was fine, the NFL also says they have no problem with it.

If we blew the play up and got the ball back it would of been play of the day. The game was within reach, so why the #$@! would we stop playing Confused

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000063331/article/greg-schiano-nothing-dirty-about-tactics-vs-giants?module=HP11_headline_stack

Quote:
Several Giants called it bush-league. Schiano called it Buccaneers football.

"I don't know if that's not something that's done in the National Football League," Schiano said after the game, via the Tampa Bay Times. "What I do with our football team is we fight until they tell us game over. And there's nothing dirty about it. There's nothing illegal about it. If people watched Rutgers, they would know that's what we do at the end of a game."

BBando

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares we are in the media. Dancing

garbage
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
Who cares we are in the media. Dancing

Laughing Laughing Trueee

either way, i am a fan of what Schiano did at the end of the game yesterday
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read an interesting article on Bucs Nation. Bennett, Clayborn, and McCoy played a ridiculous 79 snaps. Somehow, someway the coaching staff can't leave them on the field that much. I was suprised when George Johnson was scratched, was he injured? I just don't understand why Watson isn't being used more as a speed rusher in certain packages on defense.

If Bowers is healthy enough, I'm sure he will be playing as part of the rotation in the second half.
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
Just read an interesting article on Bucs Nation. Bennett, Clayborn, and McCoy played a ridiculous 79 snaps. Somehow, someway the coaching staff can't leave them on the field that much. I was suprised when George Johnson was scratched, was he injured? I just don't understand why Watson isn't being used more as a speed rusher in certain packages on defense.

If Bowers is healthy enough, I'm sure he will be playing as part of the rotation in the second half.
Our offense did a bad job keeping drives alive. Some was play-calling and some of it was execution by the players. But, that is the reason why the pressure was not there Sunday. 80 snaps? That's sick. Our depth really stinks.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I've sobered up and I've seen the play on the kneel down again, I LOVE it!!
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
The replacement refs have had the spotlight on them since the preseason. I thought they did an okay job Week 1, but this game was awful. Missed calls were blown on both sides of the ball. Talib was holding/pass interfering Nicks most of the game and McCoy was getting bear hugged. I wish that was hyperbole, but I was sitting in the home end zone and I saw, on more than one occasion, the OG with his hands through McCoy's armpits grabbing onto his back. The amount of holding, again on both sides, in the interior of the trenches was embarrassing. The overall inconsistency was terrible too. Foster got called for a personal foul, and justifiably so, for his hit on Hixon, but Phillips didn't for his hit on Jackson. I could go on and on. It was ugly.

I initially liked the replacement refs because there was less "politics of the game" involved in making calls. You know what I mean? But stuff is starting to get out of hand. If we hold and they hold and nothing is called fair enough, but if we get a personal foul for head to head yet Phillips pops Jackson in an even more obvious, launching way, if I do say so myself, yet it isnt called, is ridiculous. There are going to be flags like crazy once the regular refs get back. Players are getting into bad habits.

DaRealdeal wrote:
Our CB depth is awful. Gaitor and Biggers out is killing us. Eli absolutely torched our secondary. We only rotated 4 CBs all game and by the end of the game they were gassed. Wright getting hurt only made things worse. We'll see how they play when Gaitor and Biggers get back, but that was a disgusting showing. Talib especially got abused by a WR on one foot. I have never seen him get beat that badly since he has been in the NFL. EASILY his worst game as a pro. The secondary imploded in the 2nd half.

I think getting Gaitor and Biggers back will definitely help. However, I know its early but Sheridan's defensive calls are starting to worry me. Why were the S's still blitzing in the 4th when Talib and whoever else was on the other side were getting torched all game? Why were we dropping a DL back into coverage when we needed more not less pressure on Manning. I think the D has the players, but Im worried about Sheridan's game plan.

DaRealdeal wrote:
We seem to be awfully stubborn on offense. We need to spread it out more and stop running when it's becoming ineffective. Freeman was going up against a decimated secondary and he was having success deep with Jackson/Williams and on intermediate routes with Clark. I don't understand how he only threw the ball 28 times. That was a big mistake.

I know Schiano wants to be a running team and I honestly would like to be a good running team too, but he would be completely stupid not to adjust his game plan and start to pass more and get the ball in Freeman's hands. He showed he was more than capable yesterday imo. If we have a 50/50 ratio that would be good, but right now we have to be something like 60/40 run over pass.

DaRealdeal wrote:
Mark Barron is going to be the leader of this defense for a long time. Quite honestly, I expect him to be voted as a team captain next year. As a rookie, he has clearly grasped the defense and he has become a playmaker. More than that though, you can see how much the coaching staff trusts him. Early in the 4th quarter the Giants were lined up for a play. Now I have no idea what Barron saw; 10 men on defense, an offensive formation that they weren't prepared for, I don't know. But, when he did notice it he immediately pointed to the sidelines and he started clapping his hands. Schiano then sprinted to the ref to call a timeout. I have never seen anything like that, especially from a rookie. I don't know if you guys could catch all of that from the camera angles that were shown on TV, but it was awesome to see. This pick is looking better and better.

Thanks for sharing this! Ive been a big fan of Barron ever since drafting him. I too said yesterday that Barron would be a defensive captain next year without a doubt if he keeps his play up. While the Giants still were getting points, FGs, on drives, Barron was coming out of no where and breaking up passes. Like 3 big ones if I remember correctly. The dude is NICE!

DaRealdeal wrote:
As I was walking to the train to go home I bumped into Lavonte David and Anthony Gaitor. I was still wearing my Bucs gear and David told me thanks for the support. Really nice dude.

Did you say anything to them?

DaRealdeal wrote:
How we bounce back from this will tell us a lot about Schiano and how he is able to rally the team. We went toe to toe with the defending Superbowl champions and we should have left with a victory. Brutal way to lose a ball game.

The NFL is unpredictable at times. I definitely think that we will give Dallas a good game on Sunday. If we eliminate that 1st Freeman pick, play better pass D (also get sacks), and air it out more I definitely think we can win. Maybe a lot to ask but its definitely possible.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
The offense did do their job. They scored 27 points (against a NYG's defense, to boot). Free made some nice throws, the WRs made some amazing catches. We did move the ball a bit in the second half. We scored 10 points in the second half. That's not too bad, especially when we dropped 24 in the first half. We were a bit obvious when we ran but we did mix in some playaction. We did move the ball in the second half.

We gave up 28 points in the second half. That's the decisive stat. There's no way you do that and expect to win. That's it. Talib was toast. Barron showed his rookie status. McDonald showed why he was a late offseason pick up. There was no pass rush, even when we blitzed. None.

The defense blew it. There is no way around it. We appear to be an offensive team. I never thought I'd see the day.

The second half the offense had about 90 yards total right before the 2 min mark. They went 3 and out a lot or would get one 1st down and punt it

explain how it is exactly offense did their job. lets just see where we rank offensively on Tuesday(after all the teams have played)...bet we will be in mid 20's..

The offense did do there job. You continue to talk about offensive yardage stats. Let's see. Freeman put together 3 out of 5 drives in the first half for scores. Yes 2 were off TOs but we executed and scored on a Martin run and 41 yd air strike.

2nd half Sullivan sat on the lead. We didn't do anything special with the play calling after Benns 50 yd return.

Then after we blew the lead and Sullivan was forced to open it up, freeman and the offense responded and drove down the field rather quickly. That shows you they can score with will. They have explosive Wrs who can make plays. Sullivan needs to get them mOre involved because this can be a top 12 offense or better. We became to one dimensional with tr play calling. If we were more balanced who knows what could have happened. Hopefully Sullivan learns this.

Dude, you're like a broken record

Offense blew it. You keep trying to say that we have the potential to be a great offense in this league. Thats fine that we have the potential, but the fact remains, in the Gaints game the offense blew it. If we would of just got at least 1 or 2 more first downs in the second half, we would of won straight up instead of

1st down:run and get 1 yard
2nd down: run and get 2 yards
3rd down: incomplete pass(despite having almost all day to throw at times)

Thats what almost the entire second half consisted off.

Thats great we have the potential to score, but in the Giants game we used none of it.
And quit saying its just Sullavain, he is the OFFENSIVE coordinator, he is part of the offense. Offense blew the game for us.

Cali ,

You finally interpreted what I've been saying. When you explain run run pass, they did that when we had a 14 point lead in the 3rd/4th qtr. when we didn't go conservative we moved the ball and scored.

It was the play calling. The execution was there. Sullivan wanted to run click 30 minutes too soon only up 2 scores. If he trusted the offense more Iwe win this game.

In other words offense blew the game for us

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:

Bowers will not and should not be activated. Ruptured Achilles takes 18 months for an nfl player especially dlineman to fully recover. He should not risk his career coming back too soon.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
The offense did do their job. They scored 27 points (against a NYG's defense, to boot). Free made some nice throws, the WRs made some amazing catches. We did move the ball a bit in the second half. We scored 10 points in the second half. That's not too bad, especially when we dropped 24 in the first half. We were a bit obvious when we ran but we did mix in some playaction. We did move the ball in the second half.

We gave up 28 points in the second half. That's the decisive stat. There's no way you do that and expect to win. That's it. Talib was toast. Barron showed his rookie status. McDonald showed why he was a late offseason pick up. There was no pass rush, even when we blitzed. None.

The defense blew it. There is no way around it. We appear to be an offensive team. I never thought I'd see the day.

The second half the offense had about 90 yards total right before the 2 min mark. They went 3 and out a lot or would get one 1st down and punt it

explain how it is exactly offense did their job. lets just see where we rank offensively on Tuesday(after all the teams have played)...bet we will be in mid 20's..

The offense did do there job. You continue to talk about offensive yardage stats. Let's see. Freeman put together 3 out of 5 drives in the first half for scores. Yes 2 were off TOs but we executed and scored on a Martin run and 41 yd air strike.

2nd half Sullivan sat on the lead. We didn't do anything special with the play calling after Benns 50 yd return.

Then after we blew the lead and Sullivan was forced to open it up, freeman and the offense responded and drove down the field rather quickly. That shows you they can score with will. They have explosive Wrs who can make plays. Sullivan needs to get them mOre involved because this can be a top 12 offense or better. We became to one dimensional with tr play calling. If we were more balanced who knows what could have happened. Hopefully Sullivan learns this.

Offense blew it. You keep trying to say that we have the potential to be a great offense in this league. Thats fine that we have the potential, but the fact remains, in the Gaints game the offense blew it. If we would of just got at least 1 or 2 more first downs in the second half, we would of won straight up instead of

Thats great we have the potential to score, but in the Giants game we used none of it.
And quit saying its just Sullavain, he is the OFFENSIVE coordinator, he is part of the offense. Offense blew the game for us.

Cali ,

You finally interpreted what I've been saying. When you explain run run pass, they did that when we had a 14 point lead in the 3rd/4th qtr. when we didn't go conservative we moved the ball and scored.

It was the play calling. The execution was there. Sullivan wanted to run click 30 minutes too soon only up 2 scores. If he trusted the offense more Iwe win this game.

Offensive play calling. Yes.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

Cali ,

Laughing
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

Bowers will not and should not be activated. Ruptured Achilles takes 18 months for an nfl player especially dlineman to fully recover. He should not risk his career coming back too soon.

Agree!

ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

Agree!

First, since the organization placed him on PUP, they have every intention of giving him the opportunity to return this year.

I don't know Bowers extent of his injury. All ruptured achilles are not the same. I'm sure the organization is clearly taking medical advice from respected doctors.
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing about Barron is that I want to see him more active in the run game. But, the way David and Foster have been playing Barron hasn't really had much opportunity to clean up. Mason Foster played his best game of his young career yesterday. So far he has been stellar playing the ball and playing good coverage but a few big hits in the run game and some splash plays in coverage will be ideal.

Ps:

I think we should start using Blount against the Cowboys. Not that Martin isn't a great back or anything but I'd like to see us take some workload off him. A trade for a DL is definitely needed. George Johnson needs more PT and we need to get Gilberry back to spell Miller/McCoy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 31 of 33

Jump to: