Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official BAYLOR, A&M, NC State, and Coogs Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
I thought Baylor's real season wasn't gonna start until next week when we go to West Virginia, but this Friday's game vs LA Monroe should be great. It is gonna be on ESPN.

Sam Houston game was a good wake up call for Baylor and will give the coaches full attention this week. I personally like hovering around 27 in the polls as it keeps an air of disrespect fueling the engines and doesn't let us get too cocky before ULM which beat Arkansas and nearly took down Auburn this week and is clearly not to be trifled with. Was nice to see the defense wake up and get a W for the Bears this week as we all knew the d had to step up this year with the o taking some steps back with NF1 at the helm. Funny, I was telling Aggies that the SHSU was a major trap game for them coming off what I predict will be an ugly loss to 'Bama late in the season. SHSU is the cream of the FCS crowd.

They were better than SMU, that's for sure. I have class with Lache and he told me the same thing before the game.

Did you feel the mountains tremble?

Texantype

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Baylor Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
I thought Baylor's real season wasn't gonna start until next week when we go to West Virginia, but this Friday's game vs LA Monroe should be great. It is gonna be on ESPN.

Sam Houston game was a good wake up call for Baylor and will give the coaches full attention this week. I personally like hovering around 27 in the polls as it keeps an air of disrespect fueling the engines and doesn't let us get too cocky before ULM which beat Arkansas and nearly took down Auburn this week and is clearly not to be trifled with. Was nice to see the defense wake up and get a W for the Bears this week as we all knew the d had to step up this year with the o taking some steps back with NF1 at the helm. Funny, I was telling Aggies that the SHSU was a major trap game for them coming off what I predict will be an ugly loss to 'Bama late in the season. SHSU is the cream of the FCS crowd.

It seems to me the Bears are thin on defense. Florence is not RGIII, but then who is?
TexansFan80

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
TexansFan80 wrote:
Always great to see USC lose! Really shakes up the national championship picture, even this early in the season

Ya but they only dropped to 11 and you know what they say, its better to lose early and win out than to lose late. I think they still have a shot a the BCS title game.

Don't get me wrong, they definitely still have a shot, but I personally didn't think they would make it in the first place. Potentially having to beat Oregon twice is no easy task.

^LORK 88^
longhorntexan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexansFan80 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
TexansFan80 wrote:
Always great to see USC lose! Really shakes up the national championship picture, even this early in the season

Ya but they only dropped to 11 and you know what they say, its better to lose early and win out than to lose late. I think they still have a shot a the BCS title game.

Don't get me wrong, they definitely still have a shot, but I personally didn't think they would make it in the first place. Potentially having to beat Oregon twice is no easy task.

I didn't catch the USC game until the very tail end. Any particular reason Barkley had such an off night? His stat line was comparable to Garrett Gilbert, who was horrible for SMU against Baylor.

Speaking of the SMU game, the Fox cameraman could not get enough of my extremely attractive friend that goes to SMU haha. I felt like before every commercial break or break in game action, they would flip over to her. The message boards that I read (not this one, this one is classy) had stills of her posted and fairly degrading comments were made. Confused Feels really uncomfortable when its someone you know.

Also, DAVID ASH FOR HEISMAN Wink
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexansFan80 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
TexansFan80 wrote:

Speaking of Oregon, did you see what their next RB did last weekend.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8380733/oregon-recruit-thomas-tyner-rushes-644-yards-10-touchdowns

I mean I know the caliber of high school football in Oregon isnt up to Texas but 600+ yards and 10 tds is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Baylor Reply with quote

Texantype wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:

It seems to me the Bears are thin on defense. Florence is not RGIII, but then who is?

Definitely thin on DL and S.

Did you feel the mountains tremble?

lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Baylor Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
Texantype wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:

Definitely thin on DL and S.

My boy Josh Wilson is playing safety for y'all, havnt been able to keep up with him and was wondering if he's getting any PT. He's a JuCo transfer that came in last year.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge game for us tonight. We take on Syracuse, who is 1-2 but they are much better than that. They're gonna try to throw the ball on us and well try to pound them with the ball.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NC State finally looked great on offense yesterday, albeit against an FCS team. Conference play begins next week against Miami, who looks to be improving. A win against Miami would put State in a pretty good spot heading into the big game against FSU October 6.

NC State also got a commitment from a 4-star big man yesterday. Their basketball recruiting has grown leaps and bounds since they hired Mark Gottfried.

Sig by matthouston91
texandominance

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4-0!!! Now we gotta take Floyd into Iowa City. Rivalries are always close games but I think this year, we are more talented than Iowa. Floyd should be coming back to Minnesota for the 3rd straight year.
TexansFan80

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
4-0!!! Now we gotta take Floyd into Iowa City. Rivalries are always close games but I think this year, we are more talented than Iowa. Floyd should be coming back to Minnesota for the 3rd straight year.

Love Big 10 trophies Laughing

^LORK 88^
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man we scored 21 unanswered point in the 2nd half but came up a hailmary short in the end losing to Tx St but oh well conference starts this week and we have Central Arkansas who just upset the defending FCS National Champion Sam Houston St Bearkats.

I really wish FBS wouldnt play FCS teams, aTm had no business playing South Carolina St, that's def not preparing them for the SEC West.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexansFan80 wrote:
texandominance wrote:

Love Big 10 trophies :lol:

Trophy games are the best. Love em all!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gonna be a shootout in Morgantown today.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I didn't think West Virginia was a good fit for the Big 12, but after seeing this game I'm convinced. They definitely have that Big 12 "defense" Laughing

^LORK 88^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 3 of 27

Jump to: