Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weeden is the real deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegas is putting odds on King John showing up in this thread again at 99:1
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownsDynasty wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
Week 2: 322 yds 2tds 0ints...

Not too shabby. Still was a L but I feel much better after this performance than week 1 where everyone deemed him an epic failure...

I am not calling him the answer but its been 2 games, and we saw improvement. Keep it going BW3!

I liked the improvement, but the pessimist in me can't ignore the fact that this is the same Bengals defense that got thrashed by Flacco last week. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Speaking of Flacco, it was nice to see him have a pretty bad game yesterday against the same team that gave Weeden fits in week 1.

So that statement can go both ways.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Vegas is putting odds on King John showing up in this thread again at 99:1

So much win in this post.

So much

#JDI
MarkPrice25

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thoroughly impressed by Weeden on Sunday. He played very well. I'm still not ready to anoint him yet, but if he plays like this consistently, then I'll happily say I was wrong about him.

https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0001/0001_01.asp
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we saw a benefit of Weedens age and baseball experience. Put a bad game behind you and move on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How strange is this? Weeden is no longer on pace for 64 ints for the season. Huh, weird. Fort is no longer on pace for 16 ints. Unbelievable. Laughing

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkPrice25 wrote:
I was thoroughly impressed by Weeden on Sunday. He played very well. I'm still not ready to anoint him yet, but if he plays like this consistently, then I'll happily say I was wrong about him.

He made the throws this week that he missed last week. That leads me to believe what I said last week was true: that he was just jacked up.

BTW, it's only his 2nd game. So I'm not ready to anoint him anything either. Does anybody else notice the difference in play calling? Seems they can open up the book more because of Weeden's abilities. Also T-Rich. Who is lamenting the ole run on 1st down thingy now? We finally have a back that can actually get us 5-8 yds on 1st.

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
How strange is this? Weeden is no longer on pace for 64 ints for the season. Huh, weird. Fort is no longer on pace for 16 ints. Unbelievable. Laughing

DQ is on pace for that tho lol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was one throw yeasterday (good morning by the way Brothers) that really showed me the difference between Colt and Weeden....not that Colt is a bad QB....I think he can be a successful starting QB...hell if Alex Smith can be...so can colt McCoy....I digress

IMO our recievers still dropped a couple of balls that should have been caught.....the one throw Weeden made on the sideline, when he put it in the TIGHTEST of Window's possible.....a throw that when he let it go, I said to myself...there is NO WAY he should have thrown that ball.....it was a Tom Brady like throw....now Alex Smith got his hands on it, diving on the sideline....but couldnt haul it in......6-7 QB's in the NFL could make that throw.....(Rogers, Manning, Manning, Brady, Brees.....and MAYBE Flaco and Ryan)....and we now know.....Weeden can make that throw....

If our team keeps improving like they did from week 1 to week 2......we get on the win column this week boy's!!!!!!

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
NPBrowns

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be alone on this but it seemed to me that Weeden went to his safety valve more often in this game than last. The Philly game he seemed to force throws when they were not there. This game he didn't seem to force much and checked it down to TRich and we saw what he can do with the ball in his hands.

I'm not saying that he should be Captain Check Down but he took what was given to him in those scenarios.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
There was one throw yeasterday (good morning by the way Brothers) that really showed me the difference between Colt and Weeden....not that Colt is a bad QB....I think he can be a successful starting QB...hell if Alex Smith can be...so can colt McCoy....I digress

IMO our recievers still dropped a couple of balls that should have been caught.....the one throw Weeden made on the sideline, when he put it in the TIGHTEST of Window's possible.....a throw that when he let it go, I said to myself...there is NO WAY he should have thrown that ball.....it was a Tom Brady like throw....now Alex Smith got his hands on it, diving on the sideline....but couldnt haul it in......6-7 QB's in the NFL could make that throw.....(Rogers, Manning, Manning, Brady, Brees.....and MAYBE Flaco and Ryan)....and we now know.....Weeden can make that throw....

If our team keeps improving like they did from week 1 to week 2......we get on the win column this week boy's!!!!!!

Agreed.

Hopefully now a lot of the folks on the McCoy bandwagon can at least see what Heckert/Holmgren/Shurmur have seen every day in practice that let them know Weeden is the better QB.

Fact of the matter is that McCoy, and many other QB's for that matter, simply can't do the things with the ball that Weeden can.

Weeden wasn't chittin when he said he could sling it, that guys got a cannon.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Metcalf21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NPBrowns wrote:
I might be alone on this but it seemed to me that Weeden went to his safety valve more often in this game than last. The Philly game he seemed to force throws when they were not there. This game he didn't seem to force much and checked it down to TRich and we saw what he can do with the ball in his hands.

I'm not saying that he should be Captain Check Down but he took what was given to him in those scenarios.

I disagree, if you go back and watch the game again you can see there were many times that T-Rich was wide open in the flat but Weeden stuck with his primary target and sometimes it was successful and sometimes it was not.

I would like Weeden to be more cogitative of where T-rich is during the game b/c a lot of those dumps could have turned into big gains.
With that all being said Weeden does have all the tools to be a great QB in this league and all these things can be fixed. It looks like we had a real offense out there this week.

If Haden was playing I say we would have come out with a win.
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing I've noticed about Weeden is he really struggles with the deeper side line passes. He's not Brady Quinn bad, but he needs to practice that throw a bit. He seems to have a guy open there a few times per game, but struggles to keep the ball in bounds (it's close, he's getting there)

Other than that though, I seen a real QB on Sunday. Now hopefully he and the offense build off of this performance and keep it up
bulldog

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its funny that there are two threads next to each other titled "Weeden is the real deal" and "QB controversy"

Rolling Eyes
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
The one thing I've noticed about Weeden is he really struggles with the deeper side line passes. He's not Brady Quinn bad, but he needs to practice that throw a bit. He seems to have a guy open there a few times per game, but struggles to keep the ball in bounds (it's close, he's getting there)

Other than that though, I seen a real QB on Sunday. Now hopefully he and the offense build off of this performance and keep it up

I gotta wonder how much of that is the WR's too though. It's not like it has been a route running clinic out there. Confused

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 21 of 46

Jump to: