Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Playing Time Stats from Yesterday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Playing Time Stats from Yesterday Reply with quote

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2012/09/17/morning-rundown-day-after-browns-edition-and-playtime-statistics/

Of note:

Quote:
* At the one outside linebacker spot, Vinny Rey saw 45 of the 67 defensive snaps. Vontaze Burfict saw the other 22. With Bengals mainly in nickel again, Manny Lawson was also only in for 22.

* At strong safety Jeromy Miles 48, Taylor Mays 0. Mays did see 16 snaps on special teams.

I thought Miles was ok, and i didn't notice Rey at all except for the sack (which was good).

Then again, i had people over at my house, so i couldn't really concentrate on the game as much as i would have liked.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed Rey was in more than Burfict. Other than the 1 coverage by Burfict, I didnt see him at all really.

Miles didn't play bad. I noticed a very bad angle on the TD run by Richardson and I dont know whose fault the TD to Little was, but it looked like he was late on the coverage. I can't act like Mays wouldnt have been 100 times worse though

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noticed Vincent Rey a lot on the field actually. Was a step behind like everyone else expect for the sack. Lawson has been off so far this year, but I wonder if he has a nagging injury. He should get more playing time...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Noticed Vincent Rey a lot on the field actually. Was a step behind like everyone else expect for the sack. Lawson has been off so far this year, but I wonder if he has a nagging injury. He should get more playing time...

When the defense goes nickle, he comes out. And since most teams go 3-wide a majority of the time, Lawson comes out a lot.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

When the defense goes nickle, he comes out. And since most teams go 3-wide a majority of the time, Lawson comes out a lot.

Definitely the issue here. Without Howard, we do not have good cover LB's. Rey Rey certainly isnt and it isnt a strength of Lawson's either. Hence why TE's and RB's kill us every game. I miss the good old days of power I 2 WR's

INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miles was way off on the TD pass to Little? (I can't remember). Clements had released him to the safety, who was nowhere to be found.

I still think mays could play one LB spot on nickel and dime packages and cover a RB/TE.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Miles was way off on the TD pass to Little? (I can't remember). Clements had released him to the safety, who was nowhere to be found.

I still think mays could play one LB spot on nickel and dime packages and cover a RB/TE.

It's hard to tell. It's appeared Miles was covering the other half but when Little caught it he was the only one in sight. I don't know if Nelson was supposed to be there but there was a receiver deeper that pulled him too far away. At quick glance I think it was Miles zone

INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe. But the CB who released him was yelling and gesturing towards Miles, like WT#@ are you doing.
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

It's hard to tell. It's appeared Miles was covering the other half but when Little caught it he was the only one in sight. I don't know if Nelson was supposed to be there but there was a receiver deeper that pulled him too far away. At quick glance I think it was Miles zone

It was most definitely Miles' zone. As soon as the pass was thrown you can see him realize he was supposed to come up for support and wasn't there in time. SS and LB are looking real weak right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: