Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game Day Thread- Week 2: Ravens vs. Eagles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many T/Os will Vick have...
3+
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
None
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 21

SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCgamer89 wrote:
It was one game guys, let it go... Last year the Ravens lost to the Titans, Jaguars, Seahawks, and Chargers... Call me dumb but I'm pretty sure the Eagles are better than all those teams. Plus they lost by 1 point in a game that was for sure winable, they just couldn't pull it out. That's why it's a 16 game season, it will be okay. There was a few questionable calls and we've identified that, but it was still a good game between 2 real good teams. So why compare PAST Super Bowl rings, or lack of past rigns? If they don't win it this year then it's not much for bragging is it? Just saying...

It's not about "just losing one game", it's the way we lost...

Our offense reverted right back to where it was last year, the pass rush was non existent and the defensive play-calling was questionable AT BEST.

Also the mis-use of Ray Rice was right back to where Cam Cameron said it wouldn't be.

So it's much much more than "just losing one game". Losing I could care less about, IF the Ravens come out and play THEIR game and just lose at it, but losing like this, the same way we've lost for 3+ years now is just getting to be BEYOND annoying.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MCgamer89 wrote:
It was one game guys, let it go... Last year the Ravens lost to the Titans, Jaguars, Seahawks, and Chargers... Call me dumb but I'm pretty sure the Eagles are better than all those teams. Plus they lost by 1 point in a game that was for sure winable, they just couldn't pull it out. That's why it's a 16 game season, it will be okay. There was a few questionable calls and we've identified that, but it was still a good game between 2 real good teams. So why compare PAST Super Bowl rings, or lack of past rigns? If they don't win it this year then it's not much for bragging is it? Just saying...

Our offense reverted right back to where it was last year, the pass rush was non existent and the defensive play-calling was questionable AT BEST.

Also the mis-use of Ray Rice was right back to where Cam Cameron said it wouldn't be.

So it's much much more than "just losing one game". Losing I could care less about, IF the Ravens come out and play THEIR game and just lose at it, but losing like this, the same way we've lost for 3+ years now is just getting to be BEYOND annoying.

I agree with everything in here so I've got nothing to say, hahaha. All you can really do though is hope they look at the film from the game and realize what they need to fix. I'm not sure if it was you or someone else who pointed out on that last drive on both 3rd and 4th and 2 plays they passed both times when their line is solid and they hav a great RB/FB combo. My statement was more towards people argueing about which team is better. It's week 2, so which team is better is kinda irrelevant. What matters is who's better at the end of the season, not in one game. That's what I was trying to say. I agree tonight, in the 2nd half, the Ravens offense looked like the offense from last year and they need to forget about that way and run with the new offense, just don't forget Ray Rice, especially later in games when they have a lead.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
A couple things bothering me in this thread. Not particularly pointed at you BAMD (or anyone else in particular for that matter), you just happened to be the last person to point them out.

babyatemydingo wrote:
I don't really understand what the Ravens were doing on the sideline.

On the offensive side of the ball just 20 carries and 42 pass attempts.
And Rice was averaging 6.2 a carry.
Was Harbaugh trying to out-Reid Reid?

Rice went off on his first 10 carries (for 95 yards), then averaged less than 1 ypc on his next 6. The Eagles had made the adjustment (I know Eagles fans are not used to seeing that...) and the Ravens needed to do something different. It's not just the average per carry that matters in playcalling, but the ebb and flow of the game.

babyatemydingo wrote:
There was sort of a phantom offensive pass interference and I am not sure how these guys interpret illegal contact/pass interference, either.

The OPI in the end zone was legit. The WR clearly extended his arms into the defender to create space. Where the defender's head is is irrelevant in this case (that only matters when the defender initiates contact, in determining whether it is incidental or not). Not to say I am defending the overall disturbingly poor performance by the officiating crew...

As much as I would like to say it was all about the Eagles' defense, it was not.

-With a 10 point lead the Ravens opened the 3rd Q with 8 passing attempts and no running plays over two series.
-Rice carried twice for 8 yards on the next series. They threw on 3rd and 2.
-The next series went pass-9 yard run-pass-punt.

So, on 4 possessions in the 3rd the Ravens passed 11 times and ran Rice just 3 times for 17 yards.
The biggest adjustment was not on the defense, but rather some bizarre notion that they needed to pass.

It is true that there is an ebb and flow of the game.
However, it is often influenced by play selections.
The Ravens took themselves out of the running game as much as the Eagles did.

I think the offensive pass interference is still up for debate.
I have not seen a replay that is definitive either way.
It looks a little sketchy to me.

The one thing I will say in retrospect and after watching much of the commentary this evening is that the illegal contact discrepancy seems to be league wide and that some teams have done a better job of adjusting than others.
But again, that comes down to the preparation and falls on the coaches.
Dollars to donuts the Ravens' DB's are a little more aggressive with their hands next week, especially against New England.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCgamer89 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MCgamer89 wrote:

I agree with everything in here so I've got nothing to say, hahaha. All you can really do though is hope they look at the film from the game and realize what they need to fix. I'm not sure if it was you or someone else who pointed out on that last drive on both 3rd and 4th and 2 plays they passed both times when their line is solid and they hav a great RB/FB combo. My statement was more towards people argueing about which team is better. It's week 2, so which team is better is kinda irrelevant. What matters is who's better at the end of the season, not in one game. That's what I was trying to say. I agree tonight, in the 2nd half, the Ravens offense looked like the offense from last year and they need to forget about that way and run with the new offense, just don't forget Ray Rice, especially later in games when they have a lead.

The two things I have bolded are things that the ENTIRE fan base has been moaning and groaning about for 3 years now, and the coaching staff STILL hasn't fixed.

It's not like the Ravens develop new problems and questions overnight, it's been the same goddamn problems for 3 years now...that's why losses like this hurt us/me so much.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MCgamer89 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MCgamer89 wrote:

The two things I have bolded are things that the ENTIRE fan base has been moaning and groaning about for 3 years now, and the coaching staff STILL hasn't fixed.

It's not like the Ravens develop new problems and questions overnight, it's been the same goddamn problems for 3 years now...that's why losses like this hurt us/me so much.

I can understand that... I use to get p***ed after loses, but this year I've calmed down a lot so it doesn't bother me as much. I'm just trying to stay positive and hope this is the year it gets fixed. It has to get fixed eventually right? lol. I just wish Pollard didn't get hurt, I ended up reading he didn't think it was serious, but in just 1 quarter he had 3 tackles, a sack, and an interception... If he played the whole game he could've blown up! Again, that didn't happen though so it doesn't matter, but still. That's a hell of a quarter.
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a long ride him from Philly. Terrible loss to take when we had them by the throat. It also amazes me to see we still can't be a good QB on the road. (Non-division) Maybe this loss will allow us to remember balance and make adjustments.

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost by 1 point to a good team in their home opener coming off a short week. Those are tough circumstances and that's why the eagles were favored to win this game by the people in the know. There were some things I didn't like including us not using Rice enough on the last drive and Flacco's erratic throwing in the second half, but this was a better showing than recent week 2 road games we played.

The big takeaway for me is how important Pollard is. I don't care what Texan fans say, ever since he came here he's been great and he provides a vital edge to our D.
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Lost by 1 point to a good team in their home opener coming off a short week. Those are tough circumstances and that's why the eagles were favored to win this game by the people in the know. There were some things I didn't like including us not using Rice enough on the last drive and Flacco's erratic throwing in the second half, but this was a better showing than recent week 2 road games we played.

The big takeaway for me is how important Pollard is. I don't care what Texan fans say, ever since he came here he's been great and he provides a vital edge to our D.

That's a morale victory. We were up by 2 possession with their fanbase showing their true colors towards their team at halftime. We couldn't score the second half after the Eagles made adjustments.

Goes back to what I've been saying the last 4 years. Until the coaching staff learns to make adjustments, we're going to be exactly what we are. A very good team. We can be a great team, but we have to be able to adjust.

I won't say yesterdays game was lost in the box, but at some point Harbaugh has to tell Flacco and/or Cam to run the ball when the pass isn't working. Especially when it's 3rd and short and the defense is looking pass. I mean, come on.

But I'm not going to worry or say the sky is falling. I've seen this movie before with the Baltimore Ravens. Just hope I get an alternate ending. Coach Harbaugh said it the best anyway...

"You are who you are"

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think it's sad that after 3 years, Cam Cameron STILL doesn't get that Ray Rice is your best offensive weapon...smh

"Rice finished the day with 16 carries for 99 yards, but the Ravens didnít use him in short yardage situations. Baltimore had six situations of third-and-2, third-and-1 or fourth-and-1, and they passed every time. They went 0-6 picking up first downs on those plays."

from the newest Late For Work article on BR.com Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was a tough loss.. Although the officials suck I blame our defense not stepping up and our play calling on offense for the loss.. Just as others have posted.. I mean no ray rice that last drive was unexcuseable .. Though I believe can needs a game like this to be criticized and hopefully not do it again....

On the plus side... JUSTIN TUCKER! Wow we have a darn good kicker... And 2 it's only week 2.. Let's beat up on some patriots next wwek
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@mddeckie: How many chances are we going to give Cam? How many times do we have to witness games like this until enough is enough and we part ways with him? We've tried firing people, we've had players criticize him, we've tried extending him and showing him faith, we've tried just about everything but Cam has shown time and time again that he's just not going to change. He's a great play-caller for the first game or for the first quarter of games, but he's shown for the past 3 years he just can't sustain that balance over the course of an entire game, much less a 16+ game season.

I thought that by extending him and all of this hoopla about the no huddle and "not letting up on the gas", Cam finally changed and adapted to this offense but yesterday it was just more of the same from him.

Location: Eagles Forum HOF + Gold Standard 2014, Bringer of the Cavalry
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tucker is the bomb by the way....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I'm more worried about our defense than I am our offense. Obviously Flacco didn't have a great 2nd half but all things considered, particularly with the way the refs were (not) reffing the physicality downfield, and the fact that that was one of the best pass rushes/front 7's we'll probably face all season and it showed with the way they controlled the LOS, I think we had a a not-great game on offense that will probably look worse than it was.

But on the flip side, the turnovers we created on defense were nice, but the fact is they cover up the fact that the Eagles moved the ball whenever they wanted in this game. With the way the league is right now you almost have to have one of those 'bend but don't break' type defenses, but it's going to get us in a lot of trouble if we are as loose in coverage and ineffective with the pass rush as we were today. Everyone knew Vick was going to take them down for that winning touchdown because we showed basically no reason not to believe that.

Brady and Belichick coming to town knowing Dean Pees inside and out is not something I'm looking forward to. A lot of guys on that defense need to step up.

This was my thinking as well. In addition our WRs were also not allowed to be physical in combating their coverage as well. So against probably the most/2nd most talented corner trio in the league... There's no way our receivers or Flacco stood a chance. And once it was known that our receivers wouldn't be much of a factor, it became easier for the opposing defense to tighten up against the running game as well- which is probably a product of being able to use their normal substation packages due to the inability of using the no huddle.

The only thing that I worry about with the offense is a) Where is that one receiver that can destroy a corner 1on1. Pitta was the only receiver to consistently get a great initial separation off the jam. But we knew going into the game that we didn't have a T.O. or Fitzgerald so it's not too big a deal I suppose. It's just you'd wish Boldin would be that guy. No way Boldin is returning next year if he's not going to be able to just dominate nickel coverage and get separation.

In terms of defense, I just hate how passive our gameplan became with blitzing. Now I understand that our front 7 was missing Kruger and through some parts missing Upshaw... And I even understand that with Pollard down that took away a great blitzing asset as well as a guy who knew the defensive coverages to the point where we could blitz with our secondary players more often... I understand that, but you simply can't bring a 3 man rush against an explosive offense and hope Ngata is good enough to consistently beat tripple and quadruple teams... It's just not going to happen. I also think, just like last game, the fact that we have to be so mechanically reliant on pressure.. And not simply able to dominate 1on1 is a definite concern. The moment Peas stopped blitzing we were picked apart thoroughly. With the blitzes, we let Celek go off, without them we let Vick and their entire offense produce. Neither is good, but the combination is something that we can't continue to let be the case.

Heck even our run defense, that started out looking much improved over the first game, fell apart in the 2nd half. The defense nor the team seemed to have any sort of urgency to barry the Eagles in the 2nd half. McCoy is good, but his blockers weren't. Stopping their running game should have been relatively simple, but it wasnt. And that concerns me. This was as disappointing a half as I've ever seen. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and did I call it or what. Mychal Kendricks went from a 5th round likely to a 3rd round pick in all of my mock drafts because I though eventually someone would take a chance on his athleticism... Then he ran his 40 at the combine and he put himself on the radar. I remember making the comment last year to the affect that the guy looked like a 1st round pick on tape, but the only reason he wasn't getting more pub was because of his height.

... And boy, I really wish we could've hauled him in. I'm not dishappy with any of our picks, but man... I just wish we could've gotten Kendricks. Place him beside Ray and boy...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
The defense nor the team seemed to have any sort of urgency to barry the Eagles in the 2nd half.

?

Wink

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 43 of 45

Jump to: