Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oakland Raiders College Football Scouting Report Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sylvester Williams, DT

Experience: Senior
School: North Carolina

Height: 6-2
Weight: 320
40 time: 5.06

Quote:
"Highly-regarded JC transfer who had 12.5 tackles for loss and 5 blocked kicks at Coffeyville CC last season;

Solid,well-conditioned 320-pounder who tends not to wear down in games; has a quick first step,decent closing speed and a non-stop motor; also has exceptionally quick hands and a devastating punch; sheds blockers well and slides nicely down line of scrimmage;

Didn’t play high school football until his senior season and with only two years in junior college is still very raw; still mostly a bull-rusher without much in the way of lateral pass-rush moves."

2011 Stats

Tackles: 54
Solo: 31
Assist: 23
Sacks: 2.5
TFL: 7.0
QB Hurries: 5
Pass defended: 3

Previously Done
Jonathan Banks, CB Miss St.

Last edited by OakRaiders3828 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith, QB

Experience: Senior
School: West Virginia

Height: 6-3
Weight: 220
40 time: 4.70

Awards and honors
-All-Big East Conference Second Team (2010)
-All-Big East Conference First Team (2011)
-4x Big East Offensive Player of the Week 2012
-Orange Bowl Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Junior season
With the arrival of new WVU football head coach Dana Holgorsen and a new pass based offensive system, Smith saw his passing numbers improve drastically. In the fourth game of the season against the #2 LSU Tigers, Smith set school records for completions (38), attempts (65) and passing yards (463) in the 47-21 loss on September 24. With 372 passing yards against the Cincinnati Bearcats on November 12, Smith tied a Big East record with his seventh 300-yard game of the season. He tied the record that was set in 2007 by Brian Brohm of the Louisville Cardinals. Set single-season school records for pass completions (291), attempts (448) and yards (3,741) on November 25 against rival Pitt Panthers. He broke the records that was held by Marc Bulger in 1998. In West Virginia's 70-33 rout of the Clemson Tigers at the 2012 Orange Bowl Smith tied three individual bowl records: most touchdown passes (six), most touchdowns overall (seven) and total points (42). [10] Smith's 401 yards passing broke Tom Brady's Orange Bowl record of 396 that he set in 2000. Smith, who was also the game's MVP, also became the Big East single season passing leader with 4,379 yards breaking Brian Brohm's record that he set in 2007.

Quote:
"The 6-3,215-pound junior is a talented kid. He can spin the football down the field,buy second lives in the pocket and is a threat both with his arm and his legs. However,when plays break down he typically has the athletic ability to simply outpace opposing defenders and create on the perimeter.

2011 Stats
Completions: 345
Attempts: 525
Yards: 4,379
YPA: 8.3
Comp %: 65.7%
TD: 31
INT: 7
Rush: 56
yards: -33
TD: 2

2010 Stats
Completions: 241
Attempts: 372
Yards: 2,763
YPA: 7.4
Comp %: 64.8
TD: 24
INT: 7
Rush: 106
Yards: 217
TD: 0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrUpzWQr0x4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNsvPiZAWZE

Previously Done
Jonathan Banks, CB Miss St
Sylvester Williams, DT UNC
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One guy I'd like to target in April-especially if Goodson or Jones dont pan out- is Oregon's Kenjon Barner. He is only 5'11', 195 lbs, but he is a very good RB. His size compares to Chris Johnson, so its not like he is miniature. He can run inside, but has a super quick burst and can take any play to the house. He is a pretty darn good pass catcher as well. After watching this guy play with LaMichael James for the last 3 years, I honestly believe Barner is the better of the two. I'm not sure where he is projected to go (not like it matters this early) but I see a huge season for him this year... huge! I honestly dont see us taking him, as I expect him to go somewhere in the 3rd-4th range judging by James' slot. With other needs, I doubt Reggie goes #2 RB in the 3rd, especially with no 2nd, but a Duck fan can dream, right?

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That RB from Stanford is physical and a baller, looked what he did against USC

Fresno State has two great players
Phillip Thomas SS
Derek Carr QB

Thomas had 3 picks and 2 for TDS. Carr threw for 80pct almost 300 yards and 5 tds in just the first half. He is going to be better than his brother...

Geno Smith QB has also caught my eye. He looks to be great QB in the NFL soon
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
One guy I'd like to target in April-especially if Goodson or Jones dont pan out- is Oregon's Kenjon Barner. He is only 5'11', 195 lbs, but he is a very good RB. His size compares to Chris Johnson, so its not like he is miniature. He can run inside, but has a super quick burst and can take any play to the house. He is a pretty darn good pass catcher as well. After watching this guy play with LaMichael James for the last 3 years, I honestly believe Barner is the better of the two. I'm not sure where he is projected to go (not like it matters this early) but I see a huge season for him this year... huge! I honestly dont see us taking him, as I expect him to go somewhere in the 3rd-4th range judging by James' slot. With other needs, I doubt Reggie goes #2 RB in the 3rd, especially with no 2nd, but a Duck fan can dream, right?

I would love to draft Boyett in the middle of the draft
Dion Jordan is exciting...
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know no one prob knows what I'm talking about but my favorite OG prospect Gabe Jackson's, LG Miss St, his draft has gone through the roof. Incredible, how in two weeks a prospect goes from a steal to out of your price range.
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in love with
Geno Smith!!!!

Not so high in Barkley, Landry, or anyone else

Also I think we should draft a stud pass rusher
Jarvis Jones OLB

A dominant pass rusher or a qb maybe

Get a corner in free agency
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

I would love to draft Boyett in the middle of the draft
Dion Jordan is exciting...

Can probably get Boyett even later now, thanks to his injury. Not sure if Reggie wants another safety who misses too many tackles, though.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that german from Florida State or Jarvis Jones needs to be our pick
Sonic Raider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL Draft Countdown has us, in their first mock draft, taking OLB Jarvis Jones from the Georgia Bulldogs at pick #7.

Quote:
It's a new era in Oakland and there are already plenty of signs that the organization is being run quite differently than it was under Al Davis. However, in the game of football the need for pass rushers is universal. Georgia's Jarvis Jones actually began his college career at USC and after sitting out a year as a transfer exploded onto the scene last season, racking up 19.5 tackles for a loss and 13.5 sacks for the Bulldogs. Jones isn't just a one-trick pony though and has shown the ability to excel in all aspects of the game and in multiple schemes, a la a poor-man's Von Miller. The Raiders need an upgrade at cornerback as well, where they currently have a bunch of journeyman types, so David Amerson of North Carolina St. could draw serious interest. Oakland must also bring in an upgrade at tight end but this is probably too early for Notre Dame's Tyler Eifert. Believe it or not it may already be time to start grooming an eventual replacement for the soon-to-be 33-year-old Carson Palmer at quarterback too.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to get a few highlights of my favorite WR prospect up as I can't see to fit in him in my mocks without being ridiculous .

Marshall WR Aaron Dobson
6'2" l 204lbs l 4.5

The Skinny:Nicknamed "Mitts". This W.VA prospect has a bit of a street edge but is very polished on the field. What makes Dobson unique from most of the WRs in the draft is that he actually can catch the ball consistently. In fact I would classify Dobson's hands as sick evidenced by his highlights. Dobson excels at ball tracking over the shoulder and has a wide reception radius reminiscent of NE WR Brandon Lloyd. However, Dobson is lacks short area quickness and lateral agility, don't expect him to take a comeback route to the house. His lack of elusiveness also prevents him from from breaking many tackles.

Stock Analysis: Cooling
Once considered a sneaky late 1st rounder, Dobson missed some time with a knee injury and his stock has slowly cascaded into the 3rd. At this time I don't know if it's Dobson injury or his street edge but his stock will probably receive a bump once the Combine actually begins.

Positives:
• HANDS!
• Ball Tracking
• Reception Radius
• Body Control
Negatives:
• Short Area Quickness
• Lateral Agility
• Limited Route Tree

2013 Outlook: Excellent Mid-Range Threat

Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

• Jonathan Hankins l NT l Ohio State l ht: 6’3” l wt: 320lbs l Arm Length: 33” l 40: 5.31

Excellent run-stopping DT who is routinely double teamed. Uses leverage extremely well and often disrupts running lanes and brings down ball carries with his free arm. I think with both Sims and Bilukidi I don't think Hankins has a future in S&B.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
• Jonathan Hankins l NT l Ohio State l ht: 6’3” l wt: 320lbs l Arm Length: 33” l 40: 5.31

Excellent run-stopping DT who is routinely double teamed. Uses leverage extremely well and often disrupts running lanes and brings down ball carries with his free arm. I think with both Sims and Bilukidi I don't think Hankins has a future in S&B.

Never know. Sims is only on a one year deal
ch8878

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montori Hughes DT Projected Round 4-5

Height : 6-4
Arm Length : 32 5/8
Weight : 329 lbs
Hand Length : 10 1/8

A prospect whose journey has taken several turns, Hughes signed with in-state Tennessee out of high school but failed to qualify and prepped at Hargrave Military Academy for a year.

He joined the Volunteers in 2009 and saw immediate action as a true freshman, collecting 20 tackles. Hughes started the 2010 season as the starter, but soon found himself as a reserve and was later dismissed from the team due to several non-football incidents.

He transferred to Tennessee-Martin and started seven games as a junior before becoming the full-time starter in 2012. As a senior, Hughes finished with 42 tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss and 4.0 sacks, earning All-Conference honors.

Hughes is a gifted athlete for his frame and although he has some character issues that need to be investigated, his skill-set will earn him a shot in the NFL. He also did most of his damage against FCS-level competition, but he didn't look out of place against the top talents at the Senior Bowl.

Hughes impressed scouts at the Raycom Football All-Star Classic and earned a late invitation to the Senior Bowl because of it. He stood out in Mobile as well with his quickness and fiery playing style, and helped himself in the minds of scouts.

Strengths: Hughes passes the eye test with good bulk throughout his frame. Works hard in the weight room and has added approximately 75 pounds since high school, weighing 255 pounds as a senior at Murfreesboro Siegel. Moves light on his feet with an explosive first step to beat blockers off the snap. Shows natural burst to close and finish in a flash. Shows an intense competitive nature and loves to talk on the field. Large, powerful hands to swat blockers and stays balanced through contact.

Weaknesses: Questions about whether or not he can keep his head on straight after multiple incidents in Knoxville, although nothing criminal. Allows his pad level to rise off the snap and will struggle with leverage at times. Room to improve his fundamentals to shed quicker, relying too much on his tools and not technique. Needs to improve his awareness and recognition skills to find the ball quicker and react accordingly. Has a good motor when he has a full tank, but is known to take some plays off. Most of his production came against FCS-level competition.

Compares To: Red Bryant, DT, Seattle Seahawks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler Bray QB

Height : 6-6
Arm Length : 33
Weight : 232 lbs
Hand Length : 9 1/4

Kingsburg (Calif.) High School quarterback Tyler Bray throws a first-quarter pass

03/28/2013 - 2013 Tennessee Pro Day: All 32 NFL teams sent representatives to Wednesday's pro day at the University of Tennessee, where wide receiver Cordarrelle Patterson and quarterback Tyler Bray were the big attractions. Bray, the 6-6 3/8, 229-pound QB has a big arm, really spins the ball well, but needs to work on his accuracy. Thirteen Tennessee players, plus one each from Tennessee-Martin and Tennessee Tech, participated in the workout, which was held indoors on FieldTurf. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

Not since the days of Peyton Manning or the championship run by Tee Martin have the Vols featured a quarterback that energized the fan base like Bray.

Bray signed with Tennessee as a highly regarded prep out of California and demonstrated early on that he was well worth the praise. While he lost in the race to be the team's starting quarterback at the beginning of 2010, by the end of the season he'd worked his way onto the field, demonstrating raw talent and knack for the big play in completing 56 percent of his passes for 1,849 yards and a very impressive 18-10 TD-to-INT ratio.

Expectations for Bray and the Vols' offense were enormous entering the 2011 season. He started off well before suffering a hand injury against Georgia that nearly ended his season. He wound missing five games and wasn't nearly as effective upon his return for the final few games, finishing the season completing 60 percent of his passes for 1,983 yards and 17 touchdowns against just six interceptions.

Bray enjoyed a record-breaking junior season in 2012, completing 59.6 percent of his passes for 3,612 yards and 34 touchdowns against just 12 interceptions.

At 6-5, 215 pounds and possessing more accuracy on the move than the former SEC star he's often compared to (Ryan Mallett), there is simply no denying that Bray is the most gifted passer potentially eligible for the 2013 draft. Had he returned to the Vols, he would have been NFLDraftScout.com's top-ranked quarterback prospect for 2014 entering next season.

To earn a draft selection as high as his tools warrant, however, Bray will have to convince NFL decision-makers that he has the leadership traits they're looking for at the position.

STRENGHTS: Bray possesses a great deal of natural arm talent and possesses even more confidence in his ability to fit the ball between tight windows. In this way, he is reminiscent of former SEC standout Jay Cutler (Vanderbilt).

He's consistently more accurate when driving the ball rather than touch passes and has become especially lethal due to his timing and accuracy on the slant and post with his big receivers. Furthermore, he might be the best of the top quarterback prospects at delivering a consistently ball on the deep out.

WEAKNESSES: He boasts a very quick release but doesn't fully take advantage of his height due to a three-quarter delivery. He's also a bit lazy with his fundamentals, failing to step into the direction of his passes. This consistently forces his receivers to adjust to his throws, cutting down on the potential for yardage after the catch and leading his teammates into some hellacious hits.

For all of natural gifts, Bray remains a work in progress when projecting him to the NFL. For one, he takes the vast majority of his snaps out of the shotgun. More important, while willing to step up into a disintegrating pocket, he is a long-legged, relatively slow-footed athlete who has only marginal mobility overall.

COMPARES TO: Jay Cutler, Bears -- Like Cutler, Bray has tremendous arm strength - and confidence in it - but seems to enjoy the challenge of tougher throws and will often attempt them rather than take safer options.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: