Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Three Plays...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Three Plays... Reply with quote

That's what separates us from being 2-0. I'm not talking about calls or non-calls by the refs. They blew calls for both sides. I'm talking about the fact that three plays were within our ability to dictate the outcome and our players blew those plays.

1.) Blocked punt (for the 2nd week in a row). This led to Rams score. No blocked punt, no easy score.

2.) Robinson dropping a perfect bomb. He catches that, its a TD. And if you doubt me that he would've gotten in, then its at least a chip shot FG (which puts us in OT at the very least).

3.) Morgan Morgan Morgan... 'nuff said.

Think about that guys. 3 plays is the difference between victory and defeat. There were others. But those jump out to me as key points.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are soooo right thai! 3 lapses in judgment/concentration/ mental mistakes/ not doing the little things, whatever you want to call it. We really had the game won at several points during the game but failed to seal the deal.

Arrow I'd add the throwing the ball instead of running out the clock at the end of the 1st half also. we were up 21-13 with a minute left in the 1st half. we threw the ball instead of running out the clock and so it lead to an int. that FG gave the rams more momentum than they already after their td to get to 13 points going into half time. That was 10 unanswered points within the last 2 minutes of the 1st half.

That rams fg to end the half, ended up being the difference at the game at the end!

Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really hoping this is the last season with Danny Smith - I do not care what sort of reputation he has, a replacement is needed. I'm not too worried, Shanahan knows when a coach needs to be replaced...except Bob Slowik.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
Really hoping this is the last season with Danny Smith - I do not care what sort of reputation he has, a replacement is needed. I'm not too worried, Shanahan knows when a coach needs to be replaced...except Bob Slowik.
I don't know, I'd be shocked to see Shanahan make a major move in his coaching staff in mid season. I don't think he's ever done that in his 20 years of being a head coach.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:

Haslett has too be replaced as well. How this team could watch film of Cedric Griffin and actually think he would be a good pick up is beyond me. As much as I despise him, we need Meriweather back immediately. I wish we could just send Fred Davis to Oakland for Tyvon Branch and let Richard Crawford play in place of Ced Griffin.
Almm24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Blocked punt, something has to be done...... can't have this happen two games in a row. I've noticed that Sav barely has time to get off his punts.

2. Aldrick Shouldve caught that... no excuses. Dissapointed in my adoptee...

3. Morgan was baited by Finnegan and got caught up in the heat of the moment. like others have said, deactivate him for a game as punishment.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almm24 wrote:
3. Morgan was baited by Finnegan and got caught up in the heat of the moment. like others have said, deactivate him for a game as punishment.

Don't know if I would deactivate him, but I certainly would not start him next week (drop him to second team on the depth chart as well). He has to re-earn the team's trust.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

Haslett has too be replaced as well. How this team could watch film of Cedric Griffin and actually think he would be a good pick up is beyond me.
I think you have to point at the Shanahans for the Cedric Griffin signing. Cedric played his college ball at the same place Kyle did. University of Texas. He was guaranteed a spot he really didn't deserve from the moment Shanallen signed him.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Almm24 wrote:

Don't know if I would deactivate him, but I certainly would not start him next week (drop him to second team on the depth chart as well). He has to re-earn the team's trust.
I think that all depends on if Garçon is healthy. One thing we can afford to do is to deactivate a wr like Morgan for a game and activate Garçon or Briscoe. We have a lot of good depth at wr.
footy_29

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
I don't know, I'd be shocked to see Shanahan make a major move in his coaching staff in mid season. I don't think he's ever done that in his 20 years of being a head coach.

I didn't say mid-season.

Lavar: Haslett might be replaced, but it will be all about who is available as a DC and it's tough to say whether Shanahan will give Raheem Morris a chance at the coordinator job next year or the year after, if at all. I agree that they should not have played zone in this one, and I worry that adjustments were not made for Amendola prior to the game.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

I didn't say mid-season.

Lavar: Haslett might be replaced, but it will be all about who is available as a DC and it's tough to say whether Shanahan will give Raheem Morris a chance at the coordinator job next year or the year after, if at all. I agree that they should not have played zone in this one, and I worry that adjustments were not made for Amendola prior to the game.
I wouldn't give Morris the job, the play of our dbs are his responsibility. He's their position coach.
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

I didn't say mid-season.

There has to be someone better?
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

I didn't say mid-season.

Name someone who's taken a D from 31st to 13th in one season who available?
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

I didn't say mid-season.

I wouldn't give Morris the job, the play of our dbs are his responsibility. He's their position coach.

It's never that cut and dry. We do not know who formulated the gameplan, and what sort of considerations went into its formation. Even the best DCs have poor gameplans and/or poor execution from their players. It's about the big picture and the sum of their work; Haslett and Morris will be evaluated at season's end.
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

I didn't say mid-season.

Name someone who's taken a D from 31st to 13th in one season who available?

We also spent big money on the front-7, not to mention the 2nd round pick of Jenkins who spent the day on the bench while Golston was destroyed over and over again. It reminded me of Gregg Williams refusing to play LaVar even though Warrick Holdman was playing terribly. I guess the reality is we should've just paid Carlos Rogers and Laron Landry instead of trying to replace them with awful players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: