Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 GDT: Titans (0-1) vs Chargers (1-0) 9/16 4:25pm EST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
deeluxx3


Hot Shot Crew
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 12815
Location: Chicago/Mizzou
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
^^^^ Then remember all the other garbage....


I'd rather remember this........



They were simpler times....
_________________

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10269
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
^^^^ Then remember all the other garbage....


I'd rather remember this........



They were simpler times....


Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23322
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
^^^^ Then remember all the other garbage....


I'd rather remember this........



There will never be another 2 like them. True leaders who would've done anything. Not cash it all in like this bum we have at RB.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Chance Warmack
Karl Klug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 2734
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
^^^^ Then remember all the other garbage....


I'd rather remember this........



There will never be another 2 like them. True leaders who would've done anything. Not cash it all in like this bum we have at RB.


Even at the end when, let's face it, Eddie was pretty bad, he was a leader through and through. Always gave 100%, never a whiner... man the difference is so apparent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23322
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Times like these is when you need a classic Derek Felty post.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Chance Warmack
Karl Klug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
deeluxx3


Hot Shot Crew
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 12815
Location: Chicago/Mizzou
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than anything I just WANT to see a MEAN defense. Not a dirty defense, per se, but a defense that will hit you in the mouth, swarm to the ball, celebrate with eachother, blitz from all over the place, make you play THEIR style of football


But we are the Tennessee Titans. We don't do that.
_________________

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23322
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
More than anything I just WANT to see a MEAN defense. Not a dirty defense, per se, but a defense that will hit you in the mouth, swarm to the ball, celebrate with eachother, blitz from all over the place, make you play THEIR style of football


But we are the Tennessee Titans. We don't do that.


We used to. These past 4 years, we've fallen off from Titan football. I miss the tough D's and violent running games. Now it looks like some players are scared to even make contact. Little sissies.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Chance Warmack
Karl Klug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 2891
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locker has the potential to be that "Next McNair". Even has the toughness, playing through the separated shoulder and took quite a few hits.

Need to find our next Eddie.

I think our LB corp as a whole will be more than just the next Bulluck, Ayers and McCarthy have shown all-pro level abilities. Need Brown to get on that level now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deeluxx3


Hot Shot Crew
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 12815
Location: Chicago/Mizzou
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no clue what you guys are seeing in Ayers. I mean, he is an alright player...but all-pros are gamechangers. Ayers is nowhere near a gamechanger.

Right now he's a poor mans David Thornton when David Thornton was killing it for us in 06/07 ish
_________________

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blazed-


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 545
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie George was not that good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VinceYoung1010


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 787
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
I have no clue what you guys are seeing in Ayers. I mean, he is an alright player...but all-pros are gamechangers. Ayers is nowhere near a gamechanger.

Right now he's a poor mans David Thornton when David Thornton was killing it for us in 06/07 ish


I agree with this, I just haven't seen ANY big plays by him. The only defensive player that I think has played exceptional is Wimbley, and Morgan has looked decent.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VinceYoung1010


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 787
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazed- wrote:
Eddie George was not that good.


someone needs a reminder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK3c4GzN4pE&feature=related
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blazed-


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 545
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinceYoung1010 wrote:
Blazed- wrote:
Eddie George was not that good.


someone needs a reminder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK3c4GzN4pE&feature=related


He wasn't not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 25247
Location: Props to El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try to keep this as clean as possible, but here we go.

Quote:
@jwyattsports

#Titans TE Jared Cook: “Everybody should be pissed. If you are not pissed, you should not be on this team. We're a better team than this."

This is what I want to hear from every goddamn player in that locker room. No more of the "we'll get better" or "it's still early." No. This game was disgusting.

Everyone was willing to write off getting beaten in the seams last week to it being a result of Brady, Gronk and Hernandez. Turns out, Rivers, Rosario and Meachem are an equally formidable duo.

Words can't possibly describe how disappointed I am in Michael Griffin. He has somehow found a way to have gotten worse this offseason, despite taking on a "leadership" role, which frankly makes sense. No wonder why our linebackers dance around with no idea what is going on in pass coverage, clearly they have been listening to the "veteran" of this defense.

I love Cortland Finnegan, but he wasn't responsible for handing out assignments to the linebackers or telling Griff to pull his head out of his [inappropriate/removed]. It's one thing to lose, it's another thing to get beat in the exact same manner two weeks in a row.

I have very little to say about the coaching staff. They got thoroughly and completely outcoached by Norv Turner. That really says it all.

I'm pretty much done with CJ. There comes a point where your $53.5 million running back needs to make a few guys miss and break one. I don't care that the offensive line sucks, and trust me, it really does suck, but for the love of God, do something. Cut up field. Break one. Please. You want Chris Palmer to get you the ball more? Do something with it. You're on pace for 168 yards this season. On 152 carries. At this point I'm not even sure I want to see us hit that carry mark this year.

I hate our offensive line. All of it. Velasco has let me down more than I can possibly explain. Steve Hutchinson is garbage. Leroy Harris wishes he was garbage. David Stewart is trying to take the little momentum we were able to muster today away with his stupid "aggressiveness" that could have very well bought a 15 yard penalty. And Roos, I just don't know. I love the guy but I just don't know.

I am so tired of the officials. I'm not blaming them for this loss, that was clearly a complete team-effort, but just make the right calls. Please. Kamerion Wimbley was demolishing their left tackle all day but was being grasped around the neck and taken down on a consistent basis. And it was called once. The running into the punter non-call killed any chance we had of getting momentum heading into the half. And frankly that should be the easiest call in all of sports? Did he touch the punter? Hmm...well I don't know. Maybe? Oh wait, it was the clearest thing in the history of the world, here comes the flag. Nope.

Locker was awful today. Just horrible. I like the guy and think he still has a bright future, but man, bad decisions and just terrible passes. I have never seen an NFL quarterback play an entire game while demonstrating such a terrible lack of touch. He had one throw where he wound up like he was throwing heat to a catcher only to find out that the target was a crossing Cook who had a little space and was THREE YARDS DOWNFIELD!

I am just so frustrated. I really thought this could be a good team but this was pitiful.

I'll just let Cookie sum it up one more time.
Quote:
@jwyattsports

#Titans TE Jared Cook: “Everybody should be pissed. If you are not pissed, you should not be on this team. We're a better team than this."

_________________

Adopted Titans - Sammie Lee Hill and Jackie Battle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
-Hope-


Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Posts: 19522
Location: The []_[]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
I'm going to try to keep this as clean as possible, but here we go.

Quote:
@jwyattsports

#Titans TE Jared Cook: “Everybody should be pissed. If you are not pissed, you should not be on this team. We're a better team than this."

This is what I want to hear from every goddamn player in that locker room. No more of the "we'll get better" or "it's still early." No. This game was disgusting.

Everyone was willing to write off getting beaten in the seams last week to it being a result of Brady, Gronk and Hernandez. Turns out, Rivers, Rosario and Meachem are an equally formidable duo.

Words can't possibly describe how disappointed I am in Michael Griffin. He has somehow found a way to have gotten worse this offseason, despite taking on a "leadership" role, which frankly makes sense. No wonder why our linebackers dance around with no idea what is going on in pass coverage, clearly they have been listening to the "veteran" of this defense.

I love Cortland Finnegan, but he wasn't responsible for handing out assignments to the linebackers or telling Griff to pull his head out of his [inappropriate/removed]. It's one thing to lose, it's another thing to get beat in the exact same manner two weeks in a row.

I have very little to say about the coaching staff. They got thoroughly and completely outcoached by Norv Turner. That really says it all.

I'm pretty much done with CJ. There comes a point where your $53.5 million running back needs to make a few guys miss and break one. I don't care that the offensive line sucks, and trust me, it really does suck, but for the love of God, do something. Cut up field. Break one. Please. You want Chris Palmer to get you the ball more? Do something with it. You're on pace for 168 yards this season. On 152 carries. At this point I'm not even sure I want to see us hit that carry mark this year.

I hate our offensive line. All of it. Velasco has let me down more than I can possibly explain. Steve Hutchinson is garbage. Leroy Harris wishes he was garbage. David Stewart is trying to take the little momentum we were able to muster today away with his stupid "aggressiveness" that could have very well bought a 15 yard penalty. And Roos, I just don't know. I love the guy but I just don't know.

I am so tired of the officials. I'm not blaming them for this loss, that was clearly a complete team-effort, but just make the right calls. Please. Kamerion Wimbley was demolishing their left tackle all day but was being grasped around the neck and taken down on a consistent basis. And it was called once. The running into the punter non-call killed any chance we had of getting momentum heading into the half. And frankly that should be the easiest call in all of sports? Did he touch the punter? Hmm...well I don't know. Maybe? Oh wait, it was the clearest thing in the history of the world, here comes the flag. Nope.

Locker was awful today. Just horrible. I like the guy and think he still has a bright future, but man, bad decisions and just terrible passes. I have never seen an NFL quarterback play an entire game while demonstrating such a terrible lack of touch. He had one throw where he wound up like he was throwing heat to a catcher only to find out that the target was a crossing Cook who had a little space and was THREE YARDS DOWNFIELD!

I am just so frustrated. I really thought this could be a good team but this was pitiful.

I'll just let Cookie sum it up one more time.
Quote:
@jwyattsports

#Titans TE Jared Cook: “Everybody should be pissed. If you are not pissed, you should not be on this team. We're a better team than this."

This, but with more profanity.

I honestly don't think I've ever been as disappointed in a team than I am right now. This is just a total failure of an organization. It's on EVERYBODY. Coaching staff, FO, every damn player that played a snap.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 37 of 39

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group