Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Texans vs. Jaguars GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins It?
Houston by a lot (10+)
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Houston barely (1-9)
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Jackonsville barely (1-9)
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Jacksonville by a lot (10+)
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsorc wrote:
Watt for DPOY.

+1... Wade called it before the season!
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 <-- stunned silence as Koobs went for it! Shocked Applause Dancing
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the win. Oh what I would do to have JJ Watt on the Jags.

Good luck the rest of the season.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to re-watch the game but I barley saw Barwin today get in on anything.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
11 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 2 ff
texans_uk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Thank you guys so much for meco,

He has been one of the best defenders in the nfl so far this year.

You're welcome.

We are doing just fine.

bunnyracin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Thank you guys so much for meco,

He has been one of the best defenders in the nfl so far this year.

Glad he seems to be back to his old self.

But....... have you heard of a guy named JJ Watt?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man the D only played 37 snaps today, that's CRAZY!

And NO INJURIES!!!! That we know of *knock on wood*

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
11 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 2 ff
iPwn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job guys, the game played out pretty much like I expected when the injury reports came out. That's not to take away from the win, because I think you win even if we were healthy, I just think it would have been a bit closer if we weren't missing so many pieces.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
DreDay80

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post game thoughts

Positives
- Our run game was PHENOMENAL especially Ben Tate. That play on 3rd down where it looked like he had nowhere to go was absolutely amazing.

- The defense except Bradie James. Our defense besides Bradie James couldn't of played any better. Our defense absolutely CAGED the Jaguars' offense and would of been our 2nd straight week holding an opponent to 0 touchdowns if it weren't for Bradie James.

- Kareem Jackson IMO played the game of his career. He completely shadowed Justin Blackmon.

- The offensive line kept Schaub clean all game.

- JJ FREAKING WATT.

Negatives

- The passing game or Kubiak's playcalling in general. Did we seriously just play the whole game without trying to throw a pass longer than 20 yards? This offense will work against mediocre offenses but NO WAY IN HELL we're beating Peyton Manning next week by checking down EVERY down.

- Schaub for the love of god target Andre.....

- Owen Daniels' hands have been kind of shaky but it isn't a major concern YET...

- Trindon Holliday's IQ. I [inappropriate/removed] bricks everytime he's back for a kickoff/punt.

- Bradie James. Just completely sucks, nothing else needs to be said. I didn't think a player could be more of a liability than Kareem but Bradie just proved me and probably all of us wrong.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
Post game thoughts

Positives
- Our run game was PHENOMENAL especially Ben Tate. That play on 3rd down where it looked like he had nowhere to go was absolutely amazing.

- The defense except Bradie James. Our defense besides Bradie James couldn't of played any better. Our defense absolutely CAGED the Jaguars' offense and would of been our 2nd straight week holding an opponent to 0 touchdowns if it weren't for Bradie James.

- Kareem Jackson IMO played the game of his career. He completely shadowed Justin Blackmon.

- The offensive line kept Schaub clean all game.

- JJ FREAKING WATT.

Negatives

- The passing game or Kubiak's playcalling in general. Did we seriously just play the whole game without trying to throw a pass longer than 20 yards? This offense will work against mediocre offenses but NO WAY IN HELL we're beating Peyton Manning next week by checking down EVERY down.

- Schaub for the love of god target Andre.....

- Owen Daniels' hands have been kind of shaky but it isn't a major concern YET...

- Trindon Holliday's IQ. I [inappropriate/removed] bricks everytime he's back for a kickoff/punt.

- Bradie James. Just completely sucks, nothing else needs to be said. I didn't think a player could be more of a liability than Kareem but Bradie just proved me and probably all of us wrong.

Your positives are spot on, bUT I disagree with some of your negatives

Agreed about passing long. I have no idea why we did not go deep or even 15 yards or so down field....it was irritating to watch

OD is fine, he will occasionally drop one, he has always been that way. 9/10 he will make the catch

I honestly think we tell Holliday to take the kick every time, maybe Gary decided that if he will be on this team he is going to return it every time, other wise we could use joe blow to just kneel it every kickoff

James is TERRIBLE, not too happy we got rid of Ryans, but it is what it is, ILB may be a high priority next off season
CAS22

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
James is TERRIBLE, not too happy we got rid of Ryans, but it is what it is, ILB may be a high priority next off season

We have to hope and pray for Manti Te'o in the draft. Him and Cushing in the middle would be ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not just Trindon taking the ball out everytime. It's also the fact that his hands are awful that make me nervous.
iPwn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Agreed about passing long. I have no idea why we did not go deep or even 15 yards or so down field....it was irritating to watch
I think it was a combo of our DBs playing well, and you being able to take anything you want underneath with the LB play. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The complaining about the offense is ignorant. Especially lines pertaining to, "against elite offenses it won't work." As if the NFL allows for preseason-esque games in the season where every team has talent. We weren't playing an elite offense today, we didn't need to attempt passing downfield when they were giving us everything underneath. Did y'all see the time of possession differential? God, it was beautiful.

Also, even if we are playing elite offenses, if our defense plays the way it played today, we won't need to score that many points.

And one more final point to get this through, y'all act as if this "kind of offense" doesn't put up points. What was it, 34?! When playing elite offenses, it is much better to score on a 10 minute drive than a 3 minute drive. If they let you march down the field, do it. A few years ago it would be complaining over not being able to move the ball, not it is fans are unhappy the way we are scoring 34 points.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
CAS22

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
I think it was a combo of our DBs playing well, and you being able to take anything you want underneath with the LB play. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Jacksonville seemed to be playing an extremely soft Cover 2 all game long. I'll have to wait until the All-22 comes out but it seems as though they were giving Schaub the check downs and that's it.

Denver scares me with Miller and Dumervil. Praying for Schaub to come out of next week healthy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: