Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Factual opinions
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Factual opinions Reply with quote

We deserve better as fans. This is awful...painful...irritating to watch. Someone said it in the GDT thread - our defense reacts to the offense, we do not impose our own will on anyone. No team has ever been successful doing that.

Michael Griffin is the worst player on our team and is legitimately on LaMont Thompson's level of awfulness.

I don't know if it is the coaching or the players or what, but having DBs (Im looking at McCourty and Robert Johnson) playing 7yards/seemingly 50 yards respectively off the LOS every single play is not going to work.

Our corners (outside of Mouton) are actually fine, IMO. They are pretty much ghosts when playing in zone, though. I read people ripping Jason in the GDT, but Floyd was ripping us apart in the middle of the field when we were running zones. McCourty did not have his best day, but he is the least of our worries.

Wimbley is a monster, great signing.

Our DTs have gotten worse over the past offseason. They are WEAK.

Our LBs cannot get any worse in coverage. Like, no joke. They cannot cover anyone, man-to-man, zone, anything, to save their lives. All of them.

Jerry Grey is just as bad as Schwartz and Cecil. Rarely blitzes, trusts our crappy front 4 way too much, plays way too much zone..the list goes on and on. I legit think that he runs the same 2 or 3 defensive plays on every single third down. The worst is when he decides to just rush three and allow a mediocre SD player to sneak down the field 15 yards and catch a gimme over our LBs heads and in front of Griffin and Robert Johnson, who is often at least 10 yards away from the ball in any given situation.

Michael Griffin is bad.

Mike Munchak is painful to watch on the sidelines during games. No expression, no passion, no nothing. And Im typing this watching my boy Mike Tomlin act super fired up after Pitt spanked NYJ. I could only wonder what a personality and an aggressive mind like his could do with some of the athletes this defense has.

Chris Palmer is John Shoop-esque for those who remember the Chicago Bears from the late 90s/early 00s. No creativity whatsoever. We have athletes all over the field on offense, and he has no idea how to utilize them. And "QB Guru" my butt. I know that it is only Jake's second start but oh my gosh. THe guy often looks as confused and unsettled out there as anyone.

Chris Johnson made some dumb mistakes, but the line sucked again as well.

Michael Roos is WEAKKKKKK all of a sudden. Who am I kidding, though...the whole line sucks. Velasco is just as bad as Amano. Harris is as well.

Damian Williams gets too many looks. He cant catch. I have no idea why we even bothered suiting Kenny up. Not like we even tried to get him involved in the offense.

Again, this is awful. Pathetically bad. This team, talent wise, is better than this. We dont have the coaches who know how to get things done. I gotta reiterate how envious I get when I see guys like Jim Harbaugh and Mike Tomlin get just as jacked up on the sidelines as their defense gets on the field. There are exceptions to every rule (Belichick) but teams model their coach. Munch looks like he is asleep out there, and so does our entire team.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Titanium

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree 100%
Obie09

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with almost everything. Also I know most people will bash CJ because he's the "star" player on our team and gets the most attention, but he's so far down on our list of problems I don't even think he should be mentioned. All of our issues basically come down to horrible coaching and bad decisions by the front office. Not much will change any time soon unfortunately.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obie09 wrote:
I agree with almost everything. Also I know most people will bash CJ because he's the "star" player on our team and gets the most attention, but he's so far down on our list of problems I don't even think he should be mentioned. All of our issues basically come down to horrible coaching and bad decisions by the front office. Not much will change any time soon unfortunately.

CJ gets mentioned because he is sucking like the rest of them. He is right up there on list of worries.

But the offense as a whole looks like they don't know what they are doing.
TrojanMan217

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree but you cant ignore the way Jake played. He was bad outside of one drive. I think he disappointed me the most.

Quinney makes the best sigs ^^^^^^^^^
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My changes

Fire Bruce. The guy has done absolutely nothing with our OL. They can't even pass block now. Munch can help coach the OL for now.

Fire Palmer and Gray. Everything they do is predictable.

Bench Griff. Put Babs in him for him. Pray Martin can give us a boost we he comes off the PUP.

Get McCarthy and Marks back in there ASAP.

Promote Frank Bush to DC. He has done a great job with Ayers/McCarthy and Brown.

Promote Loggains to OC. He can't be any worse than Palmer and he already has the "Passing Game" description in his title.

Plug Deuce in for Harris ASAP.
Damian Stafford
MrOneWayRoad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
My changes

Fire Bruce. The guy has done absolutely nothing with our OL. They can't even pass block now. Munch can help coach the OL for now.

Fire Palmer and Gray. Everything they do is predictable.

Bench Griff. Put Babs in him for him. Pray Martin can give us a boost we he comes off the PUP.

Get McCarthy and Marks back in there ASAP.

Promote Frank Bush to DC. He has done a great job with Ayers/McCarthy and Brown.

Promote Loggains to OC. He can't be any worse than Palmer and he already has the "Passing Game" description in his title.

Plug Deuce in for Harris ASAP.

I've been wondering when people would start laying some of the blame on him. I've thought about saying something in the GDT's but hold my tongue for the most part. The O-line has been a joke ever since he took over, and it's calling card, pass blocking, appears to be getting worse. Great player, loved watching him, but he is a bum on this coaching staff as far as I'm concerned.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce deserves some blame for sure, but he has trash to work with.

The front office had a good opportunity to sign Wells or Myers and blew it. They could have drafted a lineman.

Lots of blame to go around.
SpaceAgePimp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a bigger back that CJ can spell. CJ needs to be the change of pace back instead of an everydown back.

BostonZombie

"Love it or leave it: God bless America" -Ricky Stanzi

Adopt-A-Titan:
Matt Hasselbeck
Tommie Campbell
MrOneWayRoad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanium wrote:

The front office had a good opportunity to sign Wells or Myers and blew it. They could have drafted a lineman.

True, but not only has he not been able to improve it AT ALL, it also appears to be getting even worse with time. That has to be a sign of coaching. He's never going to turn this into an all-pro unit, but good coaches can generally get the most out of what they have, and it usually manifests itself on the field in some form or fashion. I've seen nothing. No improvement, no progress, nothing.

I say get rid of Palmer, Bruce, and gut the O-line. I thought Munch and Gray both did a fairly good job last season, so I'm not ready to give up on those two just yet.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanium wrote:

yes, but Stewart and Roos are not trash, and they have regressed as well under Matthews. I love Bruce for what he did as a player, but he is just as much a part of this mess as anyone. The coaching has been absurd especially with them actually having some talent for the first time. Bud needs to warn them, fire them, and then pay some money this offseason to get a playmaker or two. Our D-Ends looked halfway decent, but our scheme just allowed Rivers to pick us apart without any sort of trouble. Our red-zone defense was just embarrassing, and our offense was flat out awful, not a single play stood out as being good. As much as I hate to say it Locker needs to worry about his job too, because if we are in a position at the end of the year to draft Barkley it's happening.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinceYoung1010 wrote:
Titanium wrote:

yes, but Stewart and Roos are not trash, and they have regressed as well under Matthews. I love Bruce for what he did as a player, but he is just as much a part of this mess as anyone. The coaching has been absurd especially with them actually having some talent for the first time. Bud needs to warn them, fire them, and then pay some money this offseason to get a playmaker or two. Our D-Ends looked halfway decent, but our scheme just allowed Rivers to pick us apart without any sort of trouble. Our red-zone defense was just embarrassing, and our offense was flat out awful, not a single play stood out as being good. As much as I hate to say it Locker needs to worry about his job too, because if we are in a position at the end of the year to draft Barkley it's happening.

That's the only thing I disagree with here. You can't give up on the kid after 1 year. Especially with how horrid the run game/OL is.

Heck we could even promote Ragone to OC and he would at least be able to design a somewhat unpredictable offense.
Damian Stafford
s_camp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceAgePimp wrote:
We need a bigger back that CJ can spell. CJ needs to be the change of pace back instead of an everydown back.

CJ's paycheck has too many 0s in it for him to be a change of pace player. I think the running game would still suck even with a guy like Jackie Battle in there. He'd do better than CJ obviously, but the play calling sucks and the blocking is not conducive to great runs. They'd still be looking at less than 4.0 YPC, IMO.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
VinceYoung1010 wrote:
Titanium wrote:

That's the only thing I disagree with here. You can't give up on the kid after 1 year. Especially with how horrid the run game/OL is.

Heck we could even promote Ragone to OC and he would at least be able to design a somewhat unpredictable offense.

Especially an overated player like Barkley. Locker isn't going anywhere. Can't believe people want to get rid of him already.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Titanium

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:
VinceYoung1010 wrote:
Titanium wrote:

Especially an overated player like Barkley. Locker isn't going anywhere. Can't believe people want to get rid of him already.

Agree, he's started 2 games. He'll be fine once he gets some help around him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: