Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: New Orleans Saints (0-1) @ Carolina Panthers (0-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets go denver Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When was the last time our win total matched our loss total at any point in the season?

Now just waiting for that day when our win total can outmatch our loss total. Laughing
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All i can say is my faith is back. the offensive play calling was spot on and the D was as solid as last week. Special teams continued to impress and I still am in shock we throttled the saints (even though it was close we controlled this game)

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
Carolina_Champ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
When was the last time our win total matched our loss total at any point in the season?

Now just waiting for that day when our win total can outmatch our loss total. Laughing

Hopefully thats a very short wait.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:

It's only 4 days away man.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only negative takeaway from this game is some of the defensive calls, mainly some of the match-ups we brought on ourselves all day. When we face a great TE, we need more than just Beason. When Graham was in the middle of the field, it seemed like Beason and Godfrey had him constantly bracketed, but outside the hashes it seemed like way too much 1 on 1 with Beason. It looked like there usually was supposed to be some corner help (especially noticed this with Norman), but for whatever reason it just seemed like Graham would end up 1 on 1 with a LB in the boundaries.
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
My only negative takeaway from this game is some of the defensive calls, mainly some of the match-ups we brought on ourselves all day. When we face a great TE, we need more than just Beason. When Graham was in the middle of the field, it seemed like Beason and Godfrey had him constantly bracketed, but outside the hashes it seemed like way too much 1 on 1 with Beason. It looked like there usually was supposed to be some corner help (especially noticed this with Norman), but for whatever reason it just seemed like Graham would end up 1 on 1 with a LB in the boundaries.

while i do agree with you graham only ended up with 70 yds and a td. Are we guna face any better then we did with graham? (IMO he's the best in the league) and how did the TE do last week? I think O and Special teams are our weaknesses this week and if we continue to improve TB better watch out on the rematch

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
Moody

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive win, we even left points out on the field. I thought we were playing to win the game and not just to stay close. The option pitch failed but if it worked we'd call it brilliant so I can't complain.

Cam played really effectively and he barely got to throw in the fourth.

Brandon LaFell came through big time. He had a drop but he came back and made a few catches and a nice run. 6 Catches 90 yards, 25 yards rushing.

But I gotta give the defense credit, they closed out the game and did generally well against the Saints in their comeback mode.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impulser12000 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:

while i do agree with you graham only ended up with 70 yds and a td. Are we guna face any better then we did with graham? (IMO he's the best in the league) and how did the TE do last week? I think O and Special teams are our weaknesses this week and if we continue to improve TB better watch out on the rematch

We got just enough pressure to keep Brees from being able to find him several other times. He's the best TE we'll face, and we face him again in New Orleans. Today was a good day, a lot of things went our way. If things hadn't gone as well with the pass rush, Graham could have had 150 and 2-3 TD's. Its a nitpick, but nitpicks in good wins are often real problems. They'll probably figure something better out, or just get the slot corners to help the way it seemed like they should've been.
boondock

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the beefs I am having is that Kuechly is not seeing the field as much as he should. The guy is getting pulled on certain downs. IMO, he's the most complete LB we have, should be seeing all downs.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
One of the beefs I am having is that Kuechly is not seeing the field as much as he should. The guy is getting pulled on certain downs. IMO, he's the most complete LB we have, should be seeing all downs.

I noticed that too. Hard for me to be mad at though when Thomas Davis is getting more playing time because of it.

In two games Dwan Edwards has matched his career high in sacks lol.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was CJ given a sack on that fumble play?

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
fraziafraze07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:

Don't think so. A sack has to end a play. Since Brees picked the ball back up and threw it, it just counted as a forced fumble.

The importance of this win can't be understated, IMO. You hate to call the 2nd game of the season a must win, but we absolutely could not afford to start 0-2 when both of those games were division games. 0-2 is a tough blow regardless, but if you drop your first two division games, and you're in a world of trouble.

Rich7sena wrote:
Someone's going HAM on the button in Buffalo Wild Wings.
Moody

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of Graham's damage was done in the first and part of the second quarter (39 yards, 1 TD). He didn't do anything from the eleven minute mark in the second until five minutes to go in the fourth. I thought we did really well against him, actually.

fraziafraze07 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:

Don't think so. A sack has to end a play. Since Brees picked the ball back up and threw it, it just counted as a forced fumble.

The importance of this win can't be understated, IMO. You hate to call the 2nd game of the season a must win, but we absolutely could not afford to start 0-2 when both of those games were division games. 0-2 is a tough blow regardless, but if you drop your first two division games, and you're in a world of trouble.

Hardy didn't get credit for the should have been sack when Brees was flagged for grounding.

Alexander had a nice pressure and hit the ball when Brees threw it. Keiser, of all people got half of a coverage sack though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

Jump to: