Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Grade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Draft Grade Reply with quote

I think the Ravens deserve a good solid B+, maybe an A-.

Mark Clayton(while he certainly wasnt my top choice) actually was the BPA at 22. I would have prefered Jamal Brown or David Pollack over him, but with what was available, Clayton was definetly the best. He should be able to make an immediate impact and i would expect him to start opposite Mason.

Dan Cody was a great value pick at 53rd overall and again certainly the BPA. Cody was classified as one of DeCosta's "Ravens type player". Im not sure where he will project to whether its OLB or DE. Either way he should also have an immediate impact as a pass rusher.

Adam Terry was another great pick. I think we may have give up to much for him, especially if he is moved permenatly to RT. However, he is an excellent pass blocker and has quick hands and feets. It looks like he will be given a chance to compete with Brown for the starting spot.

Jason Brown was a pick i absolutly loved, my favorite of the draft by far. He holds just about every weightroom record at UNC and is an excellent run blocker. He can play guard or center and i see him taking over Rabachs old role as the primary guard and center backup.

Justin Green i didnt quite understand. I dont know much about him other then that he is pretty big, but il trust Ozzie knows what hes doing.

Derek Anderson was a very good pick. I think he represented good value in the 6th round. He should make a very good 3rd string QB.

Mike Smith is another guy i dont know much about, but he should provide us with good depth at LB.
mic79e

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked the picks of Jason Brown and Justin Green on the second day. We really needed a CB, but we never took one. I'm sure Ozzie is making a really strong push to sign a couple right now. If we can get guys like Brandon Browner and Chris McKenzie then we'll be alright, but we must get some young depth!!!

Dan Cody and Adam Terry were better than the 53rd and the 64th players in the draft, and even though I don't agree with the trade up for a RT, because of the depth in this draft, I want to see Terry take over from Zeus soon. And if he eventually replaces Ogden and becomes our starting LT, then I don't have any issues with the trade.

After drafting Mark Clayton I read some of his, and the teams, comments, and I like what I'm hearing so far.

Quote:
“Blocking is attitude and will,” Clayton said. “Either you’re going to do it or you’re not. I take pride in my blocking, and I’ll continue to do as well as make plays in the passing game.

I’m a hard worker, and I’m going to do whatever it takes to get this team to the Super Bowl.”

The two qualities that receivers must have in my opinion are; the ability to block in the running game, and I only want guys who put the team first. Clayton seems to fit that bill.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it funny that Savage and Ozzie both took two Sooners.

Excellent draft by the Wizard, as always. We see now that it is the system, and not the people at the top of the front office that gets you such a great draft.

Thanks for training Phil Savage all those years to give we Browns fans a draft to be happy with....finally.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Grade Reply with quote

I think we deserve a B+ or A- as well.

Mark Clayton- in the days leading up to the draft, i started to warm up to him, and he was in fact the BPA. the jags went w/ hype over production in matt jones, and i think clayton will outshine him. htes a great WR

Dan Cody- i LUV this pick. this guy was once projected to go as high as no. 7 to oakland. hes a player, plain and simple, a huge steal at the end of the 2nd round.

Adam Terry- another great pick. i wanted either terry or baas out of this draft, and we nabbed terry. he could come in and start his rookie year.

Jason Brown Great pick. he'll add depth to the O-line, and if flynn gets injured again, i won't feel bad if brown steps in.

Justin Green i don't know much about him, but i'll trust ozzie

Derek Anderson great pick. he was a very good player at OSU, i think he could eventually become our backup.
Mike Smith- see Justin Green..[/quote]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
I find it funny that Savage and Ozzie both took two Sooners.

Excellent draft by the Wizard, as always. We see now that it is the system, and not the people at the top of the front office that gets you such a great draft.

Thanks for training Phil Savage all those years to give we Browns fans a draft to be happy with....finally.

It will take a few years for Savage to re-build the Browns, but with his eye for talent, and an excellent coach like Romeo Crennel, the Browns have the right guys at the top to get things going in Cleveland.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: