Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: WEEK 2 Raiders (0-1) at Dolphins (0-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Raiders
75%
 75%  [ 30 ]
Dolphins
25%
 25%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 40

ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darksider wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
At least we have our first round pick this year

QB
CB
Offensive Line with the pick?

Can a team draft an offensive coordinator???

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said last week the zone blocking scheme was not going to work for D-Mac and you guys called for my execution.

He lacks the vision for the scheme. He said it himself, his eyes have to find the holes and his legs will follow. Well to his credit, not many holes, but even if there were holes, he cant find them.

I still love him, but not in this style offense. He needs a power blocking scheme, that gives him a hold to hit with authority and to use his upper body to run defenders over, when he is cutting and running laterally he won't break many tackles. 22 yards rushing today.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
young raider wrote:
lmao paycalling is too damn funny. mcfadden with 11 carries? HAAAA lmao

he hasn't been playing that great. or the blocking is terrible. he's averaging like 2.2 yards per rush.

Its Knapp and this ZBS. This is what happens when you change something successful.

La_Vader wrote:
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelawoffices wrote:
It's going to be pretty tough to score points when the OL sucks and the offensive scheme doesn't suit the QB or the RB.

+1,000,000

Last year we were one of the best in terms of sacks allowed and rush yards.
This year we look awful in both categories.
Why the hell change something that worked so well last year???

Its not just Knapp's play calling that is hurting us, it is his schemes.

La_Vader wrote:
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really hate the zbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:
It's going to be pretty tough to score points when the OL sucks and the offensive scheme doesn't suit the QB or the RB.

+1,000,000

this X100000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
ch8878

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Raiders play 4 more 10:00 PST Games so that will be 6 loses
true2form

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:

+1,000,000

This is the problem we had the last time we switched to the ZBS. The OL is not built for it so there will be growing pains. DMC is suited for the power game so he will not be as successful. Palmer is not a WC QB and it shows.

This square peg in a round hole stuff is absurd. The same thing happens to every 4-3 team that switches to the 3-4 the first year as well. If the plan is to completely change schemes then you have to blow it up and get players that fit. You can't just expect everyone to fit. I know a lot of people were comparing our O to the Texans, but how many years did it take them to get where they are and Knapp inherited most of the players there as well.
NickButera

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true2form wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:

+1,000,000

This is the problem we had the last time we switched to the ZBS. The OL is not built for it so there will be growing pains. DMC is suited for the power game so he will not be as successful. Palmer is not a WC QB and it shows.

This square peg in a round hole stuff is absurd. The same thing happens to every 4-3 team that switches to the 3-4 the first year as well. If the plan is to completely change schemes then you have to blow it up and get players that fit. You can't just expect everyone to fit. I know a lot of people were comparing our O to the Texans, but how many years did it take them to get where they are and Knapp inherited most of the players there as well.

Knapp didn't inherit the players in Houston. He was never in charge there. It wasn't even his scheme they were running, he was the QB's coach there. If he was the one responsible for turning their offense around.... I'd have plenty of patience to endure a year or so. But he was a positional coach, the turn around can be attributed to Dennison.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
ch8878

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true2form wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:

+1,000,000

+1000000

Well put but does he just refuse to some what adjust the scheme to fit these players isn't that what coaches do ?
true2form

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Can somebody photoshop Matt Barkley in a Raider uni? Cuz that's what we'll be seeing in April.

The zone kills DMC and the individual skill level of guys like Wiz, and JV. It doesn't work for us. I hate to be one of the Chicken Littles on here, but guys....THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

I can't wait for the Lakers season to start.....
Seriously someone Photoshop Barkley in a Raider Uni Laughing Laughing It's gonna happen

I sure hope not!! I get it, west coast, USC fans, etc. I really hope we don't get Barkley though. Maybe he would be better in the WC offense, but I've never been a fan. Give me Aaron Murray if we are actually drafting QB, but we have to go CB at this point, right?
true2form

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
true2form wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:

+1,000,000

Knapp didn't inherit the players in Houston. He was never in charge there. It wasn't even his scheme they were running, he was the QB's coach there. If he was the one responsible for turning their offense around.... I'd have plenty of patience to endure a year or so. But he was a positional coach, the turn around can be attributed to Dennison.

Correct, but the point still remains the same.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true2form wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Can somebody photoshop Matt Barkley in a Raider uni? Cuz that's what we'll be seeing in April.

The zone kills DMC and the individual skill level of guys like Wiz, and JV. It doesn't work for us. I hate to be one of the Chicken Littles on here, but guys....THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

Seriously someone Photoshop Barkley in a Raider Uni Laughing Laughing It's gonna happen

I sure hope not!! I get it, west coast, USC fans, etc. I really hope we don't get Barkley though. Maybe he would be better in the WC offense, but I've never been a fan. Give me Aaron Murray if we are actually drafting QB, but we have to go CB at this point, right?
Omg imagine another USC bust on this team, excuses for YEARS!!!!
ch8878

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true2form wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

Aaron Murray
Tyler Wilson
Landry Jones
Mike Glennon
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to get rid of knapp. But we all no that's not going to happen this early. In all honesty I don't see anything happen this soon.

big thanks to OakleyCap on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 42 of 44

Jump to: