Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Guys To Watch for 2013 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going to give Woodley and Timmons a pass for week one.

I agree with what has been said about them, but there are alot of players who do look great in week one, and traveling from Pittsburgh to Denver for the first game of the year might have been one of the worst places we could have gone, given the elevation and its effects, the absence of Ryan Clark and the Broncos addition of Peyton Manning.

Timmons does look fat and slow...that concerns me. I wanted him to add mass a few years ago, but now he just looks bulky and lumbering. Get the weight back down to where your speed isnt effected.

Woodley....well, I love the guy but he is so frustrating. Dude is a monster but just so off and on. One game Ill give him a pass. If he does nothing this week Im going to start getting off his bandwagon. I cant support someone who only plays at a high level for half a season.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
rollins

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seen a few mention Chase Thomas but don't forget about Shayne Skov and Trent Murphy. These Stanford guys remind me of the USC group that came out a few years back (Malaluga, Mathews, and Cushing). These guys all are very talented and my favorite part about these guys is it seems as if they just love the game. They are blue collar players. I would love to grab one of these 3. All three of these players are versatile and very underrated.
rollins

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seen a few mention Chase Thomas but don't forget about Shayne Skov and Trent Murphy. These Stanford guys remind me of the USC group that came out a few years back (Malaluga, Mathews, and Cushing). These guys all are very talented and my favorite part about these guys is it seems as if they just love the game. They are blue collar players. I would love to grab one of these 3. All three of these players are versatile and very underrated.
3rivers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Im going to give Woodley and Timmons a pass for week one.

I agree with what has been said about them, but there are alot of players who do look great in week one, and traveling from Pittsburgh to Denver for the first game of the year might have been one of the worst places we could have gone, given the elevation and its effects, the absence of Ryan Clark and the Broncos addition of Peyton Manning.

Timmons does look fat and slow...that concerns me. I wanted him to add mass a few years ago, but now he just looks bulky and lumbering. Get the weight back down to where your speed isnt effected.

Woodley....well, I love the guy but he is so frustrating. Dude is a monster but just so off and on. One game Ill give him a pass. If he does nothing this week Im going to start getting off his bandwagon. I cant support someone who only plays at a high level for half a season.

+1 on both players.

If you would have told me Timmons would have turned out like this in 2010, I wouldn't have believed it.

Woodley is strong in the last half of the season and in the playoffs, but is a mystery before that. He could be DPOY if he just played at his level for most of the season, no doubt about it. With Harrison out, they should rush Woodley all the time, and maybe move him to the LOLB once in a while as well to see how that OT handles him.

Baldinger thinks Jets RT is up to the task vs Woodley, and he was an OL so lets see how this goes. Shouldn't matter who he goes up against thought, get pressure straight up with no trickery and you are good, simple as that. Forget RB's or TE's blocking the OLB, forget who is the OT or the conditions etc. No excuses Evil or Very Mad
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rollins wrote:

Thomas has many tools. But there are actually a few players there to keep tabs on, perhaps the second best defender is one most dont notice Bret Gardner #49. Still figuring on where he should play. The NT is intriguing as well.

...you have a forum resume?
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love me some TJ McDonald or Sean Porter.

I have a feeling after this season, Tomlin and the Steelers Org. will want to retool this defense. If either of those guys fall, I think thats the pick.

*If everything goes right!

down but not out. I still believe!
Dook

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB Johnthan Banks played safety before becoming a CB. If he is available at our pick in the first maybe we could take him and play him at safety?

Also some other prospects:

OLB Jamie Collins, 6' 4", 239 lbs, 98 tckls, 19.5 TFL, 6.5 sack, 8 PBU, 1 int.
S Micah Hyde, 6' 1", 190 lbs, 4.55, 72 tckls, 8 PBU, 3 int.
OG Larry Warford, 6' 3", 343 lbs
S Jordan Kovacs, 5' 11", 202 lbs, 4.57, 75 tckls, 4.5 TFL, 1 int.
WR Tyler Shaw, 6', 180 lbs, 4.34, 35 rec, 23.3 YPC, 9 TD's, late round pick, undersized and small school but fast
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think robert golden can be clark's future replacement with his above-average coverage skill. Its polamalu who we need to find a replacement for soon. For lebeau, shamarko thomas is the guy who you want to replace polamalu. For a cover 2, regular safety, you want a higher pick I.e. tj mcdonald.
Dook

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB Adam Kennedy, 6' 5", 219 lbs, 4.95, only pass 76 attempts, 69.1% comp, 11 TD, 4 int.

This guy is kind of like Tom Brady when he was in college, good but not given the chance to prove himself. Utah St. recruits him from JUCO and he comes in and plays well then for some reason gets replaced by a freshman and the freshman plays worse but still keeps the starting QB job.

He should be available in the 5th or 6th round just because he's not going to get enough rep's.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:
QB Adam Kennedy, 6' 5", 219 lbs, 4.95, only pass 76 attempts, 69.1% comp, 11 TD, 4 int.

This guy is kind of like Tom Brady when he was in college, good but not given the chance to prove himself. Utah St. recruits him from JUCO and he comes in and plays well then for some reason gets replaced by a freshman and the freshman plays worse but still keeps the starting QB job.

He should be available in the 5th or 6th round just because he's not going to get enough rep's.

Im supposing you don't know who Chuckie Keeton is? Kennedy didn't lose his job to a freshman, he took over towards the end of the year when Keeton was hurt.

turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see TJ McDonald and Kevin Reddick drafted right now.

I'm not sure why some think Reddick is undersized, a lot of ILB's in the NFL are in the 6'2, 240 lb range.

I like both players a lot and thought they could be targets of the Steelers if they came out last year.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Reid is the one Id love to get, but wont happen.

T'eo...Im not big on him for the 34...not sure Im that big on him in general. Inconsistent as hell....but I havent seen him play yet this year.

McDonald wouldnt be bad either, but isnt he more of a SS? (Forget)

No to Lattimore or any RB. Dwyer is looking good and Redman is solid...no RB is going to have success until we fix the line so drafting a RB that early is a waste, especially since we have talent at the position.

Too early to talk specific names, but ILB and S are the two biggest needs at this point IMO.

http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mcdonald_tj00.html

Quote:
2011: McDonald started for his second season at free safety as a junior in 2011 and had an outstanding season. Overall in 2011 while appearing in all 12 (he started all but the Colorado game), he had 67 tackles (third on USC), including 2.5 for losses, a team-high 3 interceptions, 2 deflections, a fumble recovery and a blocked punt. He was one of 15 semifinalists for the 2011 Thorpe Award and one of 20 quarterfinalists for the Lott IMPACT Trophy. He made the 2011 Sporting News and Pro Football Weekly All-American first team (joining his father, Tim, as the first father-son All-American first teamers in USC history), the SI.com All-American second team and the Phil Steele All-American third team.He made the 2011 All-Pac-12 first team. He made the 2011 ESPN.com, CBSSports.com, CollegeFootballNews.com and Phil Steele All-Pac-12 first team. He won USC's 2011 Defensive Perimeter Player of the Year Award. He was a USC captain (joining his father, Tim, as the first father-son captains in Trojan history).

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I'd like to see TJ McDonald and Kevin Reddick drafted right now.

I'm not sure why some think Reddick is undersized, a lot of ILB's in the NFL are in the 6'2, 240 lb range.

I like both players a lot and thought they could be targets of the Steelers if they came out last year.

Both are very much overrated. I had the same original liking for Reddick as well, until I went back and scouted a few games from last year.

Reddick, typical of UNC players, is lackadaisical. Doesn't flow to the ball well laterally. He has a tendency to hop which is a habit that is concerning when it comes to instincts and read and react skills. Im not saying he's worthless just feel he is more of a mid round value and below rather than the late 1st to mid 2nd that many seem to portray him as. I'd be more comfortable later in the draft but would seek better options ideally.

TJ McDonald, I don't see it, more like Taylor Mays 1.5. I've watched and broken down more games of USC than any other team and am still waiting to see what is so good about this ?safety? He's a horribly inconsistent tackler that does nothing special in coverage. Ok he has bloodlines and is athletic but sadly plays very similar to Taylor Mays and I don't believe will have anywhere near the athletic #'s. You're basically taking the same risk as Mays IMO.

JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:
CB Johnthan Banks played safety before becoming a CB. If he is available at our pick in the first maybe we could take him and play him at safety?

Also some other prospects:

OLB Jamie Collins, 6' 4", 239 lbs, 98 tckls, 19.5 TFL, 6.5 sack, 8 PBU, 1 int.
S Micah Hyde, 6' 1", 190 lbs, 4.55, 72 tckls, 8 PBU, 3 int.
OG Larry Warford, 6' 3", 343 lbs
S Jordan Kovacs, 5' 11", 202 lbs, 4.57, 75 tckls, 4.5 TFL, 1 int.
WR Tyler Shaw, 6', 180 lbs, 4.34, 35 rec, 23.3 YPC, 9 TD's, late round pick, undersized and small school but fast

Banks has looked better so far this year, making plays. He has a teammate that is quite intriguing in junior DB Nicko Whitley, he brings it. There is some talent on that Miss St D.

Gatoradus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I would want a cornerback that would be conversed to a safety for our defense...

When drafting those kind of players, normally they don't meet the expectation. We have few of those on our roster.

If we were to draft a cornerback, I'd want him to PLAY cornerback...

In this case, I like a lot from what I saw from Jonathan Banks at cornerback.

Just because we have Taylor, Lewis, Allen, and Brown it doesn't mean you pass on Banks if he's a BPA. However I don't think he'll be there by our pick at all..

Te'o is other story, he COULD be there and I know some of us are still 50-50 on him but if he's a BPA, you take him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: