Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Injury updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsnydes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done. Thanks bud.

TommyC376^^^
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/09/16/adam-carriker-brian-orakpo-injured-early-for-redskins-vs-rams/

Well I'm just catching up here. I see why our D struggled after the beginning of the game. Losing Carriker and Orakpo is huge!!

They are saying Orakpo just strained his left shoulder in his sack, strip fumble but that's a major concern because that's the pec/shoulder that he had surgery on in the offseason.

They said Carriker had ice on his knee and as footy has said before that's never a good sign. Let's hope Carriker's injury isn't that serious, losing him puts a huge dent in our run D as you can see because of how poorly our run D played after he went out.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
El ramster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard from a skins friend that Rak tore his peck.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Crap, I hope that's not true... Pray

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

i hope not either but you have to also understand you give the back ups a chance to see if they can do better. Not saying Orakpo didnt do nothing because he atleast had a sack and got injured .

Wilson shown he can be a decent pass rusher. And Jackson too. Now I herd Josh Wilson might not play so you get to see your rookie CB Crawford with more playing time and to that we have no picks next year and have cap issue so in a way if we are rebuildig we need to start fresh. Start Crawford please and give him a chance if Wilson is out.

Jarvis Jenkins needs to step up and I would like to see Dezmon Briscoe please come in and start somewhere around the line.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

i hope not either but you have to also understand you give the back ups a chance to see if they can do better. Not saying Orakpo didnt do nothing because he atleast had a sack and got injured .

Wilson shown he can be a decent pass rusher. And Jackson too. Now I herd Josh Wilson might not play so you get to see your rookie CB Crawford with more playing time and to that we have no picks next year and have cap issue so in a way if we are rebuildig we need to start fresh. Start Crawford please and give him a chance if Wilson is out.

Jarvis Jenkins needs to step up and I would like to see Dezmon Briscoe please come in and start somewhere around the line.
Wait, what happened to Josh Wilson now?

He was hurt also! Well crap! No wonder why our D got burned, we were without 3 starters.

Brian23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Jackson is one of the reasons we lost this game...

He can't run block to save his life, and once Rak was gone we had zero pass rush.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
I'm looking for a Sunday morning Pierre update. What's the gut feeling. I'm debating starting him or Nicks.

Start Hicks, do not even think twice about it.

This was even a question? Woof. Even if Garcon had been healthy, it should have been no question.
footy_29

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Rak tore his pectoral again, that's devastating for the defense and for him. IF true, D'Qwell Jackson returned after suffering two, but clearly it was a tough road for him and took him a while to get back in the groove.

I think all here know how I feel about Carriker, and he will be badly missed if his knee is as serious as it appears. However, it will give the staff an opportunity to evaluate Jarvis and see what kind of player he can be. I expect Bowen to slide over to LE.

A back-up pass rusher was on the wish list for next draft anyway, in my opinion.

Last edited by footy_29 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brian23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
If Rak tore his pectoral again, that's devastating for the defense and for him. IF true, D'Qwell Jackson returned after suffering two, but clearly it was a tough road for him and took him a while to get back in the groove.

I think all here know how I feel about Carriker, and he will be badly missed if his knee is as serious as it appears. However, it will give the staff an opportunity to evaluate Jarvis and see what kind of player he can be. I expect Bowen to slide over to LE.

I doubt it.

Gholston got the snaps after Carricker went down. I think Shanny and them are really all about playing positional players, not playing someone who "may" be better.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:

He can't run block to save his life, and once Rak was gone we had zero pass rush.
Why would rob Jackson be run blocking? He's an OLB. Do you mean he couldn't get off his blocks?

If any team loses 2 starters in their front 7 in the first a quarter of a game they are likely to struggle the rest of the game. That shouldn't surprise anyone.

Brian23

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Why would rob Jackson be run blocking? He's an OLB. Do you mean he couldn't get off his blocks?

If any team loses 2 starters in their front 7 in the first a quarter of a game they are likely to struggle the rest of the game. That shouldn't surprise anyone.

Yeah, misspoke. He was constantly getting washed out. That great burst I saw in the pre-season was now here to be seen. He was late off the line, getting blown off the line, and the only times I saw him getting okay pressure was because Bowen was beasting the LG.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Yeah, misspoke. He was constantly getting washed out. That great burst I saw in the pre-season was now here to be seen. He was late off the line, getting blown off the line, and the only times I saw him getting okay pressure was because Bowen was beasting the LG.
Well, he can only go up from here right?? Wink Laughing

PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Washington Redskins defensive end Adam Carriker is expected to have surgery on his right knee after seriously injuring it on the second play of Sunday’s 31-28 loss at St. Louis. Carriker is to have an MRI on Monday to learn the extent of the injury, but Redskins coach Mike Shanahan indicated that the team isn’t optimistic about Carriker’s chances of returning any time soon. “It doesn’t look good,” Shanahan said.

Quote:
Meanwhile, outside linebacker Brian Orakpo could be lost for a significant stretch of time as well after re-injuring the same shoulder/pectoral muscle that required surgery in the offseason.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:

Our pass rush didnt do anything and the rams played smart because Bradford just did the quick drop back passes and Danny boys YAC where amazing.

I wont blame Jackson at all even if Orakpo was there our D was getting shredded . We will see what happens in Fed Ex next week but I wouldnt be surprised if Has gets fired week 6 out of Morris Favor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: