Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT-Week 2 Vikings (1-0) vs Indianapolis Colts (0-1)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: GDT-Week 2 Vikings (1-0) vs Indianapolis Colts (0-1) Reply with quote

This is; IMO, the Colts first opportunity to win a game this year. Although with Freeney and Reitz out and Austin Collie doubtful the chances are still slim. It is believed that Trai Essex will not be starting this week so we'll see Seth Olsen at LG again. Winston Justice returned to practice Thursday but he is listed as questionable.

Injuries
Out
LB Pat Angerer - foot
LG Joe Reitz - knee
OLB Dwight Freeney - ankle

Doubtful
WR Austin Collie - concussion

Questionable
RT Winston Justice - concussion

Probable
WR T.Y. Hilton - shoulder

Vikings
Questionable
LB Marvin Mitchell - ankle
WR Jarius Wright - ankle

Probable
CB Chris Cook - biceps
TE Rhett Ellison - ankle
HB Adrian Peterson - knee
CB Josh Robinson - hip
S Andrew Sendejo - ankle
C John Sullivan - ankle
Couldn't think of anything funny, thought provoking, inspiring or a cool idea for a photo with text. Didn't want to tell you who my favorite teams are in sports because I doubt you care. And there aren't enough Colts fans for Adopt-a-Colt
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy...I was hoping Freeney would be ok to play. I'm worried about Rudolph...he might kill us over the middle over and over.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 wrote:
Oh boy...I was hoping Freeney would be ok to play. I'm worried about Rudolph...he might kill us over the middle over and over.

Harvin is a great receiver underneath and over the middle, he will be another receiver that the Colts need to hold in check.

Just a few areas of struggle for the Vikes:

3rd down defense - MN had a hard time getting off the field against the Jags in the first half, who relied on the short passing game. I could see the Colts having some success with Reggie Wayne and Coby Fleener.

TE coverage - The Vikes safetys are very young, if you can get Fleener down the seam and confuse the coverage assignments, I think that is a favorable matchup for you guys.

RT Phil Loadholt vs Robert Mathis - Loadholt is terrible against speed rushers, MN will be using lots of TEs on his side to chip Mathis.

Interior Pass Rush - the Vikes struggled to get push inside against the Jags, Gabbert often had a clean pocket to step into to avoid the rush of the DEs, who will be bringing a lot of heat.

Linebacker coverage - this directly relates to the Jags ability to move the ball underneath last week. Greenway isnt reliable in coverage, Brinkley is too lumbering to cover and Erin Henderson is a better down hill player than a coverage player. Attack the Vikes LBs in the passing game, there will be some favorable matchups for Indy.

Downfield passing game - MN struggled to open up its downfield passing game in the first half last week. MN doesnt have much downfield targets out of Rudolph and sometimes Harvin (he is often inconsistent downfield). The Vikes will either play it safe like last week and not take many shots downfield, or they could look to Devin Aromshodu for a big play. Aromshodu is capable of making a 20+ yard catch and getting chunks of yards.

Some of the Vikes strengths:

Running game - Peterson and the Oline really looked good last week, I would be concerned if I were Indy.

Underneath passing game - Harvin, Rudolph and Jenkins are a lot to contend with, they all are capable of moving the chains.

Pressure - Should be lots of pressure from Allen and Robison, but the Vikes need the interior line to step up.

Secondary play - Both Safetys had a strong showing last week for MN, and the CBs looked allright. The Vikes really didnt give up any big plays in the passing game against Jax, outside of the last second TD to Shorts. Either the vikes secondary is much better compared to last year, or they took advantage of a young QB. Might not have an answer to this question having to face Andrew Luck.

Special teams - the Vikes have a dangerous return game with Harvin. Rookie Blair Walsh has a huge leg and should drive most kickoffs for TBs. Chris Kluwe is one of the best punters in the league.

The wildcard of course is always Christian Ponder, if he is able to play smart and take what the defense gives him, I think he will be fine. However, if Ponder starts forcing things and making bad decisions, the Vikes probably wont stand a chance of winning. Ponder has a bad habit of making a bad decision and then a snowball affect ensues where he continues to make bad decisions. When he is off, he is really off and doesnt seem to recover.

I think the Vikes will win in what will likely be a very close game.

Best of luck on Sunday!
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Chris Kluwe is one of the best letter writers in the league.

FIFY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Chris Kluwe is one of the best letter writers in the league.

FIFY

He is an interesting player to follow, no doubt. He plays in a band too!
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys have internet in Indianapolis?

I kid I kid! Laughing

Good luck today guys!
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post vikingsrule...

I have to dvr game and watch after my sons baseball game is over. Cant wait to get home and watxh it though, both these teams are young and fun to watch.

I do think wayne and fleener will have some great games, looks to be high scoring contest I think!

Ind-31
Min-30

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inactives:
Colts
WR Austin Collie
OLB Dwight Freeney
LG Joe Reitz
RT Winston Justice
ILB Pat Angerer
RB Delone Carter
QB Chandler Harnish
Couldn't think of anything funny, thought provoking, inspiring or a cool idea for a photo with text. Didn't want to tell you who my favorite teams are in sports because I doubt you care. And there aren't enough Colts fans for Adopt-a-Colt
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great play by Bethea on sniffin out that pass to Harvin and the openfield tackle.

Of course the Vikings then just focus on running the ball and first down
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF/When Collie returns, and IF Avery can stay healthy. The targets that Luck has can be big mismatches

Good pass by Luck on the TD
Colton

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't have a chance to catch any of last weeks game, but getting ot see this entire game thankfully. Sweet start by the offense. I can't beleive how poised Andrew looks already. He has no hesitations. This is exciting to see.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerrell Freeman is such a beast. When Angerer returns the Colts will have a nice problem figuring out who amongst the MLBs they will start between Angerer, Connor and Freeman
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes, Satele is going out.

I think McGlynn moves to C and Essex plays at RG.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great TD pass.

Field Goal, pa stop it.
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good right now. Hopefully this keeps up. I'm surprised that Rudoph and Harvin haven't carved us up yet considering AP is always a threat on the ground.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: