Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospects to Watch Week 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Tyler Wilson just called his team quitters. Under no circumstance do I want a guy like that on my team.

Even more so because he didn't actually play.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Tyler Wilson just called his team quitters. Under no circumstance do I want a guy like that on my team.

Even more so because he didn't actually play.

I generally agree, but I dare anyone who watched the game to disagree with him.

Facts are facts, regardless as to whether or not they hurt feelings.

I've seen guys in their early 20s do and say worse. But yes, he should have kept his mouth shut.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
brownsfan1710 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Braxton please stay 2 years and develop as a passer.

I drool at what Braxton could be if his passing skills start to take over.

Also, Devin Smith has fantastic ball skills and hands. Really enjoy watching him.

The things you can't teach, he excels at. His throwing motion is okay. However his footwork and accuracy needs improvement. Give him 2 more years of college and hopefully 3-5 years of learning in the NFL he can fix those things.

I almost always hate Athletes who pretend to be a QB. I've long hated the Vince Young's, Michael Vicks, Donovan McNabb's and Tim Tebow's of the world. The only one I can think of I really liked was Robert Griffin last season. I've hated on Troy Smith and lord knows Terrelle Pryor is my least favorite Buckeye of all time, however, Braxton Miller is different IMO. I think he has what it takes to learn and let coached coach him up to be a better passer. It already shows from high school to last year and to know. I watch more OH-HS football than than College and let me tell you I hated Braxton Miller coming out. They guy seemingly had no passing skills, no ability to read the defense and single handedly blew a championship game for his Huber Heights Wayne team. Watching his progression over the last two years shows me his is willing to learn. He's willing to set his ego aside and let coaches make him better whereas Pryor was all ego and didn't want help, refuse to run, refused change. I think Braxton Miller can be a special player next year and beyond.

There is so much wrong with what you said about Wayne in the Championship game. I was at Fawcett Stadium for the game and he made many throws with pinpoint accuracy. His scrambling skills were shown off too. If anything, he was the reason why the game was so close. St. Ed's was just a more powerful, better team then them.

I was there too. I've been going to every Championship games since I was in 4th grade. He was the most disappointing "Super Star" I've watched in those years. He couldn't make a play to save his life. Maybe it was just that night who knows but it was far from super star status.

Jamison on the sig
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manti Teo has surprised me in this game. He looks more complete than last year.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

Do tell I was busy shopping for a new tv

<3 JF
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

He isn't just a run stuffer. He covered TEs very adequately.

Barkley is captain checkdown

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson Jeffcoat and Alex Okafor are a more dominant duo than Sam Montgomery and Barkevious Mingo have been all year and anything last year. LSUs defense is just so stacked with star players its hard to find any one players weaknesses.

Jamison on the sig
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Barkley will get comparisons to similar style QBs coming out of college (Not to mention he cannot win the big one. Or Beat stanford). Not real good. I really wasn't impressed with any of the "major" QBs today. Maybe I need to hop on the Geno Smith bandwagon...

Anyhow Te'O looked pretty good. I was watching the Bama game and fell asleep out of bordem...
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
brownsfan1710 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Braxton please stay 2 years and develop as a passer.

I drool at what Braxton could be if his passing skills start to take over.

Also, Devin Smith has fantastic ball skills and hands. Really enjoy watching him.

The things you can't teach, he excels at. His throwing motion is okay. However his footwork and accuracy needs improvement. Give him 2 more years of college and hopefully 3-5 years of learning in the NFL he can fix those things.

I almost always hate Athletes who pretend to be a QB. I've long hated the Vince Young's, Michael Vicks, Donovan McNabb's and Tim Tebow's of the world. The only one I can think of I really liked was Robert Griffin last season. I've hated on Troy Smith and lord knows Terrelle Pryor is my least favorite Buckeye of all time, however, Braxton Miller is different IMO. I think he has what it takes to learn and let coached coach him up to be a better passer. It already shows from high school to last year and to know. I watch more OH-HS football than than College and let me tell you I hated Braxton Miller coming out. They guy seemingly had no passing skills, no ability to read the defense and single handedly blew a championship game for his Huber Heights Wayne team. Watching his progression over the last two years shows me his is willing to learn. He's willing to set his ego aside and let coaches make him better whereas Pryor was all ego and didn't want help, refuse to run, refused change. I think Braxton Miller can be a special player next year and beyond.

There is so much wrong with what you said about Wayne in the Championship game. I was at Fawcett Stadium for the game and he made many throws with pinpoint accuracy. His scrambling skills were shown off too. If anything, he was the reason why the game was so close. St. Ed's was just a more powerful, better team then them.

I was there too. I've been going to every Championship games since I was in 4th grade. He was the most disappointing "Super Star" I've watched in those years. He couldn't make a play to save his life. Maybe it was just that night who knows but it was far from super star status.

That's interesting. From my P.O.V. I saw a playmaker deprived of other playmakers that had to do a lil' bit too much all to himself. Keep in mind that St.Ed's was practically a JR college team with advantages in size, coaching, and skill level. The fact that it was a close game at all was beyond remarkable to me.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Barkley will get comparisons to similar style QBs coming out of college (Not to mention he cannot win the big one. Or Beat stanford). Not real good. I really wasn't impressed with any of the "major" QBs today. Maybe I need to hop on the Geno Smith bandwagon...

Anyhow Te'O looked pretty good. I was watching the Bama game and fell asleep out of bordem...

So far it looks like you had the right of it on Barkley Booya. Geno Smith has the advantage that, like RG3 last season, he will play awful defenses all year long.

It'll be interesting to see Murray develop. Bray collapsed when his team needed him and looked petulant on the field while doing it (Jay Cutler?) but Murray will be facing some decent defenses this year so we will have a chance to put him under the pressure cooker.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: