Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft/Free Agency Thread II Sparkly Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Just so y'all know, this is going to go down as one of the best threads in FF history. JW and I kind of decided that

It's sparkly

^^^mack
JWingate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Just so y'all know, this is going to go down as one of the best threads in FF history. JW and I kind of decided that

It's sparkly

Just how you like your alcoholic drinks...oh never mind that is bubbly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so everyone knows FM30 is going to be doing the College Scouting for this thread because I am sure we can all agree that he has been doing a wonderful job at that already. I on the other hand will be doing the Pro Scouting, I will be giving reports on players of the Dallas Cowboys while coming up with our team needs and also I will be scouting potential free agents. Yes, we did already tell you this was going to be the greatest thread every, we are going to make everyone as smart as we are.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
Just so everyone knows FM30 is going to be doing the College Scouting for this thread because I am sure we can all agree that he has been doing a wonderful job at that already. I on the other hand will be doing the Pro Scouting, I will be giving reports on players of the Dallas Cowboys while coming up with our team needs and also I will be scouting potential free agents. Yes, we did already tell you this was going to be the greatest thread every, we are going to make everyone as smart as we are.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
JWingate

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal Information

Name: Spencer, Anthony
Position: SOLB
College: Purdue
Height: 6í3
Weight: 250 lbs

Position Skills

Read/React: Very Good

Spencer was very good at diagnosing the play and putting himself in position to make the play. One play does come to mind though where he did not put himself in position and it was the most recent game against the Giants (9/4) he had a chance to make the play against Bradshaw on the TD run, but read the wrong incorrectly and went the opposite way.

Initial Quickness: Good/Solid

Spencer gets a good jump off the ball during the snap while it is good it is nothing special and I would say he is about average off the snap of the ball.

Strength: Very good

I do not see Spencer getting pushed back in any play and stays good at the POA (point of attack).

Tackling: Good/Solid

Spencer is a very solid tackler, I donít see anything that would make him anymore than that.

Block Shedding: Inconsistent

Spencer was very inconsistent when looking to shed blocks especially when pass rushing. He was very consistent when against the run, but when it cam to rushing the passer he always struggled to shed his blocker. This is the main reason we all see him a second too late for the sack.

Strength vs Run: Very Good

This is one of Spencer best attributes he is very good shedding blocks against the run and using his blocker to his advantage, he makes plays during running plays all over the field.

Pursuit/Range: Very Good

Like I said above in the run game is all over the field and has very good range in coverage.

Zone Coverage: Very Good

For a Linebacker, I feel Spencer is shut down in coverage Ryan constantly puts Spencer in zone coverage and he definitely does well in it.

Man Coverage: Very Good

I saw Spencer very little in man coverage as he is playing more of a zone when in coverage being a linebacker, but when he did play man he played very well in coverage.

Power Rush: Very Good

This is probably the extent of Spencer pass rush, while he will try a speed rush he mainly dominated lineman when using his bull rush.

Speed Rush: Inconsistent

Spencer is not inept speed rushing but he is exactly what I gave him inconsistent, he sometimes can get a good speed rush going but will turn right around and look lost when rushing the passer. He is better off bull rushing every play he gets a great push on the lineman.

Errors: Very Good

Does not make many errors that I can notice, if he does it is one per game.

Overview

Strength:

Anthony Spencer is a very good overall player. He is great against the run and he is also very good in coverage. I would personally say that his best attribute is his coverage skills, he is shut down. He is also very knowledgeable of the game and is very aware of everything around him.

Weakness:

Spencerís only true weaknesses are his speed rush ability and shedding blocks. I believe if Spencer could improve his block shedding he will become a dominate player in the league and will be a great compliment to DeMarcus Ware, we might even be talking about Ware complimenting him.

Overall:

I believe over the years we have been very tough on Spencer because he was not able to get to the quarterback. I believe overall he is a great player but it is not for what we expect out of a OLB in the 3-4 defense. He is great at the dirty work and allows other to get the glory for it. He is like the Offensive Lineman on the defense. I am very excited to see what Spencer has in store for us this year.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:

Overall:

I believe over the years we have been very tough on Spencer because he was not able to get to the quarterback. I believe overall he is a great player but it is not for what we expect out of a OLB in the 3-4 defense. He is great at the dirty work and allows other to get the glory for it. He is like the Offensive Lineman on the defense. I am very excited to see what Spencer has in store for us this year.

Laughing

Anyone else picture Slam and the rest of the DCRA reaction like this?

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
JWingate

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Overall:

Laughing

Anyone else picture Slam and the rest of the DCRA reaction like this?

Probably haha but I was a Spencer hater as well because he never got to the QB, I will admit that. After watching some games, yes he is not a great pass rusher but can he stop the run and boy can he cover. I personally think his coverage ability is his best skill.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Spencer. I don't love Spencer. He is this teams new Greg Ellis. Solid contributor who probably gets more undeserved hate that really necessary in large part for never living up to expectations.

In Redball I Trust!
JWingate

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I like Spencer. I don't love Spencer. He is this teams new Greg Ellis. Solid contributor who probably gets more undeserved hate that really necessary in large part for never living up to expectations.

Watching his game film, I feel like if he can be put in a good position more often than not he is going to be a game changer. I think that is where Rob Ryan comes in with his defense and I believe he can surely do that. What I also noticed was that Spencer sets up a lot of everyone else s sacks. Just last week Spencer should of gotten the sack that was given to Hatcher. I believe there was another play as well that Spencer set up Ware for the sack. Like I said he does the dirty work.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, since this is also a draft thread, I'll go ahead and post something absolutely ridculous. But for those of you that want to watch College Players -- lookout for this one.

5* HS Prospect Thomas Tyner and the Nation's HIGHEST rated RB, has already committed to Oregon. That being said, he just ran for 644 yards, 10 TDs on 38 carries. Laughing

While I know this kind of production will absolutely NOT continue in HS football, let alone College or the NFL for that matter, it's pretty obscene.

I'm going to keep watching this kid, especially since he's coming to Oregon.

Wondering where I can apply for the DCRA?
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cicero wrote:
So, since this is also a draft thread, I'll go ahead and post something absolutely ridculous. But for those of you that want to watch College Players -- lookout for this one.

5* HS Prospect Thomas Tyner and the Nation's HIGHEST rated RB, has already committed to Oregon. That being said, he just ran for 644 yards, 10 TDs on 38 carries. Laughing

While I know this kind of production will absolutely NOT continue in HS football, let alone College or the NFL for that matter, it's pretty obscene.

Tyner is a good player, and one that will eventually be in the NFL. Dont think he can be a full time back, but will be dangerous for 10-15 touches per game. And I guess it depends where you look, but for ESPN's rankings, Tyner isn't even in the top 100 players overall

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Cicero wrote:

Tyner is a good player, and one that will eventually be in the NFL. Dont think he can be a full time back, but will be dangerous for 10-15 touches per game. And I guess it depends where you look, but for ESPN's rankings, Tyner isn't even in the top 100 players overall

I thought I specified but apparently I didn't. He's the nation's highest rated RB coming out of highschool on Oregon's prospect list.

Much more reliable than ESPN since nearly nothing on that site is reliable to me. Most people who follow HS prospects refer here:

http://247sports.com/Player/Thomas-Tyner-10298

He was ranked the No. 13th player overall in the Nation here before this game. Curious to see where he lands now.

Last edited by Cicero on Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gators Defense is just full of future HOFers.

#Justsayin'

#Gatornation

#Itsgreattobeagator

In Redball I Trust!
Cicero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Gators Defense is just full of future HOFers.

#Justsayin'

#Gatornation

#Itsgreattobeagator

I'd rather #WinTheDay everyday of the year than be a swamp dweller. GO DUCKS!!

flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cicero wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Cicero wrote:

I thought I specified but apparently I didn't. He's the nation's highest rated RB coming out of highschool on Oregon's prospect list.

Much more reliable than ESPN since nearly nothing on that site is reliable to me. Most people who follow HS prospects refer here:

http://247sports.com/Player/Thomas-Tyner-10298

He was ranked the No. 13th player overall in the Nation here before this game. Curious to see where he lands now.

Oh, 247 is much better, but I just thought you meant he is the consensus number one back

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 2 of 57

Jump to: