Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

On the Hot Seat with HT - update on Pg 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ace5


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 6127
Location: CT
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give iced tea a try. Laughing
_________________
iPwn wrote:
Your sig is wherever your car keys are. Sorry you won't ever see it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 10541
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up next On the Hot Seat with HT, we have Runaway Jim.



That's a pretty cool pic. So, what's your first name? I would assume it's Jim, but I still gotta ask.

Runaway Jim wrote:

No, it's Zach. Runaway Jim is the name of a song I like about a dog who runs away and takes his master's clothes, money and car. Here you go: Runaway Jim

In hindsight, I kind of wish I had used Fluffhead. Or maybe even Splangy.


Wow, Phish. I haven't heard them in years. Where do you live, Zach?

Quote:
Austin, Texas


Cool. You know, if you ever get a hankering for some midget clown action, Matts also lives in Austin. I'm sure y'all could hook up sometime and terrorize the little people. Assuming, of course, that you are old enough to get into those establishments.

Quote:
Not a problem, I'm 34.


Then I bet you've been a Cowboys fan for quite a while, right?

Quote:
I've been a Cowboys fan my entire life. Some of my earliest memories are watching Cowboys games with my dad. We were both born in Dallas.


Awesome. I love it when parents raise tyheir kids the right way, as Cowboys fans. Speaking of family, what is your marital status? Do you have any kids?

Quote:
I'm single, with no kids, but I do have two nephews, and a third niece or nephew on the way.


That's cool. You get to spend time with the kids, but if they get on your nerves, you can go home. Kinda like here. What about pets?

Quote:
No, but I'll get a dog once I get my own house. I want a border collie.


I have a cousin who has one of those, they are smart dogs. So, what do you do for a living?

Quote:
I'm a structural engineer. I mostly work on buildings, but I work on bridges some, too.


I always wanted to be a marine biologist or an architect, kinda like George Costanza. Oh well, enough about me. Who is your favorite current Cowboy? And your all time favorite Cowboy?

Quote:
It's a close call, but I'm going to go with Tony Romo as my favorite from this year's team. I think he's really become elite. Emmitt Smith is my all time favorite.


Nice choices. Romo is, for better or worse, our QB and is going to be here for years to come. As for Emiitt, what's not to like about the way he played the game? He was a warrior. Other than watching the Cowboys, do you have any hobbies or special interests?

Quote:
I'm a big music fan. I'll be going to the Austin City Limits Music Festival in about a month. I also like going to the symphony and the opera. I like to play guitar and bass guitar, though I'm not particularly good at it. I also like to go snow skiing when I get a chance.


Living in Austin, I guess you don't get to indulge that snow skiing fetish much. But, if you get down, how do you like to drown your sorrows: beer, fruity drinks or something else?

Quote:
Scotch is my drink of choice.


Nice, although I am more of a rum man myself, I bet scotch gets the job done. Thanks a lot for taking the time to let us get to know you better. Tune in next week, for another edition of On the Hot Seat with HT.
_________________


Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 13 tackles, 2 TFL, 0 sacks, 1 Pass Break Up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3561
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff HT. I really enjoy getting to know fellow Boys fans. Keep up the good work.
_________________

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 10541
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Great stuff HT. I really enjoy getting to know fellow Boys fans. Keep up the good work.


Thanks. We have the e-ROH, which is pretty much just about the guys who have been here forever and made a ton of posts. This thread is all about celebrating the great posters we have that don't get enough credit and recognition for their contributions to this forum.
_________________


Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 13 tackles, 2 TFL, 0 sacks, 1 Pass Break Up


Last edited by htfryar on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
DaBoys


Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 3268
Location: J.J. Wilcox fan club headquarters
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoying this thread. Keep rolling them out....
_________________

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 37414
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome. I just found this, really enjoyed the first two.

RJ - Do you live in N or S Austin? I cant remember if we talked about Franklins BBQ, but you should go if you havent yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 27660
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice 2nd interview, ht Applause
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Runaway Jim


Joined: 13 Mar 2009
Posts: 4815
Location: By This River
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
This is awesome. I just found this, really enjoyed the first two.

RJ - Do you live in N or S Austin? I cant remember if we talked about Franklins BBQ, but you should go if you havent yet.


I live up north. I have been to Franklin's a couple of times. I went there when it was still a trailer twice. I also went there for a friends birthday. About 15 of us got there at 9:30 and drank beer outside their front door all morning while the line formed behind us.
_________________

The_Slamman wrote:
RJ is officially the Champion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheStarStillShines


Joined: 12 Oct 2004
Posts: 8658
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Letterman!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 10541
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, it's time for another episode of On the Hot Seat with HT. This week's victim is JWingate.




What is your first name?

JWingate wrote:
Josh



OK Josh, where do you live?

Quote:
Delaware


Ugh, I bet it's gotta be tough living over near all those Redskin, Eagle and Giants fans. How did you become a Cowboys fan?

Quote:
My dad is a Cowboys' fan and I grew up in the 90's so I guess that didn't hurt either.


Oh, you grew up in the 90's, how old are you?

Quote:
22


What is your marital/relationship status?

Quote:
I am engaged, but the marriage is not for a few years.


Since you are waiting a few years to get married, I assume you have no kids?

Quote:
Nope, and hopefully it won't be for awhile.


That's probably a good idea. So, other than not procreating, what do you do?

Quote:
I am a server at Outback Steakhouse/Student.


You know, you could've brought me a Bloomin' Onion. When not at work or in class, what do you like to do with your free time?

Quote:
I like to scout college and NFL players. Also going to the NFL draft is very high up on my list.


I keep saying that I'm going to go to the draft sometime, but I never do. Are there any particular players you wish you could've scouted?

Quote:
I would say I am the greatest playa around....oh you mean football player. I like Ware but after the game Josh Brent played in week one I am starting to like him more and more.

Favorite All-Time player would be Emmitt Smith, he was one of the reasons why I became a Cowboys fan.


Josh Brent seems to be a polarizing player on here. Some people love him and thinks he has a great future, others think we still need to get a NT and ignore him. It's really strange. Enough about that, do you have any pets?

Quote:
Yes, I have 2 dogs. I don't count cats as pets as they are so annoying.

Boxer/Lab - "Riley"

Beagle - "Bentley"


Yeah, cats are just awful. Remind me to tell you about the time a guy I used to know got eaten by his cats. Well, we're almost out of time, so 1 last question. Which do you prefer: beer or fruity drinks?

Quote:
Serious question? Who do you think you are interviewing Des? Beer.


Alright Josh, thanks for your time. It's been fun getting to know you a little bit better. Guys, tune in next weekend for another installment of On the Hot Seat with HT.
_________________


Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 13 tackles, 2 TFL, 0 sacks, 1 Pass Break Up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 27660
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Serious question? Who do you think you are interviewing Des? Beer.


I'll have you know I've been fruity drink-free since last month Laughing
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
canadaluvsdalla


Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 3349
Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's crazy that I am old enough to be your dad, lol. I'm 37.


One thing that still makes me laugh with my interview with HT.
_________________

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24350
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. JW, what's your favorite beer?
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 10541
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Quote:
It's crazy that I am old enough to be your dad, lol. I'm 37.


One thing that still makes me laugh with my interview with HT.


Yours hasn't been posted yet, but it is next.
_________________


Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 13 tackles, 2 TFL, 0 sacks, 1 Pass Break Up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2933
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Up next On the Hot Seat with HT, we have Runaway Jim.



That's a pretty cool pic. So, what's your first name? I would assume it's Jim, but I still gotta ask.

Runaway Jim wrote:

No, it's Zach. Runaway Jim is the name of a song I like about a dog who runs away and takes his master's clothes, money and car. Here you go: Runaway Jim

In hindsight, I kind of wish I had used Fluffhead. Or maybe even Splangy.


Wow, Phish. I haven't heard them in years. Where do you live, Zach?

Quote:
Austin, Texas


Cool. You know, if you ever get a hankering for some midget clown action, Matts also lives in Austin. I'm sure y'all could hook up sometime and terrorize the little people. Assuming, of course, that you are old enough to get into those establishments.

Quote:
Not a problem, I'm 34.


Then I bet you've been a Cowboys fan for quite a while, right?

Quote:
I've been a Cowboys fan my entire life. Some of my earliest memories are watching Cowboys games with my dad. We were both born in Dallas.


Awesome. I love it when parents raise tyheir kids the right way, as Cowboys fans. Speaking of family, what is your marital status? Do you have any kids?

Quote:
I'm single, with no kids, but I do have two nephews, and a third niece or nephew on the way.


That's cool. You get to spend time with the kids, but if they get on your nerves, you can go home. Kinda like here. What about pets?

Quote:
No, but I'll get a dog once I get my own house. I want a border collie.


I have a cousin who has one of those, they are smart dogs. So, what do you do for a living?

Quote:
I'm a structural engineer. I mostly work on buildings, but I work on bridges some, too.


I always wanted to be a marine biologist or an architect, kinda like George Costanza. Oh well, enough about me. Who is your favorite current Cowboy? And your all time favorite Cowboy?

Quote:
It's a close call, but I'm going to go with Tony Romo as my favorite from this year's team. I think he's really become elite. Emmitt Smith is my all time favorite.


Nice choices. Romo is, for better or worse, our QB and is going to be here for years to come. As for Emiitt, what's not to like about the way he played the game? He was a warrior. Other than watching the Cowboys, do you have any hobbies or special interests?

Quote:
I'm a big music fan. I'll be going to the Austin City Limits Music Festival in about a month. I also like going to the symphony and the opera. I like to play guitar and bass guitar, though I'm not particularly good at it. I also like to go snow skiing when I get a chance.


Living in Austin, I guess you don't get to indulge that snow skiing fetish much. But, if you get down, how do you like to drown your sorrows: beer, fruity drinks or something else?

Quote:
Scotch is my drink of choice.


Nice, although I am more of a rum man myself, I bet scotch gets the job done. Thanks a lot for taking the time to let us get to know you better. Tune in next week, for another edition of On the Hot Seat with HT.



Hey ZAch, you need help on either guitar or bass, just send me a pm. I do that for a living.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group