Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

News Flash
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Was GB not 2nd year before last? Just run away with tail between legs for being wrong.

Your words:
Quote:
Sorry I thought this was 2012.

And that's his point: how can you criticize his argument because it's based on last year, then bring up two years ago (which is even more distant) to try and prove a point.

Team Stylish
EnglishLion20

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he is, but that isnt saying a great deal, he's average at Best, put Clay Matthews on him in the form he showed against the Bears, Backus wont be stopping him...

Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnglishLion20 wrote:
Maybe he is, but that isnt saying a great deal, he's average at Best, put Clay Matthews on him in the form he showed against the Bears, Backus wont be stopping him...

Backus got undressed by Jared Allen last year, but I'm pretty sure he neutralized Clay Matthews pretty well. Then again, through two games, Matthews has already matched his sack totals from last year. It doesn't look like it's gonna be that easy this time around.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
EnglishLion20

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
EnglishLion20 wrote:

Backus got undressed by Jared Allen last year, but I'm pretty sure he neutralized Clay Matthews pretty well. Then again, through two games, Matthews has already matched his sack totals from last year. It doesn't look like it's gonna be that easy this time around.

Yeah, hes back on the right side and showing his 2010 form again, last year (I think) The Packers used him more on the otherside primarily and he wasent as comfortable.

Bad news for the North though, Matthews looks back Crying or Very sad

Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Was GB not 2nd year before last? Just run away with tail between legs for being wrong.

Your words:
Quote:

And that's his point: how can you criticize his argument because it's based on last year, then bring up two years ago (which is even more distant) to try and prove a point.

My 2012 was sarcasm.

Fact is saying Backus is best after 2 games is a freaking joke.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Your words:
Quote:

My 2012 was sarcasm.

I accidentally read one of your posts, so now I feel obligated to respond:

Welcome to internet for beginners 101. Today we are going to discuss how sarcasm doesn't translate over the internet. Especially when you're backpedaling on your argument.

Also, I never said Backus was the best LT in the NFC North this year. Way to put words in my mouth again. If you look at the first reply to the OP I said I liked Kalil. But I certainly think Backus is better than Green Bay's and Chicago's LT.

Okay, I'm really gonna try to not read any of your gibberish now.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Your words:
Quote:

My 2012 was sarcasm.

I accidentally read one of your posts, so now I feel obligated to respond:

Welcome to internet for beginners 101. Today we are going to discuss how sarcasm doesn't translate over the internet. Especially when you're backpedaling on your argument.

Also, I never said Backus was the best LT in the NFC North this year. Way to put words in my mouth again. If you look at the first reply to the OP I said I liked Kalil. But I certainly think Backus is better than Green Bay's and Chicago's LT.

Okay, I'm really gonna try to not read any of your gibberish now.

Gotcha. You were bei g sarcastic about him being the best and I missed it. Good. Was beginning to question your football knowledge

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
I think this is a MAJOR overreaction.

Come on now.

GB and Chi are two VERY good pass rushing teams.

Last year Chicago was tied for 19th most sacks in the league and Green Bay was tied for 27th.

Hardly what I would call "Very good pass rushing teams."

detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
I think this is a MAJOR overreaction.

Come on now.

GB and Chi are two VERY good pass rushing teams.

Last year Chicago was tied for 19th most sacks in the league and Green Bay was tied for 27th.

Hardly what I would call "Very good pass rushing teams."

You're right, lets say definitively how good they are with only a game and a half to judge them by.

Judging it by the years prior too

GB was 2nd in 2010. 2011 was a down year in terms of pass rushing for them

2009 they were like 10th isn

2008 was last time they were both bad before last year.

They are good on annual basis.

You criticize me using last years stats (two games ago) then bring up stats from three years ago (10th still isn't VERY good btw) to try to strengthen your argument? Your hypocrisy is once again unmatched.

You are obviously wrong and simply wont admit it.

You probably thought Russell Wilson was going to Pro Bowl after 1 pre-season game too.

This whole OP is overreaction 101

What am I wrong about? Until tonight, there hasn't been anything in the last 17 regular season games to say these teams were "VERY good pass rushing teams" like you claimed they were.

I never thought Russell Wilson was going to be a Pro Bowler after one preseason game, way to put words in my mouth, but I'm excited to see what he can do.

You're so delusional on all topics you talk about I'm just going to do my best to give you the same treatment I gave Go_LiOnS. I'm gonna try to skip reading your posts and try to avoid responding to them. You don't bring any value to any discussion.

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: