Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

League cut thread (potential pickups)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mke1010

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Broncos Mobile: Saulsberry Completes Practice Squad | http://bit.ly/OI4Qf8

Was anyone cut from the practice squad? I read an article today in the Denver Post listing Blatnick as being on the practice squad. Is this an error or was he signed after we cut another guy?
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Was anyone cut from the practice squad? I read an article today in the Denver Post listing Blatnick as being on the practice squad. Is this an error or was he signed after we cut another guy?

Siliga was signed to the active roster, which opened a spot on the PS.

MUFC OK
mke1010

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Siliga was signed to the active roster, which opened a spot on the PS.

Thanks. Forgot about Siliga moving up.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's make a smart move and bring in now released OT Chris Williams for depth. Perhaps Magazu can work some magic.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Curry waived by the Raiders. One of the bigger draft busts in recent memory. Actually thought that he played improved in Oakland last season, but has had awareness issues going all the way back to college which obviously hasn't been coached out of him yet. Interesting since Seattle has done a good job with its other young members of the LB corps. Could we use him? DJ at Mike does leave a depth spot open at Sam.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Aaron Curry waived by the Raiders. One of the bigger draft busts in recent memory. Actually thought that he played improved in Oakland last season, but has had awareness issues going all the way back to college which obviously hasn't been coached out of him yet. Interesting since Seattle has done a good job with its other young members of the LB corps. Could we use him? DJ at Mike does leave a depth spot open at Sam.
If we had an injury I'd say yes but we don't have a place for him really.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:

I think Irving fills the bill pretty well at SAM. With DJ moving to the middle we're deep at all 3 spots.
howie102

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

I think Irving fills the bill pretty well at SAM. With DJ moving to the middle we're deep at all 3 spots.

Agreed. Some nice positional versatility knocking around, not to mention Trevathan exceeding expectations somewhat. Add to that the wise head of Brooking and its developing into a nice unit. Might even go so far as to suggest that LB isn't quite such a pressing need in the draft...?
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

howie102 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Agreed. Some nice positional versatility knocking around, not to mention Trevathan exceeding expectations somewhat. Add to that the wise head of Brooking and its developing into a nice unit. Might even go so far as to suggest that LB isn't quite such a pressing need in the draft...?

True enough. I figure DJ should be able to answer any questions regarding our MIKE through the rest of the season. Thats about the only spot in question IMO.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know how credible the source is (certainly doesn't pass the eye test) but Babin is supposedly visiting Denver on Wednesday.

http://www.spinitreacts.com/2012/11/eagles-cut-jason-babin-possible.html?m=1

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'd wait for a more credible source.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vic said the Broncos have no interest

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id like the idea of babin but when you think more about it you start considering, who would have to be cut, who would lose playing time and will he perform up to his ability. im sure having babin would free up von miller more but weighing in what it would take to bring him on the team i dont think its worth it

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. Babin had a great season last year, but so far this season, I'm not sure he's much of an upgrade. I think we're pretty solid with Wolfe, Doom, and Ayers who imo has played very well this year when given a chance. I'd like to see him work his way back into the starting slot so we could move Wolfe inside, since that's what we had in mind when we drafted him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet Elway signs him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: