Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns FF Lower League Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joelflynn44 wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
joelflynn44 wrote:
Can someone explain the IR position to me? I cant find anything in the settings. How many weeks does your IR person have to stay on Ir?

No limit. It's basically so that if one of your top 4-6 guys goes on IR early in the year but is going to be back for the last few games you don't lose that roster spot the whole time. But they DO have to be on the real life IR, not just injured.

Eh?

Sorry, tried to oversimplify it and just made it confusing.

If they're on the IR in real life, they can be on the IR in the league.

mas_atc, please drop a player to comply, or just delete the IR position altogether. It is dumb. Either way we all need to play by the same rules.

Dude, we are all playing by the same rules. I looked it up, and the IR list of players is basically determined by ESPN, I guess anyone they decide is going to miss multiple weeks gets an "IR" tagged onto their name on your team page. Anyone with this distinction can be placed on the IR. If you don't have anyone who meets said criteria, I'd say count yourself lucky, rather than talking about uneven playing field.

Deleting the IR as a whole we could certainly discuss as a league, but if ESPN lets you put a player there it is absolutely legit. Personally I would oppose deleting the IR because it is crippling when you have a bunch of guys on long term injuries and the IR slot helps to alleviate that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joelflynn44 wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
joelflynn44 wrote:
Can someone explain the IR position to me? I cant find anything in the settings. How many weeks does your IR person have to stay on Ir?

No limit. It's basically so that if one of your top 4-6 guys goes on IR early in the year but is going to be back for the last few games you don't lose that roster spot the whole time. But they DO have to be on the real life IR, not just injured.

Eh?

mas_atc, please drop a player to comply, or just delete the IR position altogether. It is dumb. Either way we all need to play by the same rules.

I did not set up this rule so that I could cheat. I set up the lower league with the same settings as the upper league. He is IR eligible because he is out for the next 4 weeks potentially longer. Contrary to what the Freaky said. It is called IR cause it allows you to place one of your injured players into the slot. They do not need to be on the IR in real life. Go to 'Players' tab and you can filter the categories to see who is IR eligible.... Fred Jackson is on that list. Sorry for the confusion.

Adopt A Brown
D'Qwell Jackson:
141 tackles 1.5 sacks 1 ff 1 fr 1 int 8 pd 4 qb hit
mas_atc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
joelflynn44 wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
joelflynn44 wrote:

Eh?

Dude, we are all playing by the same rules. I looked it up, and the IR list of players is basically determined by ESPN, I guess anyone they decide is going to miss multiple weeks gets an "IR" tagged onto their name on your team page. Anyone with this distinction can be placed on the IR. If you don't have anyone who meets said criteria, I'd say count yourself lucky, rather than talking about uneven playing field.

Deleting the IR as a whole we could certainly discuss as a league, but if ESPN lets you put a player there it is absolutely legit. Personally I would oppose deleting the IR because it is crippling when you have a bunch of guys on long term injuries and the IR slot helps to alleviate that.

^^^^ this as well...

Adopt A Brown
D'Qwell Jackson:
NickZambo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
joelflynn44 wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
joelflynn44 wrote:

Eh?

DO NOT remove the IR spot from our lineups. That would ridiculous. ESPN determines who is eligible, not the league manager. Chill peeps.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
joelflynn44

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok my bad. I thought anyone was able to be put on the ir spot. I am fine if espn gives specific guys the option. I thought because of the previous incorrect answer that the guy had to be on real life ir.

Location: 2013 Adopt a Brownie: Leon McFadden: 1 solo tackle, 1 assist
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I think if a player has the "O" or "IR" next to their name, then they are eligible for the IR slot on the bench. They can lose that label while they are in that slot, and when you go to make a player move, you will not be able to, because the system will tell you your roster is basically illegal and you have to fix it before you can continue to add/drop players.

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
sparroww77

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes players listed as Out or IR can go into the IR spot and stay there until you deem it and able to pick up anther player. But to return the IR spot player back to your active roster you must release someone.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok now I pray for no scoring corrections... 75-74.5 win.... That is ridiculous

Adopt A Brown
D'Qwell Jackson:
mas_atc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mas_atc wrote:

Ok seriously? I lose one yard and one point cause Matt Ryan takes a knee at the end of the game... That's garbage. Anyone agree with me on that... Well other than freaky obviously?

Adopt A Brown
D'Qwell Jackson:
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mas_atc wrote:
mas_atc wrote:

Ok seriously? I lose one yard and one point cause Matt Ryan takes a knee at the end of the game... That's garbage. Anyone agree with me on that... Well other than freaky obviously?

Thats ok, Michael Turner is on my roster. I can't cut him, even though he's average and in jail
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mas_atc wrote:
mas_atc wrote:

Hahahahaha.

74.5 - 74 win in a week in which my opponent's bench almost outscored my team. I am so lucky right now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
mas_atc wrote:
mas_atc wrote:

Thats ok, Michael Turner is on my roster. I can't cut him, even though he's average and in jail

Average and in jail Michael Turner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Knowshon Moreno

#JDI
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
mas_atc wrote:
mas_atc wrote:

Hahahahaha.

74.5 - 74 win in a week in which my opponent's bench almost outscored my team. I am so lucky right now.

I lost by one to EZ last week dude. [inappropriate/removed] happens.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
mas_atc wrote:
mas_atc wrote:

Hahahahaha.

look i get this is just sour grapes, but taking a knee isn't even a real play... well unless you are greg schiano or bernie kosar...

Adopt A Brown
D'Qwell Jackson:
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mas_atc wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
mas_atc wrote:
mas_atc wrote:

Hahahahaha.

look i get this is just sour grapes, but taking a knee isn't even a real play... well unless you are greg schiano or bernie kosar...

That is so aids

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13

Jump to: