Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OUT COACHED AGAIN
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: OUT COACHED AGAIN Reply with quote

Once again we have been subjected to a horrible demonstration of Lovie Smith's inability to prepare the Bears to play GB.

The blunders started with the coin toss and ONCE AGAIN Smith allows Rodgers to start with the ball. He does not learn a thing.

Thinking like this is absurd and almost certainly insures that when the Bears get the ball they will start deep in their territory.

Rather than do what virtually everyone here said they had to do to win the game - run the ball - they try and pass before driving the rush back.

While the defense did not play badly considering the time it was on the field almost everyone else played like total crap.

Cutler was awful, the WRs looked like they had never seen a football, the line did not protect, the special teams had their pants pulled down around their ankles and McCarthy had his way with them.

Bush looked real good.

Another Nationwide disaster. This is getting very tiresome.
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovie Smith is a good coach. Top 7 IMO.

The only thing I got from your post was that Lovie did a poor job choosing to defer instead of receive.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
CBears019

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: OUT COACHED AGAIN Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Once again we have been subjected to a horrible demonstration of Lovie Smith's inability to prepare the Bears to play GB.

The blunders started with the coin toss and ONCE AGAIN Smith allows Rodgers to start with the ball. He does not learn a thing.

Thinking like this is absurd and almost certainly insures that when the Bears get the ball they will start deep in their territory.

Rather than do what virtually everyone here said they had to do to win the game - run the ball - they try and pass before driving the rush back.

While the defense did not play badly considering the time it was on the field almost everyone else played like total crap.

Cutler was awful, the WRs looked like they had never seen a football, the line did not protect, the special teams had their pants pulled down around their ankles and McCarthy had his way with them.

Bush looked real good.

I agree with everything but the bolded. They held them to a 3 and out on the first drive. Their offense didn't score a TD until the second half. I really don't see how you can be upset about that.

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:

The only thing I got from your post was that Lovie did a poor job choosing to defer instead of receive.
No he isn't. He is consistently outcoached in big games. His teams are regularly shown to be poorly prepared for games.

SF showed how to beat GB: run the ball and keep Rodgers off the field. That should not be hard to see.

Giving Rodgers the ball to start a game is the last thing a good coach does.

His own first standard for his success is to beat GB something he cannot do in GB. Thus, he has failed by his own standard.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: OUT COACHED AGAIN Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:

Bush looked real good.

I agree with everything but the bolded. They held them to a 3 and out on the first drive. Their offense didn't score a TD until the second half. I really don't see how you can be upset about that.
I am upset because it is stupid and pointless and can only make it harder for the team. With that punter the chances you are going to be deep in your territory even IF you get a three and out.

It was a bad idea in the playoff game leading to playing from behind because of two quick scores. It is always a bad idea (unless the game is being played in a howling blizzard or rainstorm or you have the 85" defense) to give Rodgers the ball first.

If we were playing a raw rookie or qb prone to turnovers, I would have no complaint but AARON RODGERS or Brady or Manning maybe, not a chance.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:

No he isn't. He is consistently outcoached in big games. His teams are regularly shown to be poorly prepared for games.

SF showed how to beat GB: run the ball and keep Rodgers off the field. That should not be hard to see.

Giving Rodgers the ball to start a game is the last thing a good coach does.

His own first standard for his success is to beat GB something he cannot do in GB. Thus, he has failed by his own standard.
I feel like most defensive coaches like deferring the ball against good offenses. As a Jets fan I know Rex Ryan has no problem deferring the ball if the Jets win the toss, simply to see the looks the opposing offense will give for future drives. Even applying this to madden, I prefer to defer the ball as I like to see what kind of offensive player I'm up against. Just my two cents though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We gave Rodgers the ball at the start of the game…then took it straight back off him after 3 plays…Lovie didn’t get outcoached giving him the ball…

Lovie isn’t an offensive coach…he left Tice to run the scheme…which is exactly what he should do…

And how badly Cutler, the receivers and the Oline played again has nothing to do with Lovie’s coaching.
ShaggyBear

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This wasn't lovies fault. Tice needs to call more run plays and rotate backs better against aggressive defenses. Cutler needs to go through progressions better and stop eyeballing receivers. Forte did a poor job in pass protection. The line couldn't block anyone and looked like little boys. Our "big" receivers couldn't get open. Tice needs to spend all weekend watching this game. At least we draw the rams next week....

Badger75

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Marshall dropping a catch for a TD?

Is Earl Bennett still learning routes?

How is Forte?

Cutler sacked and late hit how many times?
ChiCity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: OUT COACHED AGAIN Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
the special teams had their pants pulled down around their ankles and McCarthy had his way with them.

ew
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
We gave Rodgers the ball at the start of the game…then took it straight back off him after 3 plays…Lovie didn’t get outcoached giving him the ball…

Lovie isn’t an offensive coach…he left Tice to run the scheme…which is exactly what he should do…

And how badly Cutler, the receivers and the Oline played again has nothing to do with Lovie’s coaching.
It is clear that the Bears paid no attention to the 49ers game. Once this crap starts it is hard to stop it. Forte's blown block started the slide BUT he should have been running with the ball and not blocking at that point. A play action when not one run has been called? Who is going to bite on that? Almost everyone here said that we could win IF we ran the ball. Smith could not see this?

This is a very bad time for this team to fall apart since I am selling my PSLs after this season so it is going to cost me money. But Smith will be gone after this year so that is something to look forward to.

Giving Rodgers the ball is a horrible mistake. It did us NO good even though we stopped them. We would have gotten the ball on the twenty anyway.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaggyBear wrote:
This wasn't lovies fault. Tice needs to call more run plays and rotate backs better against aggressive defenses. Cutler needs to go through progressions better and stop eyeballing receivers. Forte did a poor job in pass protection. The line couldn't block anyone and looked like little boys. Our "big" receivers couldn't get open. Tice needs to spend all weekend watching this game. At least we draw the rams next week....
The buck stops with Smith. He is in charge of the game plan overall. Don't think the Rams are going to be pushovers.

No matter how much talent we have the limiting factor is our head coach.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

It is clear that the Bears paid no attention to the 49ers game. Once this crap starts it is hard to stop it. Forte's blown block started the slide BUT he should have been running with the ball and not blocking at that point. A play action when not one run has been called? Who is going to bite on that? Almost everyone here said that we could win IF we ran the ball. Smith could not see this?

This is a very bad time for this team to fall apart since I am selling my PSLs after this season so it is going to cost me money. But Smith will be gone after this year so that is something to look forward to.

Giving Rodgers the ball is a horrible mistake. It did us NO good even though we stopped them. We would have gotten the ball on the twenty anyway.

Smith is not the OC...you might not like Smith but you are trying to pin something on him that he had no direct involvement in.
Badger75

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out coached? That fake fg for a td before half time was as old as the hills. The rest of the game looked like they are too tentative, thinking too much. They still look out of synch.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Smith is not the OC...you might not like Smith but you are trying to pin something on him that he had no direct involvement in.

Agreed...as much as I dont like Lovie this wasnt his fault. The problems on offense are completely on Tice.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: