Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 1: Broncos vs Steelers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
Did anyone watch the show "NFL Turning Point" on NBCS this week? Denver was featured and it had some great "inside" stuff. One particular thing I noticed is that the Touchdown pass to DT was thanks to our OC Mike McCoy. He was sitting on the sidlines with PFM and showed him that the Steelers were continuing to blitz from the weakside of our formation, and if he noticed that to check to a quickpass to the weakside. PFM notices the blitz coming from the weakside and throws a screen to DT that goes the distance. I think Mike McCoy is very underrated in our forum. The guy went from Orton, to Tebow, to PFM and has played to their strengths. I think he deserves a little credit.

I agree he deserves some credit. I just hate having good coordinators because they always leave. I know that's the nature of the beast, but McCoy is all but gone after this season. He had HC interviews last year, and with what we should do this year, he will have even more.

The crew we have right now in the office and on the field is nothing short of amazing. Elways doing a hell of a job in the FO. Fox and Del Rio can handle the defense and pairing McCoy with Manning is dangerous. If we could keep that group together for the duration of Manning's career, it could be a bad deal for the rest of the league. But I'm sure McCoy is gone after this year and if Del Rio doesn't leave this year he probably will after next season. The positive is it means we have one hell of a coaching staff for this season.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
Did anyone watch the show "NFL Turning Point" on NBCS this week? Denver was featured and it had some great "inside" stuff. One particular thing I noticed is that the Touchdown pass to DT was thanks to our OC Mike McCoy. He was sitting on the sidlines with PFM and showed him that the Steelers were continuing to blitz from the weakside of our formation, and if he noticed that to check to a quickpass to the weakside. PFM notices the blitz coming from the weakside and throws a screen to DT that goes the distance. I think Mike McCoy is very underrated in our forum. The guy went from Orton, to Tebow, to PFM and has played to their strengths. I think he deserves a little credit.

Actually I think he deserves a lot of credit. He's very good at adapting to a players strength. Also I believe he's quite good at gameplanning, and mixing up plays. With McCoy it's pretty tough for a defense to pin their ears back.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbdvpmz4jLM
Tom Brady Tribute
JRebar913

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:

I agree he deserves some credit. I just hate having good coordinators because they always leave. I know that's the nature of the beast, but McCoy is all but gone after this season. He had HC interviews last year, and with what we should do this year, he will have even more.

The crew we have right now in the office and on the field is nothing short of amazing. Elways doing a hell of a job in the FO. Fox and Del Rio can handle the defense and pairing McCoy with Manning is dangerous. If we could keep that group together for the duration of Manning's career, it could be a bad deal for the rest of the league. But I'm sure McCoy is gone after this year and if Del Rio doesn't leave this year he probably will after next season. The positive is it means we have one hell of a coaching staff for this season.

this is something that bugs me, some of these co ordinater's need to realize that thats what they are, co ordinater. so many of them fail at being head coach. being a head coach adds more stress and less job security. mccoy and del rio would be smart to stay at their current position.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29
Page 29 of 29

Jump to: