Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lindley At The Ready

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Lindley At The Ready Reply with quote

Coach Ken Whisenhunt said it’ll be a day or two before a decision is made on Skelton, who suffered a low ankle sprain in the fourth quarter of the Cardinals’ season opener against Seattle on Sunday. Skelton did not practice Wednesday. Until word comes down one way or the other, Lindley is holding tight.

“I feel like I’m ready to go,” said Lindley, the Cardinals’ sixth-round draft pick in April. “I’m comfortable. I don’t know if I’ve mastered the offense to the point these two guys (Skelton and Kolb) have. I feel like I can go in and function.”

Lindley was inactive against the Seahawks but had a flashback to the final preseason game when he saw Skelton holding his ankle on the ground. The snap counts during the Cardinals’ first four preseason games were monitored so Lindley knew about in which part of the game he’d be playing. Against Denver on Aug. 30, the plan was for Lindley to play the first half and Richard Bartel to play the second. But Bartel was injured in the third quarter. Lindley had to trade his hat for a helmet and get back on the field in a moment’s notice.

“I think it was another blessing in disguise,” Lindley said. “You never want to see anybody get hurt but it gets you ready for not knowing when you’re going to go in.”

Whisenhunt was impressed with Lindley’s level of readiness and believes those extra snaps in the preseason could benefit Lindley if he’s forced into action. Sunday evening, when the severity of Skelton’s injury was still unknown at the time, Kolb took the Lindley under his wing and talked to the rookie about the importance of being ready.

“Last week is probably a pretty good indication of how fast it can happen,” Kolb said. “He overworks. He’s in the study room all the time and in the film room. I’m not concerned about him being ready.”

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-2/Lindley-At-The-Ready/35a6f15b-17c6-4c5c-ba79-a770a0b73a21

Kolb say he's not concerned about Lindley being ready, said said at the end of the preseason that he is. Who ya siding with fellas?

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him being "ready" to me is really niether here nor there, you never know if you are or are not ready until you step into the fire of a full on regualr season game.

I will same I think he will be ahead of some rookies based on his snaps in preseason and the fact that he is supposedly working tirelessly (according to Kolb), but for me it is wheter what he sees on the film translates to what he sees on the field, that is the key.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked Lindley at SDSU. I think the Cards got a steal taking him in the 6th and he's a better option than either Kolb or Skelton as far as long-term viability as a starter.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the question is if Skelton & Kolb both fail this season will we go forward with Lindley or draft/trade/sign a potential franchise QB? I don't think we would've taken him if we didn't think he could lead the franchise even though it was the 6th round. Unless we're picking #1 I doubt we draft a QB. Cut Kolb and let Skelton/Lindley battle it out but again, QB competitions limit reps and I hate that.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Bartel didn't get hurt Lindley wouldn't even of made the roster more then likely and now he is the future? I doubt it.
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
If Bartel didn't get hurt Lindley wouldn't even of made the roster more then likely and now he is the future? I doubt it.

Lindley would have been in no matter what, Bartel is the odd man out before the injury.

As far as being ready, I am not sure but heck Max Hall one a game.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
DDOCKETT90

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lindley would beat bartel!

matthouston91 made it!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: