Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC Players of week 1: QB RG3, CB Ronde Barber, K Walsh
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Guess that 63 yard FG wasn't enough for Akers.
Walsh hit a 55 yarder as time expired to put the game into OT and then hit a 38 yarder to win (plus two others). The 63 yarder was impressive, and a once in a lifetime thing, but the circumstances of Walsh's kicks make them more deserving for this type of award.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
ramblinbuc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Vikefan79 wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
Barber..future HOF is all I gota say

I dont think he is

How so...

I don't think he's an elite player. Just because you play a long time doesn't make you HOF worthy. Who knows though...Curtis Martin got in this year and I didn't think he was anything special.

If you say so, he already has HOF stats and is still not done playing, and to add to that, he is(as you can tell by this thread) is playing as good as anyone at his position at age 37...

28 sacks and 44 interceptions, I dont know of another corner in the 30/30 club which Ronde will probably make by the end of the season easily. Ok, actually I looked Rodney Harrison, and Ray Lewis, are the only other 2. Id say he is well on his way to the Hall. The Super Bowl ring does not hurt his cause either. Laughing

#iwastoldtherewouldbedefense #underthequotaformariota
ramblinbuc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, and this:

Barber is the active leader in defensive touchdowns scored (7 interception returns, 4 fumble returns). There are two players ahead of him on the all-time list for career defensive TDs: Darren Sharper (11 interception returns, 2 fumble returns) and Hall of Famer Rod Woodson (12 interception returns, 1 fumble return). Barber also has scored a touchdown on a blocked punt, a blocked field goal attempt, and a punt return. He has scored 14 total touchdowns in the regular season and 1 in the postseason.
He was voted onto the NFL 2000s All-Decade Team roster at the cornerback position. The full team was announced on January 31, 2010 during the pregame show for the 2010 Pro Bowl.[4]
On November 21, 2010 Ronde Barber became the only player in NFL history with at least 25 sacks (26 total) and 40 interceptions with a 210 win over the San Francisco 49ers.[5] His jersey and gloves from the game were subsequently retired to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton. Barber has recorded at least one sack for 14 consecutive seasons.

But yeah, I suppose he should not be in the Hall.... Rolling Eyes

#iwastoldtherewouldbedefense #underthequotaformariota
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he should make the HoF due to his accomplishments and my homer shades (mostly his accomplishments). Hopefully both hold true in the actual voting. The logjam at WR should help his cause, in my opinion.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 115 Tackles (14 for loss) | 2 PDs | 2 FFs | 1 FR
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramblinbuc wrote:
oh, and this:

Barber is the active leader in defensive touchdowns scored (7 interception returns, 4 fumble returns). There are two players ahead of him on the all-time list for career defensive TDs: Darren Sharper (11 interception returns, 2 fumble returns) and Hall of Famer Rod Woodson (12 interception returns, 1 fumble return). Barber also has scored a touchdown on a blocked punt, a blocked field goal attempt, and a punt return. He has scored 14 total touchdowns in the regular season and 1 in the postseason.
He was voted onto the NFL 2000s All-Decade Team roster at the cornerback position. The full team was announced on January 31, 2010 during the pregame show for the 2010 Pro Bowl.[4]
On November 21, 2010 Ronde Barber became the only player in NFL history with at least 25 sacks (26 total) and 40 interceptions with a 210 win over the San Francisco 49ers.[5] His jersey and gloves from the game were subsequently retired to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton. Barber has recorded at least one sack for 14 consecutive seasons.

But yeah, I suppose he should not be in the Hall.... Rolling Eyes

Like I said playing a long time in the NFL doesn't equal the HOF. There are plenty of players on the 2000's all decade team that are not HOF worthy so mentioning that he is on that list does not sway me. He's accumulated some nice numbers but there are players that were better than him that are still waiting to be voted in.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's the only CB with 25 sacks and 40 INTs.

Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:

Exactly, IDK what Vikefan79 is talking about, I heard better football logic from drunk people
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

Exactly, IDK what Vikefan79 is talking about, I heard better football logic from drunk people

The irony with this is I was drunk when I posted that. Laughing

WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barber is definitely a HoF player. He's the DB version of Curtis Martin. He may never have been the best CB in the league, but he was very good for a very long time.
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

I'm sure you have

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
WhackyPlague wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Stats for Barber?

DRC was magically can't believe he didn't win.

5 tackles (2 tackles for loss)
1 sack
1 interception (2 pass break ups)

Compared to DRC:
1 tackle
2 interceptions, 2 deflections

TFLs pushed Barber ahead, though both players had great games.

Not to knock DRC's great game, but Barber did it all. He had an impact against the run as well as against the pass.

Didn't get to see Barber's performance, but I watched DRC completely dominate the field last Sunday. He was the best player I saw on opening weekend, in my 4 game sampling (NYG/DAL, PHI/CLE, PIT/DEN, CIN/BAL).
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

Good for you. Now let's see what the writers think when it comes time to vote him in.
floppyflaps

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

I dont think he is

How so...

I don't think he's an elite player. Just because you play a long time doesn't make you HOF worthy. Who knows though...Curtis Martin got in this year and I didn't think he was anything special.

What defines elite player to you, the amount of time they get coverage on ESPN?

Barber was an elite player in the early 2000s. He had a season where he had 10 INTs, and was always great at tackling. He may not be an elite cover corner, but when you consider overall play he's an elite player. No corner in the history of the NFL can claim that they're as well rounded a player as Ronde Barber.

If he played in a big market, there wouldn't even be a question about it. Even now people have to bring up Tiki when talking about Ronde. Who gives a **** about Tiki, at this point, Tiki is the Marcus Vick of brothers. Irrelevant. Yet people still talk about him just because he played in a big market.
BladeKor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Ryan and Romo both outperformed RGIII - Shocking he won

I'd put Romo's and RG3's day at about equal. Romo had one more touchdown pass, but RG3 didn't have the turnover.

But Matt Ryan I agree with. Seriously - what does this kid need to do to get recognized? He had no turnovers and four total touchdowns against the Chiefs. He was robbed by rookie hype.

Laughing

Also I would've selected Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie over Ronde Barber, but both were pretty well deserving.

Rookie Hype will always prevail.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

floppyflaps wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

I dont think he is

How so...

What defines elite player to you, the amount of time they get coverage on ESPN?

Barber was an elite player in the early 2000s. He had a season where he had 10 INTs, and was always great at tackling. He may not be an elite cover corner, but when you consider overall play he's an elite player. No corner in the history of the NFL can claim that they're as well rounded a player as Ronde Barber.

If he played in a big market, there wouldn't even be a question about it. Even now people have to bring up Tiki when talking about Ronde. Who gives a **** about Tiki, at this point, Tiki is the Marcus Vick of brothers. Irrelevant. Yet people still talk about him just because he played in a big market.

Yes the it's all about the coverage ESPN gives them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: