Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pats G Logan Mankins played entire 2011 season with torn ACL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tom cody

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, talk about gutsy. That said the Patriots should have made him sit a few games to prevent further injury.
Grachuus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Neumatic wrote:
I commend his strong will and pain tolerance, but that doesn't mean I don't think it was stupid. How could he have been cleared to play by the medical staff after learning he had a torn ACL?

They didn't know. He had an MRI after the season that showed a torn ACL, and Mankins says that week 1 was the only time he hurt his knee.

Then the Patriots medical staff is by far the worst in the history of the NFL and people need to be fired! I'm sorry I don't buy it. Could he have partially torn his ACL at some point and played sure. Was that week one of the 2011 season, I doubt it. For all we know it happened in the SB and through pure adrenaline he just never knew. For a medical staff not to pick up on a ACL TEAR on a NFL player throughout a 19 gm season is absurd. Regardless of how tough Mankins is or isn't at some point the training or medical staff had to have provided some kind of treatment , medications, massages, etc, for a ailing/sore knee at some point No? For that to have not been picked up upon or noticed would be a joke. Hence why I call BS for a wk 1 tear!

Didn't realize we had a doctor in the house.

Mark Twain wrote:
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

QBvsDefensiveQuality
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grachuus wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Neumatic wrote:
I commend his strong will and pain tolerance, but that doesn't mean I don't think it was stupid. How could he have been cleared to play by the medical staff after learning he had a torn ACL?

They didn't know. He had an MRI after the season that showed a torn ACL, and Mankins says that week 1 was the only time he hurt his knee.

Then the Patriots medical staff is by far the worst in the history of the NFL and people need to be fired! I'm sorry I don't buy it. Could he have partially torn his ACL at some point and played sure. Was that week one of the 2011 season, I doubt it. For all we know it happened in the SB and through pure adrenaline he just never knew. For a medical staff not to pick up on a ACL TEAR on a NFL player throughout a 19 gm season is absurd. Regardless of how tough Mankins is or isn't at some point the training or medical staff had to have provided some kind of treatment , medications, massages, etc, for a ailing/sore knee at some point No? For that to have not been picked up upon or noticed would be a joke. Hence why I call BS for a wk 1 tear!

Didn't realize we had a doctor in the house.

Is that what Patriot players are saying these days in the locker room?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Neumatic wrote:

So you're basically crying "conspiracy" over an injury that you believed didn't happen because it wasn't discovered until later in the season ?? If that is true, you judge an entire medical staff based on what you "know" ?? I'm not sure you've ever actually played football.....

I wasn't going to, but I must...."ACL Gate" ??

Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Neumatic wrote:

So you're basically crying "conspiracy" over an injury that you believed didn't happen because it wasn't discovered until later in the season ?? If that is true, you judge an entire medical staff based on what you "know" ?? I'm not sure you've ever actually played football.....

Well aren't you grasping for straws. Since when did a cry conspiracy speak for yourself or re-read and actually comprehend the post. I'm suggesting the likely hood he sustain a ACL TEAR week one and it going undiagnosed and untreated for 19 weeks is extremely unlikely. How do you know it didn't occur during the the Broncos game where he supposedly tore his MCL but was allowed to play in the SB? Is that not a possibility?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Neumatic wrote:

Well aren't you grasping for straws. Since when did a cry conspiracy speak for yourself or re-read and actually comprehend the post. I'm suggesting the likely hood he sustain a ACL TEAR week one and it going undiagnosed and untreated for 19 weeks is extremely unlikely. How do you know it didn't occur during the the Broncos game where he supposedly tore his MCL but was allowed to play in the SB? Is that not a possibility?

Questioning my reading comprehension skills, really ?? Aren't moderators supposed to abide by the same rules as the rest of us ?? No personal attacks and keeping the discussion to football ?? Laughing

Hows it extremely unlikely ?? There's only one way to accurately diagnose a ligament tear and that's with an MRI. He hurt his knee during week 1 and the MRI wasn't done until after the Super Bowl. He expressed that he could still run on it so there was no need to have it done prior to the Super Bowl. It wasn't until after the game that he felt like something wasn't right. The fact that you're contesting the accuracy of this report doesn't make sense to me. Why does it matter to you ?? What possible motive would anyone have to lie/exaggerate the truth ??

scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
Does it specify whether it was partially torn or completely? Big Ben waits for the answer....
Partially, one would have to assume. A fully torn ACL would have him unable to walk.
that's not true at all. my sister has lived 4 years with a torn ACL and is just now getting surgery. you don't need it to walk.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Somefootballfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
Does it specify whether it was partially torn or completely? Big Ben waits for the answer....
Partially, one would have to assume. A fully torn ACL would have him unable to walk.
that's not true at all. my sister has lived 4 years with a torn ACL and is just now getting surgery. you don't need it to walk.

This is true, Hines Ward had a bike accident when he was little, and as a result, has no ACL in his left knee, yet had a long and physical career.

ACL is not important to walk, but it actually holds your knee together. There are other athletes who have done so also.
ACL essentially gives your knee balance and holds it together, you can live without it, but putting a heavy workload on the knee could cause major damage. It's surprising that an offensive lineman, who is himself very heavy, and pushing around 300 pound men, could go 6 months without collapsing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

Not true. I played 2 years of H.S. basketball on a completely torn ACL with the aid of a brace.

It can be done - my knee was quite structurally rigid yet despite no ACL.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Neumatic wrote:

I can buy this, sort of, at least. Wasn't Mankins playing on the one year tender at that point? If so, it makes complete sense for him to hide it in hopes of getting a long term deal. If he had already signed the long deal, it makes zero sense for either side to risk having him play. And if he was a liability, then it makes even less sense to have him blocking for a top QB making around $20 million a year. Brady, it should be recalled, did not play another down after injuring his ACL some years ago.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Neumatic wrote:

I can buy this, sort of, at least. Wasn't Mankins playing on the one year tender at that point? If so, it makes complete sense for him to hide it in hopes of getting a long term deal. If he had already signed the long deal, it makes zero sense for either side to risk having him play. And if he was a liability, then it makes even less sense to have him blocking for a top QB making around $20 million a year. Brady, it should be recalled, did not play another down after injuring his ACL some years ago.

This was after he received a 48 million dollar extension.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
neezy007

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeJuan Blair doesn't have any ACLs.

DeJuan Blair > Mankins.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: