Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens QB Joe Flacco named Offensive Player of the week
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Ravens QB Joe Flacco named Offensive Player of the week Reply with quote

Quote:
#Ravens QB Joe Flacco was named AFC Offensive Player of the week for week 1.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/245940479290638337
Tom Brady Tribute
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly he played well, but this is incredibly surprising. I was sure that Ryan, RG3, or even Tony Romo would've taken home these honors. I wonder what put Flacco ahead of the others.

... not that I'm complaining.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Honestly he played well, but this is incredibly surprising. I was sure that Ryan, RG3, or even Tony Romo would've taken home these honors. I wonder what put Flacco ahead of the others.

They all play in the NFC, Laughing.
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:

MNF

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

Yeah, i didn't have enough space to put "AFC" but this awards are giving to both the NFC and AFC separately.
Tom Brady Tribute
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

Wow I just read the title and didn't pay attention to the quote. I just saw that it said he was the player of the week...

But yeah, this makes more sense. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

Lol, that too. Saw the title of the thread and didn't bother to read the tweet.

In that case, Why no Sanchez? Why no Spiller?

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

Yeah, i didn't have enough space to put "AFC" but this awards are giving to both the NFC and AFC separately.

Yeah, gotcha. That was a complete reading comprehension FAIL on my part. Laughing

But yeah, in the AFC I can't say Flacco had much competition for this. Maybe Andre Johnson..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

Flacco easily trumped them both. Spiller produced in a losing effort plus his stats weren't as impressive. And Sanchez did well... but besides the additional touchdown, Sanchez was worse in every category. Flacco had a good 30 yards passing on him, 2% higher completions, a higher YPA, and was 5 points higher in QBR.

Plus the Ravens blowout win was by a greater margin, so Sanchez really has no case. I'd put Andre Johnson above Sanchez in terms of this award.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't watch the Jets game, but statistically it does seem like Sanchez has a case. One more TD but he had a pick, so it's close.

However, everyone did watch the Ravens' game since it was MNF and just watching the game it was evident that Flacco was carrying the team, and not just accumulating stats on the effort of others.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFC Player of The Week....

...Doesn't even make Kurt Warner's top 5 QB's of last week Rolling Eyes Laughing

Congrats to him. Well deserved!

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

Flacco easily trumped them both. Spiller produced in a losing effort plus his stats weren't as impressive. And Sanchez did well... but besides the additional touchdown, Sanchez was worse in every category. Flacco had a good 30 yards passing on him, 2% higher completions, a higher YPA, and was 5 points higher in QBR.

Plus the Ravens blowout win was by a greater margin, so Sanchez really has no case. I'd put Andre Johnson above Sanchez in terms of this award.

I don't think putting up those numbers, especially against the Jets rush D, in a losing effort should hurt Spiller.

I can agree with AJ, I just forgot to mention him. And I thought I saw on ESPN that sanchez had a higher QBR?

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

I don't think putting up those numbers, especially against the Jets rush D, in a losing effort should hurt Spiller.

I can agree with AJ, I just forgot to mention him. And I thought I saw on ESPN that sanchez had a higher QBR?

Sanchez had a higher ESPN QBR (97.1 vs 95.1 for Flacco), but Joe had a higher traditional passer rating (128.4 vs 123.4 for Sanchez). Seems that this is primarily driven by Joe's 2 additional throws and corrresponding 2 additional completions as their YPCs are nearly identical. Sanchez also had a pick, which hurts his care relative to Flacco's. Also, the Ravens offense as a whole was churning. Rice had 2 TD's from in close, so it's not like Flacco wasn't a factor in those drives as well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

Sanchez had a higher ESPN QBR (97.1 vs 95.1 for Flacco), but Joe had a higher traditional passer rating (128.4 vs 123.4 for Sanchez). Seems that this is primarily driven by Joe's 2 additional throws and corrresponding 2 additional completions as their YPCs are nearly identical. Sanchez also had a pick, which hurts his care relative to Flacco's. Also, the Ravens offense as a whole was churning. Rice had 2 TD's from in close, so it's not like Flacco wasn't a factor in those drives as well.

Why are we debating this, can't we as true Ravens fans be happy for our guy and move on from there. Let Joe have this one, Sanchez is going to fall apart anyway (TEBOW).
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlaccoForever wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

Why are we debating this, can't we as true Ravens fans be happy for our guy and move on from there. Let Joe have this one, Sanchez is going to fall apart anyway (TEBOW).

It's always fun to debate a little, and who's saying we're not happy for him?

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: