Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos CB Tracy Porter named defensive player of the week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Broncos CB Tracy Porter named defensive player of the week Reply with quote

Quote:
#Broncos CB Tracy Porter was named AFC Defensive player of the week for week 1.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/245885616896761856
Tom Brady Tribute
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a feeling we're going to be winning a lot of awards every week.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well deserved !!

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 tackles, 5 PBU, and game sealing pick 6? I'd hope so.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter was very imressive. He was up to the task of being Champs wingman. Seemed like he disrupted everything that came his way. Well deserved.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading an article on DenverPost.com about Porter, and I was surprised to read that he is only on a one year contract. What do you think the chances are that the Broncos try and lock him up for longer? He is only 26 years old. I thought for sure he was 30-31.

Link to Post article:
Denver Post

Denver Broncos - Detroit Tigers - Michigan Wolverines
JRebar913

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-High Marauder wrote:
I was reading an article on DenverPost.com about Porter, and I was surprised to read that he is only on a one year contract. What do you think the chances are that the Broncos try and lock him up for longer? He is only 26 years old. I thought for sure he was 30-31.

Link to Post article:
Denver Post

ive read that he has injury problems and they probably werent sure if he was going to be one of the saints players that would be part of the bounty suspensions. trust me if he proves he can be healthy he wont be leaving denver.
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
M-High Marauder wrote:

Link to Post article:
Denver Post

ive read that he has injury problems and they probably werent sure if he was going to be one of the saints players that would be part of the bounty suspensions. trust me if he proves he can be healthy he wont be leaving denver.

Would have thought the same about Bunkley last year. I doubt they'll talk contract during the season, but he's a guy we cant let walk.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he got a pretty healthy 1 year "prove it" deal. If he stays healthy and plays like he did in Week 1 then we are going to pay the price for not giving him a multi year deal in the offseason. Not saying we were wrong to give him a 1 year deal, but it goes to show that sometimes not signing a long term deal can benefit the player too.

MUFC OK
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
JRebar913 wrote:
M-High Marauder wrote:

Link to Post article:
Denver Post

Would have thought the same about Bunkley last year. I doubt they'll talk contract during the season, but he's a guy we cant let walk.

Honestly, I didn't think we would resign Bunkley to big numbers regardless. It's obvious that through the years, Denver has never viewed the DT position as one of utmost importance. Elway places a premium on CBs, so let's see how Porter plays through, say, Week 8 and then I think we'll have a gauge as to whether we lock him up long term.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
JRebar913 wrote:
M-High Marauder wrote:

Link to Post article:
Denver Post

Honestly, I didn't think we would resign Bunkley to big numbers regardless. It's obvious that through the years, Denver has never viewed the DT position as one of utmost importance. Elway places a premium on CBs, so let's see how Porter plays through, say, Week 8 and then I think we'll have a gauge as to whether we lock him up long term.

Big Money? You serious?

The same staff that signed Ty Warren to $4M a year didnt sign Broderick Bunkley to $5M a year.

Now if youre telling me Broderick Bunkley isnt worth the same money as Ty Warren then we have a problem. That was a very stupid decision to not resign Bunkley to the 5/$25M. He was worth it for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
The same staff that signed Ty Warren to $4M a year didnt sign Broderick Bunkley to $5M a year.

Now if youre telling me Broderick Bunkley isnt worth the same money as Ty Warren then we have a problem. That was a very stupid decision to not resign Bunkley to the 5/$25M. He was worth it for sure.

The thing is I actually think the staff saw Warren as an everydown Tackle and Bunkley as just a pure run defender. So because of that they probably reasoned they made the right move. Now I can accept that Bunkley wasn't worth re-signing, but never will I accept that the Ty Warren addition was a good one even in theory.

Maybe we can get Terrance Knighton one day since the Jaguars don't seem to value him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: