Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week 1 MNF Chargers at Raiders
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgoblue44

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Half thoughts:

- Thought Rivers played very well. Spreading the ball around to everyone, showing great touch on the deep ball and good awareness in the pocket.

- Running game is pretty much non-existent

- Thought the WRs played really well. Meachem and Floyd stretching the field, Royal and the RBs in the flats while Gates has been everywhere. Nice to see everyone getting involved.

- I think we all knew there would be some mistakes made by the O-line tonight, but I did not think there would be this few mistakes. The line overall has played good.

- Seems like getting to the QB is still an issue. Plenty of times in the backfield but no one is finishing the play.

- Thought the tackling was well on all three levels. But the D needs to get much lower when tackling McFadden, not an easy task by any means.

- When the secondary wasn't running soft zone coverage where the CBs were at least 8yds off the ball, I thought the DBs played good, and that includes Cason.

Hoping we can close out the game! 2nd half should be a good one
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the goal here is to let the Raiders overwork McFadden in this game so he breaks down for the rest of the season.
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would have though that Clary and Harris would be the best 2 players on the OL tonight?

I feel the pain for Oakland fans having to watch special teams basically throw a game away. 2010 was one of the toughest seasons as a fan.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonioGates wrote:
Who would have though that Clary and Harris would be the best 2 players on the OL tonight?

I feel the pain for Oakland fans having to watch special teams basically throw a game away. 2010 was one of the toughest seasons as a fan.

Clary was not good. Harris was fantastic.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game guys
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRESSURE!

Clary had a lot of misses, but nothing that got Rivers killed. I will call that improvement.

Harris looked pretty good. He didn't really get beat all night. In the second half they started sliding the TE's over to the right side.

Eddie Royal was the leading rusher, and that's a huge problem. The OL couldn't open up holes, and the RB's couldn't take advantage of it in the rare occasions they did.

Phillips is a stud. Johnson was solid. English was getting regular pressure. I'm excited about Ingram.

Butler can fly.

The DL looked pretty good. Reyes is going to be what we all hoped. Liuget looks like he's coming around. He's still disruptive, and looks like he's learning more.

Meachem made a couple of nice grabs. Floyd is the #1 WR, and Brown should be back about the time he goes down. We're going to see a lot of Royal, and it will be in a lot of different ways.

ST's were great. Goodman looks like a completely different returner. No huge returns, but he extended a couple where he would have gone down last year. He also made a couple of nice blocks on Punt returns.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Duffman57

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
AntonioGates wrote:

Clary was not good. Harris was fantastic.

Clary wasn't too bad. He had flashes of Horrible, but overall was alright.

The pressure came from the inside because plain and simple...Tommy Kelly and Richard Seymour are REALLY good inside penetraters. Thats one of the best DT sets out there, and Rolando McClain isn't half bad either, those three guys up the middle are very hard to deal with. We'll get a much easier task inside next week with Tenn, but i'm scared of our OT's vs. Wilmbley/Morgan and others, because they're more power to speed, explosive guys, rather than just more flat out power like Oak's guys were.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
kramxel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really loved our defense, last night!

If it wasn't for that dumb penalty by Ingram (guy has a flag magnet), we would have held the Raiders to 2 FGs...
That's freaking awesome!

Yes, their WRs are not exactly top level, but the way we contained McFadden in the 2nd half was really notewhorthy!
In that respect Pagano's early adjustments worked really well, and Ingram's FF was just at the right moment!

Offensevely, I liked how Rivers managed to slow down and make smart and safe decisions! With our D rolling, there was no need to force anything....

And still if Gates wasn't so iffy last night, it could have been even better.

Our run game was bad, but that was to be expected with our O-line lacking confidence, just by the sheer number of games played together, that will improve.

A note to Bisaccia and what he did in 2 years, it really shows the value of great coaching!
Perhaps an example to higher up the ladder...
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a very un-Chargers like win and I loved it. I think Rivers recognized pretty early on that he didn't need to make any Superman plays, he just had to keep the ball. I think the Raiders have a top 10 defense in the league and their safeties always play well vs us (especially Branch). These are the kind of hard fought division games that we have been dropping the last couple of years. It's nice to start off on the right track.

Now let's win the next one for Junior!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: