Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titus, screw your head on straight, man!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
I seriously don't think it matters in the slightest. CJ wears a distinctive dark visor, is that to draw attention to himself too?

Has nothing to do with fashion or making a statement. It is to keep defenders from following his eyes. I doubt a white sleeve detracts from the defender's attention.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Titus wore the single white sleeve last year against Kansas City. He wore two white sleeves and tall white socks last year against New Orleans. He wore tall white socks last year against Green Bay. I believe he wore black sleeves against San Diego and Carolina.

Nate Burleson often wears a single black sleeve. His maturity hasn't been questioned, and rightfully so.

When it comes to the uniform, players can make certain modifications. Titus is within his rights to do this, and I don't think the team minds in any way. His within-the-rules uniform modifications aren't anywhere close to his illegal on-field actions, in my opinion. I think it's fair to separate the two.

I think that's fair TL I just have a different view on the matter. I look at the whole package and I'm not impressed.

Don't get me wrong here: I prefer uniformity. I will only blame him for boneheaded decisions, though, and not opting to modify his uniform in a legal way.

If he gets that head pointed in the right direction, I think the rest will be tolerable.

Once again, that's the problem. Anyone else on the team and I don't care, but it's mr. Draw attention to myself on and off the field. He dosnt have his head in it. He continues to make dumb decisions and care more about himself than the team. So to run out with a distinct uniform and drawing more attention to his dumb decisions just sits wrong with me.

Now it's not on the level where I'm going to criticize Schwartz for it or freak out. I just don't agree with it.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
I seriously don't think it matters in the slightest. CJ wears a distinctive dark visor, is that to draw attention to himself too?

Has nothing to do with fashion or making a statement. It is to keep defenders from following his eyes. I doubt a white sleeve detracts from the defender's attention.

Well, it detracted from our attention.

I don't care what he wears as long as he's got a Honolulu blue jersey on.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
Euro_Lion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus Young needs to get a grip of things. It's not tolerable to continue on his undisciplined path. I hope Schwartz benches him against the 49ers and that he gets the message after that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus acts very insecure, IMO. Hes always quick to flex, which shows he's unsure of himself, and/or cares what others think.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
Titus acts very insecure, IMO. Hes always quick to flex, which shows he's unsure of himself, and/or cares what others think.

Most athletes do. They work out constantly, play a sport geared around attention and make millions of dollars. They want attention. (Most of them, at least.)

Team Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detroitroar wrote:

Most athletes do. They work out constantly, play a sport geared around attention and make millions of dollars. They want attention. (Most of them, at least.)

Never really looked at it that way, but I think you are correct. I always looked at it as most are too cocky for their own good, but upon further investigation those are the people usually insecure to some point craving attention. Good call IMO.
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys that are complaining about his uniform, what do you suppose we do? Force everyone to wear the same exact uniform, or make Titus an exception by telling him what he has to wear? I don't see you guys complaining about other players uniforms.

His on the field problems and wardrobe "problems" don't affect one another... the fact some of you are exacerbating his wardrobe choices because of his on-field issues is ridiculous.

In lieu of letting one of his issues turn a non-issue into an issue, we should take both situations as separate entities. If you do this, you would realize that his wardrobe is irrelevant as long as it remains inside the confines of the rules.

Cruz is one of best WR in the game

detfan782004 wrote:

(Eli) Manning has a new look offense and he has looked really good in it.

wut
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuhPLEX wrote:
You guys that are complaining about his uniform, what do you suppose we do? Force everyone to wear the same exact uniform, or make Titus an exception by telling him what he has to wear? I don't see you guys complaining about other players uniforms.

His on the field problems and wardrobe "problems" don't affect one another... the fact some of you are exacerbating his wardrobe choices because of his on-field issues is ridiculous.

In lieu of letting one of his issues turn a non-issue into an issue, we should take both situations as separate entities. If you do this, you would realize that his wardrobe is irrelevant as long as it remains inside the confines of the rules.

The wardrobe is only symbolic of a larger problem. I don't think anyone is saying we need to make TY specific wardrobe rules. And it is not a problem with others because they are not exhibiting the same type of negative behaviors TY has.
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:

The wardrobe is only symbolic of a larger problem. I don't think anyone is saying we need to make TY specific wardrobe rules. And it is not a problem with others because they are not exhibiting the same type of negative behaviors TY has.

That's my point, you're exacerbating his wardrobe choices because of his on-field problems.

His on-field problems are the only thing symbolic of a problem.

Cruz is one of best WR in the game

detfan782004 wrote:

(Eli) Manning has a new look offense and he has looked really good in it.

wut
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuhPLEX wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:

That's my point, you're exacerbating his wardrobe choices because of his on-field problems.

His need to stand out and draw attention to himself as an individual is part of a personality issue which also culminates in his wardrobe.

His wardrobe choice most definitely is symbolic of the larger problem.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuhPLEX wrote:

It's called a uniform for a reason!

I do think the two issues are related and his attitude is shown by his appearance. This is a guy that gets personal fouls, punches a team mate and even though disciplined doesn't get it. His entire persona seems to be look at me. His outbursts suggest players can't do that to me or I will retaliate. He is a member of a team yet behaves like an individual. Frankly he comes off as a prima donna.

Because we may disagree with your perspective hardly makes it ridiculous. Frankly others perceptions should be cause for thought not dismissal.

People's behavior can certainly be tied into their dress. I've seen numerous examples in the business world and I can tell you an individual's posture can even change based on apparel. There is a reason why a suit and tie is required in the business world and it isn't simply about respect.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuhPLEX wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:

Although I think you're right (if he wasn't making mental mistakes, his wardrobe likely wouldn't be a topic of conversation), their point is that his "me first" attitude seems to be reflected in his need to dress differently.

It's kind of like the character concerns and strip clubs: it's not illegal for professional football players to go to strip clubs. When Pacman Jones was having legal problems and seen at strip clubs, it made him being there look far worse. It's not wrong that Young is dressing differently, but it's not helping his image right now.

Team Stylish
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
SuhPLEX wrote:

Although I think you're right (if he wasn't making mental mistakes, his wardrobe likely wouldn't be a topic of conversation), their point is that his "me first" attitude seems to be reflected in his need to dress differently.

It's kind of like the character concerns and strip clubs: it's not illegal for professional football players to go to strip clubs. When Pacman Jones was having legal problems and seen at strip clubs, it made him being there look far worse. It's not wrong that Young is dressing differently, but it's not helping his image right now.

Well said. It's a character concern given the other issues. Shows me lack of maturity and growth.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're confusing overly passionate with selfish. The uniform... i dont even know what the problem was. Was it accessories? If it was... then who cares. Whatever makes him feel good.

I remember a quote from Dion Sanders... "You look good, you feel good. You feel good, you play good.... etc"

Point is, if being flashy with football accessories makes him feel good and gives him confidence, then so what. It clearly wasn't a uniform violation or the coaching staff wouldnt have let him play with it.

As for his attitude, to me he's clealry just overly passionate and not in control of his emotions. I wouldnt call that selfish or 'me first'. That's more psychological. His passion for football is second to none. Thats pretty clear. And when you're passionate over something as aggresive as football, there is a natural reaction to be aggressive when your emotions are getting out if control.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: