Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jacoby Ford scheduled for foot surgery
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Jacoby Ford scheduled for foot surgery Reply with quote

Quote:
Hopes of a quick return for Raiders wide receiver Jacoby Ford have been dashed once and for all.

Coach Dennis Allen announced Tuesday that Ford will have surgery on his injured foot that will keep him out for a “significant amount of time.” Ford has not practiced or played since the second preseason game, when he suffered another injury to the foot that kept him out of the final six games of the 2011 season.LINK

I'll miss Shilens . . .err Ford.
lilcrazycat1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Jacoby Ford scheduled for foot surgery Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Quote:
Hopes of a quick return for Raiders wide receiver Jacoby Ford have been dashed once and for all.

Coach Dennis Allen announced Tuesday that Ford will have surgery on his injured foot that will keep him out for a “significant amount of time.” Ford has not practiced or played since the second preseason game, when he suffered another injury to the foot that kept him out of the final six games of the 2011 season.LINK

I'll miss Shilens . . .err Ford.

let streater keep playing and get plax for the red zone
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two big injuries already with Bartell and Ford. For an already thin roster we can't afford these loses. In the grand scheme of things Bartell and Ford wouldn't even be that important but for us they are. Ford was one of the few players we had who could stretch the field.
blancanieve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should really consider bringing in T.O. and i just want to say Taiwan Jones is Trash as a player when is this guy gonna make a play
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blancanieve wrote:
I think we should really consider bringing in T.O. and i just want to say Taiwan Jones is Trash as a player when is this guy gonna make a play

Lay off Jones. The fumble was his fault (has to catch it) but the execution of the play was poor. He and Reece were to close on the exchange and Reece tossed it into his face. Both players are to blame IMO.

The fumbled opening kickoff was just a muffed catch, it happens.

Amazes me. Some of you act like these players need to be 100% perfect on every occasion or they are 'trash'. This is a young team with new faces top to bottom. There will be growing pains. This is not a playoff team. It's a rebuilding team top to bottom. Sooner some accept that, the sooner they can focus on the growth and stop acting like everything should be executed and performed w/ 100% precision and accuracy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ford is one of our deep threats

Lets look at the wideouts on our roster to see what our internal need is

Speed
DHB: Burner, more of an immediate route runner
Moore: Deep Threat but has been hurt off and on

Posession:
Streater
Criner
Hagen

I think we could look at add another player with speed, a poor mans version of Jacoby, speed and provide depth

Two guys who could fill this void

Deon Butler WR FA 4.4- speed smaller wideout
It was not like Vincent Deon Butler was hiding in the shadows during his four seasons at Penn State. He is just not the type that needs to be in the limelight in order to feel appreciated. Despite being considered the "sidekick" to more heralded prep star turned Nittany Lions teammate Derrick Williams, Butler went out and proved to be the more productive player, developing into Penn State's "go-to" guy on the way to capturing a pair of Big Ten Conference titles during his tenure at the university.

Breaking school records wasn't high on Butler's list of goals when he came to Penn State as a walk-on defensive back in 2004. Making the squad was. Trying to have an impact and get the Nittany Lions back on the winning track was.

Had 400 yards , 4 tds in 2010

or

WR Derrick Williams 26 in his prime
The highly-skilled Williams further solidified his status as one of the nation's most versatile and dynamic playmakers. He was one of just three players in the Joe Paterno era to gain more than 1,000 yards via kickoff returns in a career (1,095). He finished third in PSU annals with 161 receptions and fourth with 4,156 all-purpose yards. After hitting the trifecta as a sophomore and junior, scoring via receiving rushing and punt returns, Williams added a new scoring opportunity to that accomplishment by also returning two kickoffs for scores to go along with his four touchdown grabs, three rushing scores and one punt return for a touchdown in 2008.

At Eleanor Roosevelt High School, Williams fashioned a tremendous career. He was a consensus All-American and was named the Rivals.com and G&W Recruiting Report National Player of the-Year. An All-USA Today selection, he also was an All-Metro choice by the Washington Post. Parade Magazine honored him as an All-American all-purpose player. In 2004, he was the subject of a series of stories in the Washington Post on his senior season and recruitment.
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
blancanieve wrote:

Lay off Jones. The fumble was his fault (has to catch it) but the execution of the play was poor. He and Reece were to close on the exchange and Reece tossed it into his face. Both players are to blame IMO.

Amazes me. Some of you act like these players need to be 100% perfect on every occasion or they are 'trash'. This is a young team with new faces top to bottom. There will be growing pains. This is not a playoff team. It's a rebuilding team top to bottom. Sooner some accept that, the sooner they can focus on the growth and stop acting like everything should be executed and performed w/ 100% precision and accuracy.

It's the ADHD generation. Everything now and OMG!!1111!!!! if it doesn't happen straight away.
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blancanieve wrote:

lay off Jones Cool
uncraiders20

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
blancanieve wrote:

we have been a "rebuilding" team for the past 10 years. frustration grows because the raiders have such a loyal fan base and it takes a toll after 10 years of supposed rebuilding and getting back to the glory days.
blancanieve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uncraiders20 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
blancanieve wrote:

we have been a "rebuilding" team for the past 10 years. frustration grows because the raiders have such a loyal fan base and it takes a toll after 10 years of supposed rebuilding and getting back to the glory days.

Thank You all i'm saying i want to win nothing else and if that means bringing in T.O. for one year then lets do it and Taiwan Jones has not done anything so what he's young this is the NFL
SPaceGhost

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blancanieve wrote:
uncraiders20 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
blancanieve wrote:

Thank You all i'm saying i want to win nothing else and if that means bringing in T.O. for one year then lets do it and Taiwan Jones has not done anything so what he's young this is the NFL

You could always try handing the ball off to Jones instead of throwing it at his face from 3 feet... heard it works a lot better. One failed gimmick play and you're ready to throw our burner RB under the bus for an over-the-hill WR that can't even get on the Seahawks? I fail to see any logic here at all.

We haven't been 'rebuilding' the last ten years, we've been trying to do upgrades here and there... this is a rebuild because we now have new management, the whole structure has changed. We cleaned house, this is a reboot, old ideas out the door and players that don't meet expectations or expect more in their pocket than they deserve. Back in the 80's I always expected us to win, we always had a solid core and added players each year that only made us better. We don't have that solid core right now, but we're getting there, and when we do then we can up our expectations.
dmac505

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
blancanieve wrote:

It's the ADHD generation. Everything now and OMG!!1111!!!! if it doesn't happen straight away.

+1,
ill say it goes both ways and it drives me crazy... it seems like raider fans either think players are, incredible pro bowlers or trash

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders have a number of solid players Houston, Shaughnessy, etc. but I'm beginning to think that a few of the players that are considered cornerstones of the team are simply not that great. I'm not overreacting at week 1. My frustrations stem from being salary cap strapped. Rather than pull the bandaid off slowly I would rather Mckenzie yank it off and the Raiders begin anew as a relative expansion team, IF the Raiders prove noncompetitive.
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lay off Jones really? Opening kick the kid bobbles the ball. Reece pitched it high, but he should be able to bring the ball in. Don't make excuses for the kid.

Even if you Jones apologists still want to excuse him, how about the dummy jumping on the ball instead of running backwards 25 yards on a drive we had momentum.

We're in trouble again this year. McFadden can't do it all and showed in years past he is not good in a zone blocking scheme, especially one where his blockers suck.

Ford one of our most explosive players gone again. Bartell is out, so our think Defensive backfield just got a little thinner. Our guys showed they're still undisciplined and still know how to blow the game by giving the other team first downs and extra yards.

The biggest play that stood out to me was a 3rd and 9 Gates smokes Branch over the middle for a 20 yard gain. Inexcusable.

We better hope to go 6-10 because I think we finish the year at 4-12. We couldn't even beat the Chargers minus their starting left tackle and lead back. Their best receiving option is Gates and Bartell while healthy got smokes by meachum on a double move and Floyd because he never turned his head around.

I hope by week 10 they throw TP in there to see what we have for the future.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:

I hope by week 5 they throw TP in there to get the 1st pick of the draft.

FIFY!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: