Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Enough is enough and its time for a change! Unleash Pryor!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:
if we start off 0-5 then the Pryor chants will start

I love that show, so funny. Laughing

But if we don't start winning some one is going to pull the fire alarm. Twisted Evil

You really think Pryor is going to mask Greg Knapps play calling? lol I don't want Pryor exposed to the damage a Knapp created offense would do to a young QBs development.

Lol, Pryor at this point is a 1 1/2 read QB Laughing
He will look at 2 people and then take off, or we could run the triple option like i do in madden Laughing

I know Pryor can't throw very well and i get that. But neither could Michael Vick when he was in Atlanta and Knapp had success with that, they went to the playoffs on VIck's legs. Now a normal mobile QB can't survive on just his legs, but i think Pryor is a exceptional runner along the lines of Vick and it would at least open up the running game and one on one's in the passing game for big plays.

I don't want Pryor to play, but if the offense keeps stays non threatening and we lose a lot of games, getting him some playing time needs to be considered.

but i trust the management to make the right choice.

And did you hear that crowd booing? The fans in Oakland have very little patience for Carson's and the teams mistakes fair or not.
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:

But if we don't start winning some one is going to pull the fire alarm. Twisted Evil

You really think Pryor is going to mask Greg Knapps play calling? lol I don't want Pryor exposed to the damage a Knapp created offense would do to a young QBs development.

He will look at 2 people and then take off, or we could run the triple option like i do in madden Laughing

I know Pryor can't throw very well and i get that. But neither could Michael Vick when he was in Atlanta and Knapp had success with that, they went to the playoffs on VIck's legs. Now a normal mobile QB can't survive on just his legs, but i think Pryor is a exceptional runner along the lines of Vick and it would at least open up the running game and one on one's in the passing game for big plays.

I don't want Pryor to play, but if the offense keeps stays non threatening and we lose a lot of games, getting him some playing time needs to be considered.

And did you hear that crowd booing? The fans in Oakland have very little patience for Carson's and the teams mistakes fair or not.

Did Carson make that many mistakes though? Aside from that pass in the endzone that he under threw slightly, I think he did a fine job with the play calling and taking what was given to him. Sadly the offense was never trying to get too much until the end. That should be their mindset throughou the game and I think that what's we've all grown used to with Hue calling the offense over the last 2 seasons.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:

Did Carson make that many mistakes though? Aside from that pass in the endzone that he under threw slightly, I think he did a fine job with the play calling and taking what was given to him. Sadly the offense was never trying to get too much until the end. That should be their mindset throughou the game and I think that what's we've all grown used to with Hue calling the offense over the last 2 seasons.

No, Carson was serviceable, but a pocket QB needs to be more advanced than he is to have succes IMO. His audibles were lame, the hurry offense looked atrocious, his pocket presence was questionable, he stares down his receivers, he missed the lob in the endzone for a easy TD to Streater. These are things i expect from a veteran QB.

Regardless of the stats he is responsible for getting the team in scoring position, and we were 5/15 for 33% on third down. And in the same breath i believe we lost the game because of turnovers, offensive play calling and Special teams.

At this point Carson is 4-6 and needs to win us some games, he has a good D now and McFadden is healthy, time for production he's 32.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:

No, Carson was serviceable, but a pocket QB needs to be more advanced than he is to have succes IMO. His audibles were lame, the hurry offense looked atrocious, his pocket presence was questionable, he stares down his receivers, he missed the lob in the endzone for a easy TD to Streater. These are things i expect from a veteran QB.

Regardless of the stats he is responsible for getting the team in scoring position, and we were 5/15 for 33% on third down. And in the same breath i believe we lost the game because of turnovers, offensive play calling and Special teams.

At this point Carson is 4-6 and needs to win us some games, he has a good D now and McFadden is healthy, time for production he's 32.

Palmer wasnt great, but he had little to do with us losing that game. I blame Knapp for the reads more than Palmer. He missed Streater but what about the several deep throws his WRs dropped? He didnt get us into scoring position as much as we needed to, but when a WR drops a long, accurate throw and we have to punt its not on the QB. I didnt like the dink and dunk offense we saw most of the game but thats not all on Palmer. If our offense doesnt get better, itll be because of playcalling and offensive scheme or injuries, not because of QB play.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
silver_surfer wrote:

Palmer wasnt great, but he had little to do with us losing that game. I blame Knapp for the reads more than Palmer. He missed Streater but what about the several deep throws his WRs dropped? He didnt get us into scoring position as much as we needed to, but when a WR drops a long, accurate throw and we have to punt its not on the QB. I didnt like the dink and dunk offense we saw most of the game but thats not all on Palmer. If our offense doesnt get better, itll be because of playcalling and offensive scheme or injuries, not because of QB play.

deep throws? i didnt see a throw over 20 yrds untill garbage time.
cp was throwing behind wrs a lot yesterday. some leading to punts.
which wr was dropping easy accurate throws? you mean the streeter almost double catch in double coverage?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

which wr was dropping easy accurate throws? you mean the streeter almost double catch in double coverage?

Streater has to catch that pass. Hit him in the hands, twice.

DHB stopped on a deep route early that could've been a big play.

DHB also had a end zone pass he has to come up with. Hands on the ball.

Just a couple off the top of my head.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

-i guess i should expect streeter to catch that in double coverage?
-cp wanted dhb to break off the route and dhb ran the route he was supposed to. maybe it was a wr option route i dunno.
-is that the one where he was molested by the double coverage?

i wonder how maybe passes were thrown at wr's?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

-cp wanted dhb to break off the route and dhb ran the route he was supposed to. maybe it was a wr option route i dunno.

19 passes to WRs, 11 in the first half.
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

The only way Carson Palmer could have pleased you was if he didn't throw an incompletion on the night. You're making it sound like he was horrible. Obviously the game plan had a lot to do with where he was going with his passes. And he threw quite a few accurate passes down field when he did. Streater shouldn't even be playing as far as I'm concerned, yet he had 11 passes thrown his way.
dante9876

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

The only way Carson Palmer could have pleased you was if he didn't throw an incompletion on the night. You're making it sound like he was horrible. Obviously the game plan had a lot to do with where he was going with his passes. And he threw quite a few accurate passes down field when he did. Streater shouldn't even be playing as far as I'm concerned, yet he had 11 passes thrown his way.

He said Palmer was fine last night. Palmer wasnt great or even that good like some of you are saying. He was inaccurate on plenty of throws between 10 and 20 yards. People like to point to a drop here or there, and the ones be pointing out would have been darn good catches. Not like they was horrible drops, except on of Streater's. But lets not act like Palmer played like a top ten QB or something. He was slightly above average. The first two drives he was good after that he was ok.

But I blame Knapp for a lot of that last night.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

how many were thrown at rb's and te's

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
dante9876

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Raidin wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

how many were thrown at rb's and te's

Real question how many passes caught pass 10 yards.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbh, I thought Palmer played pretty great last night. I only saw one throw where I was thinking "Here we go again". That one to the endzone to Hagan that someone got a piece of.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Tbh, I thought Palmer played pretty great last night. I only saw one throw where I was thinking "Here we go again". That one to the endzone to Hagan that someone got a piece of.

That was a helluva play by Bigby, did you see the jump and extension he got on that? Palmer made a good throw, Bigby made an excellent play.

And all this 'Palmer sucks' talk is ludicrous. Anyone else notice the ZERO INTs? Uh oh, better not mention that, might make Palmer look good. Had a pretty good completion rate too when he wasn't getting mugged by Philips because Barnes couldn't move his fat @$$ off the line. That route by DHB? C'mon, Cough... he pulled up, we all saw it in the game! Run the route you're supposed to, there was no reason to stop.

Is Palmer perfect? Not by a longshot, and no one is saying he is. But to try and villify or even demonize Palmer is the height ludicrousness. First its recklessness and interceptions, then its conservativeness and no production... can anyone say CATCH-22? And if anyone here thought we might not have to wait a few games for this team to gel then you obviously haven't noticed we have new coaches and new/rookie players. Doesn't take a PhD in footballogy to figure out we might lose a few games early on before we get on track as a team (offensively/defensively).
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPaceGhost wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

That was a helluva play by Bigby, did you see the jump and extension he got on that? Palmer made a good throw, Bigby made an excellent play.

And all this 'Palmer sucks' talk is ludicrous. Anyone else notice the ZERO INTs? Uh oh, better not mention that, might make Palmer look good. Had a pretty good completion rate too when he wasn't getting mugged by Philips because Barnes couldn't move his fat @$$ off the line. That route by DHB? C'mon, Cough... he pulled up, we all saw it in the game! Run the route you're supposed to, there was no reason to stop.

Is Palmer perfect? Not by a longshot, and no one is saying he is. But to try and villify or even demonize Palmer is the height ludicrousness. First its recklessness and interceptions, then its conservativeness and no production... can anyone say CATCH-22? And if anyone here thought we might not have to wait a few games for this team to gel then you obviously haven't noticed we have new coaches and new/rookie players. Doesn't take a PhD in footballogy to figure out we might lose a few games early on before we get on track as a team (offensively/defensively).

pulled up?
that pass was a good 5-10 yrds ahead of dhb.
honestly i dont know what happened on that pass?

i never once said palmers sucked last night nor did i try to demonize him lol calm down homie lol "demonize"? really?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: