Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame (Junior)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame (Junior) Reply with quote

Louis Nix
Position : DT
College : Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Class : Junior
Height : 6'-3"
Weight : 326 lbs.
40 yard dash : 5.17 (estimated)

Louis Nix Notre Dame Fighting Irish Louis Nix Bio

Quote:
2012 Statistics (through 2 games)
Solo tackles : 2
Assisted tackles : 5
Tackles for loss : 3
Tackles for loss yardage : 8
Sacks : 1.5
Sack loss yardage : 6
Passes broken up : 2

2012 Statistics
Solo tackles : 12
Assisted tackles : 33
Total tackles : 45
Tackles for loss : 4.5
Tackles for loss yardage : 9
Sacks : 0.5
Sack loss yardage : 1
Passes broken up : 1

Quote:
07/09/12 - Top-five Notre Dame prospects for the 2013 NFL Draft: 5. DT Louis Nix (6-3, 325)...Despite almost leaving the program (several times), Nix shot down rumors that he would be transferring from South Bend and appears rededicated to Notre Dame. The Florida-native comes from a tough background and is a long way from home, but the 325-pounder has a bright football future if he stays dedicated to the game. Nix was highly recruited out of high school and chose Notre Dame over several in-state programs, including Florida, Florida State and Miami (FL). After redshirting in 2010, he started 11 games last season as a first-year player at the nose guard position, anchoring the middle of the Irish's three-man front. Nix finished with 45 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss and a half sack. Although just a redshirt sophomore, Nix is built like a full-grown man with a large frame and strong muscle definition throughout his body. He has nimble feet with the lateral quickness to explode in any direction and chase down the action in pursuit. He plays hard with a feisty motor and the emergence of back-up Kona Schwenke should allow Nix to stay fresh late in games. Nix has struggled with the pressure and expectations of playing for a high-profile program away from home, but he flashes a rare skill-set for a player his size and strength. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com.

Louis Nix NFLDraftscout Player Profile

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.

Last edited by nicfre2011 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your thoughts on Notre Dame junior defensive tackle Louis Nix? Ohio State junior Johnathan Hankins gets alot of publicity as one of the top rated draft eligible interior defensive linemen for the 2013 draft and I think Purdue senior Kawann Short is fairly underrated (I really liked him last year and was hoping he would declare), but where do you think Nix could end up ranking among the draft eligble interior line prospects? Do you think provided he is able to have a strong junior season that he could declare for the 2013 NFL draft?

He doesn't appear to be limited as a space-eating nose tackle but also has some ability to pressure the pocket from the interior - which is a definite plus.

Last edited by nicfre2011 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irish Chocolate is a beast. He gets a great rush inside and is pretty damn agile. Good run stopper for sure. Probably won't come out this year though. We'll see.

^Stone85 on the sig^
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
What are your thoughts on Notre Dame junior defensive tackle Louis Nix? Ohio State junior Johnathan Hankins gets alot of publicity as one of the top rated draft eligible interior defensive linemen for the 2013 draft and I think Purdue senior is fairly underrated (I really liked him last year and was hoping he would declare), but where do you think Nix could end up ranking among the draft eligble interior line prospects? Do you think provided he is able to have a strong junior season that he could declare for the 2013 NFL draft?

He doesn't appear to be limited as a space-eating nose tackle but also has some ability to pressure the pocket from the interior - which is a definite plus.

Kawann Short, as far as Nix, he as always caught my eye in watching Te'o. He looks like a young Raji
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
What are your thoughts on Notre Dame junior defensive tackle Louis Nix? Ohio State junior Johnathan Hankins gets alot of publicity as one of the top rated draft eligible interior defensive linemen for the 2013 draft and I think Purdue senior is fairly underrated (I really liked him last year and was hoping he would declare), but where do you think Nix could end up ranking among the draft eligble interior line prospects? Do you think provided he is able to have a strong junior season that he could declare for the 2013 NFL draft?

Kawann Short, as far as Nix, he as always caught my eye in watching Te'o. He looks like a young Raji

Good catch, not sure why I forgot to include his name. I really like Short alot and I think between Nix and Short, they could be the top defensive tackles. Hankins has alot of potential, but I am not sure he is at the level of Nix and Short at this point.

MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

Good catch, not sure why I forgot to include his name. I really like Short alot and I think between Nix and Short, they could be the top defensive tackles. Hankins has alot of potential, but I am not sure he is at the level of Nix and Short at this point.

I agree as far as Short and Nix, but I still feel Hankins is at or near the top because of his ability to dominate, he has a great motor, and the ability to defeat double teams constantly. Also watching both games, they spread the offense out and played fast break offense, which doesn't exactly play to Hankins's strength...
TheGoldenChild

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a redshirt sophomore eligibility wise, so he could be playing at Notre Dame through 2014 if he wants to.

Kid's potential is through the roof, he just needs to work on technique and consistency. But damn, is he good when he's on.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGoldenChild wrote:
He's a redshirt sophomore eligibility wise, so he could be playing at Notre Dame through 2014 if he wants to.

Kid's potential is through the roof, he just needs to work on technique and consistency. But damn, is he good when he's on.

What do you make of the comments in the NFLDraftscout.com profile about his apparent consideration for leaving Notre Dame from what I guess could be termed homesickness?

It's hard to make any determinations from that, but I am wondering if anyone would knock him with questions of motivation, dedication, etc.? Based on your screen name, do you know anything about his personality? I am wondering if there could be any questions about how he would adjust to the NFL life if he had some issues with being at Notre Dame for whatever reason. Just wondering.

MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGoldenChild wrote:

I actually though he has decent technique, the games I saw, he had good hand placement, did a good job of getting off blocks, and utilized rips and clubs...
TheGoldenChild

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
TheGoldenChild wrote:

What do you make of the comments in the NFLDraftscout.com profile about his apparent consideration for leaving Notre Dame from what I guess could be termed homesickness?

It's hard to make any determinations from that, but I am wondering if anyone would knock him with questions of motivation, dedication, etc.? Based on your screen name, do you know anything about his personality? I am wondering if there could be any questions about how he would adjust to the NFL life if he had some issues with being at Notre Dame for whatever reason. Just wondering.

Kelly had openly questioned his dedication and consistency. That, combined with Aaron Lynch leaving, caused the homesickness.

That issue has been cleared up and he's gotten off to a good start this year.
speed24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to his youtube page. Pretty funny stuff

http://www.youtube.com/user/LULUJUNGLECITY/videos?view=0
coors

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

such a fat guy wearing #9 looks funny to me

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's been overshadowed by Te'o but he has been utterly unblockable this year. Could be the #1 DT next year.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGoldenChild wrote:
He's been overshadowed by Te'o but he has been utterly unblockable this year. Could be the #1 DT next year.

Do you think there is a chance he could end up declaring early?

TheGoldenChild

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
TheGoldenChild wrote:

Do you think there is a chance he could end up declaring early?

There always is, but I think he's going to stay and get his ND degree.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: