Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Minnesota Vikings 1PM E.T.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I must say, I didnt know a heck of a lot about Eugene Monroe going into this game. Perhaps he never has quite established himself, but he had a heck of a game against Jared Allen. Allen usually dominates in front of the home crowd on the fast turf. His number was barely called. If Monroe can stay healthy and keep this up, he has great potential. Though he will probably never be recognized as elite since he will always be stuck competing with Joe Thomas, Jake Long and Michael Roos for recognition in the AFC.
I had him as a borderline top 10 LT coming into this year, and I think he will push himself up that list this season. He's going to have a hard time getting recognition for the reasons you listed and because he's in Jacksonville. The curse of being a small market team.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
I must say, I didnt know a heck of a lot about Eugene Monroe going into this game. Perhaps he never has quite established himself, but he had a heck of a game against Jared Allen. Allen usually dominates in front of the home crowd on the fast turf. His number was barely called. If Monroe can stay healthy and keep this up, he has great potential. Though he will probably never be recognized as elite since he will always be stuck competing with Joe Thomas, Jake Long and Michael Roos for recognition in the AFC.
I had him as a borderline top 10 LT coming into this year, and I think he will push himself up that list this season. He's going to have a hard time getting recognition for the reasons you listed and because he's in Jacksonville. The curse of being a small market team.

Yea, he definitely had a great game. Time for Houston and Barwin/Watt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
I don't know what you guys are watching. Posluszny is a terrible Middle Linebacker and an even worse subpackpage player. He overpursues and guesses wrong often, he's not physical when confronted with blockers, he can't cover to make up for it either. The guy is just a typical overrated MLB whose around a lot of plays but doesn't make many meaningful ones. He is awful. Daryl Smith when he's healthy is a good player and Russell Allen is a nice backup but the rest of the Linebackers are complete garbage. Seeing Terrence Knighton blow through a double team, make contact with a running back and have his tackle broken(for once) at the last second only for there to be not a soul to finish up the play is indicative of how limited in range and pursuit the Jaguars overpaid group of Linebackers are.

Tyson Alualu is a total bum. The guy falls down on half the plays he's in, doesn't generate much pressure, doesn't bat balls down. The Jaguars have three good Defensive Tackles including Mosley, a guy with more range who doesn't give up on plays, Terrence Knighton a monster who battles through double teams and tackles well for a guy his size, and Smith who has some explosion off the ball and size, and a guy in Mincey who can play inside on passing downs yet they're stuck on this softy scrub.

Seriously if the Jaguars just benched Alualu and didn't use POS as an everydown player they would solve most of their problems on defense after Smith and Cox get healthy.

Poz isn't good in coverage but I wouldn't say he's terrible at it. Usually he is stout against the run so the game against the Vikes wasn't usual(although that might also be because of D. Smith being out).

I did notice on one of Peterson's big runs, up the middle, Alualu got pushed around and was on his butt when Peterson ran through a huge hole on his way to a 10+ yard run. ESPN had a stat that said 71 of Peterson's rushing yards was up the gut and it looked that way during the game. They definitely have to do better against the run the rest of the season.

I feel like Alualu is being played out of position a little bit and would do better at LDE, but the Jags don't have the DTs to be able to move him outside.

Aaron Ross worries me the most. He looked like garbage and I think the Texans(and other competent passing games) could pick on him all day even if he is just the NB.

The run D should bounce back against the Texans, though. Foster barely got 3 ypc playing the dolphins, Tate did even worse. With the Texans being on the road this week I definitely won't assume they'll be more efficient rushing this week. The Jags should be able to clamp down of their rushing attack and mostly only have to worry about Schaub, Johnson, and Daniels.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the health of our defense will be very telling with how this game goes or at least how well the D plays, if we are healthy would should do okay, if not its gonna be a long one

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone who has access to the All-22 videos from game rewind could do a writeup for this game and other Jags games with pictures, I would love them forever. It'd be really awesome if anyone could do that though.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
If someone who has access to the All-22 videos from game rewind could do a writeup for this game and other Jags games with pictures, I would love them forever. It'd be really awesome if anyone could do that though.
I don't have it right now, but I should be getting it in a month, and I'll start doing break downs then.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Bad meets Evil

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:

I want to write some stuff up but, school/work keeps getting in the way.

Credit to IPwn for da sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38
Page 38 of 38

Jump to: