Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Week 1 GDT: Indianapolis Colts @ Chicago Bears 12:00PM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will you be focusing on most this game?
Kellen Davis / Use of TEs Adams/Rodriguez
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Health of Players (Urlacher/Conte)
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Play of Rookies (Jeffery)
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Offensive Line
33%
 33%  [ 9 ]
Offensive Playcalling
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
FANTASY PLAYERS!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 27

Author Message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7846
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'mmmmmmmm sooooooooo boooooooooooored
One of the benefits of going to the game is that it takes up a couple of hours getting to the stadium.

Hope you are out of the horsepital, my friend.
Al, are you ready to jump on the "Alshon is better than Knox" bandwagon my friend? You got to see him up close and personal yesterday.
I had been drooling over AJ for the last three yrs. and believed it was a dream come true when we drafted him. He is everything I said he would be and will only get better. I was not counting on him having a player-coach like Marshall alongside him to accelerate that progress. If Knox can return I think we are going to see him improve measurably with Marshall there, too.

If the old speed comes back, we will have the best WR corp in the NFL.

All I can say about Alshon is "Wow"!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1_two_3_forte


Joined: 17 Oct 2010
Posts: 1490
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:


Beautiful pass


Dude, you know what I love about Cutler?

His arm is SO freaking amazing - that the insanity of the difficulty of that throw, is an afterthought...and overlooked because we are used to his arm. Ain't that something?

Even I overlooked it. When he threw it, I jumped for joy and gave a Shocked .
But looking back at the throw....and looking at the difficulty at it...

that was a 60 yard throw. Sixty! Same motion. No extra uumph in the throw. He generates so much power when he whips that thing. He made it look freaking effortless. His arm, is absurd!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7846
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1_two_3_forte wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:


Beautiful pass


Dude, you know what I love about Cutler?

His arm is SO freaking amazing - that the insanity of the difficulty of that throw, is an afterthought...and overlooked because we are used to his arm. Ain't that something?

Even I overlooked it. When he threw it, I jumped for joy and gave a Shocked .
But looking back at the throw....and looking at the difficulty at it...

that was a 60 yard throw. Sixty! Same motion. No extra uumph in the throw. He generates so much power when he whips that thing. He made it look freaking effortless. His arm, is absurd!
His arm is as good as any I have ever seen. Favre, you name it, anyone. I would say that was 65 yds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22247
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
1_two_3_forte wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:


Beautiful pass


Dude, you know what I love about Cutler?

His arm is SO freaking amazing - that the insanity of the difficulty of that throw, is an afterthought...and overlooked because we are used to his arm. Ain't that something?

Even I overlooked it. When he threw it, I jumped for joy and gave a Shocked .
But looking back at the throw....and looking at the difficulty at it...

that was a 60 yard throw. Sixty! Same motion. No extra uumph in the throw. He generates so much power when he whips that thing. He made it look freaking effortless. His arm, is absurd!
His arm is as good as any I have ever seen. Favre, you name it, anyone.


Forget Favre…I think it was Dan Dierdorf who said during the game that when Denver was drafting Cutler he sat down with Mike Shanahan and asked that if John Elway’s arm was a 10.0 what was Jay Cutler’s?...Shanahan replied “10.1”.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22247
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via Biggs...

Quote:
#Bears list CB Charles Tillman with shin injury. He was hurt on punt return when he collided with other players.

_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22247
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via Jensen...

Quote:
#Bears QB Jay Cutler said on @ESPN1000 that he audibled 50-60 percent Sun. But, Mike Tice "dialed up the touchdown to Alshon. Perfect call."

_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 18571
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's wrap this one up, we have the Packers in just 3 days.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7114
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anybody else hit the "replay" button on their DVR yesterday when CBS showed the over-the-shoulder slow-motion replay of Andrew Luck turning around to see Julius Peppers barreling down on him? Definitely a "welcome to the NFL, kid" moment. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22247
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via Jensen...

Quote:
If the Bears can just clean up their act, their offense can be even better. Of their 5 drives without a negative play, they scored 4 TDs and punted once. Of their 7 drives with a negative play, they scored one TD, two field goals and punted four times


Penalties are something that usually plague the league early in the season…it’s very encouraging to see what can be possible if we clear those problems up.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10647
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Let's wrap this one up, we have the Packers in just 3 days.

I started the new one. Not so pretty but I did use the bear gif. Cool

Tyty, if you wanna PM me a fancier OP for this week's GDT I will edit it.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22247
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Pinky wrote:
MadMike90 - i'd like to read your breakdown of the o-line, if you're planning on writing one. Including E-Rod if possible, i liked what i saw in glimpses but i wasnt playing close attention to him.


This year I’m going to change it up and do a weekly breakdown of the Dline rather than the Oline…well I say weekly but I will have to wait on the NFL lifting the blackout on the game lol.

When does the blackout come off? Started writing a Bears blog so need to rewatch it!


6 days after the game is screened.

Ouch. Thought it would be a day or two lol, will have to go off memory.


They must have changed the rules this year…or have it up earlier because of the shortened week but the blackout has been lifted.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RidiculousJames


Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Posts: 1700
Location: Cheshire, England
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Pinky wrote:
MadMike90 - i'd like to read your breakdown of the o-line, if you're planning on writing one. Including E-Rod if possible, i liked what i saw in glimpses but i wasnt playing close attention to him.


This year I’m going to change it up and do a weekly breakdown of the Dline rather than the Oline…well I say weekly but I will have to wait on the NFL lifting the blackout on the game lol.

When does the blackout come off? Started writing a Bears blog so need to rewatch it!


6 days after the game is screened.

Ouch. Thought it would be a day or two lol, will have to go off memory.


They must have changed the rules this year…or have it up earlier because of the shortened week but the blackout has been lifted.

Yeah noticed they lifted it about an hour after I wrote my Game Review, sod's law Laughing
_________________
2013 Adopt-a-Bear: LB #50 James Anderson
Tackles: 103 || Sacks: 4.0 || Forced Fumbles: 0 || Fumble Recoveries: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsaddict


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 3544
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
I also totally agree with whoever said we go prevent WAY too soon. Drives me insane.
Yeah it drives people insane, but that's what we do. Today was almost a textbook showing of our defensive philosophy, and why Ron Rivera was not brought back after the SuperBowl. We are going to make you one dimensional, b/c you simply will not have success running the football against you. Once we make you one dimensional we're going to allow our front 4 to pin their ears back and force you to make mistakes. Once we force you to make mistakes we're going to take the ball away. The Colts O scored only 14 points today, and that was w/ 54 sitting nearly the entire second half. AND NOW once we take the ball away and give it back to our O, our O is going to make you pay.
There was no reason for us to play prevent at the end of the 1st half. I'm not talking about the end of the game.
_________________
Here's to hoping Emery is NOTHING like Angelo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35
Page 35 of 35

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group