Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens vs Bengals GDT: Let's Win One for Art
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which second year receiver will have the bigger game?
Torrey Smith
91%
 91%  [ 22 ]
A.J. Green
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
LaQuan Williams
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tandon Doss
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 24

ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thompson showing some life outside of kick returns.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I'm pretty sure Rice gave me a win in the fantasy league over drd Very Happy

Edit: Unless my YahooFF app is wrong, which it could be, I've lost by .02pts. PUT IN RICE FOR A 3 YARD RUN!!!!

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

MCgamer89

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall I'd say tonight was a HUGE win for the Ravens. The offense looked amazing, Flacco was on point and the Ravens still ran the ball effectivly, just didn't run as often, but that made play action very effective. The defense showed it can play without Suggs and get pressure on the QB, 4 total sacks, plus Ed Reed is still a beast. The bengals aren't a scrub team either, so I'm very pleased with the results from this one. GREAT WIN and 1-0! Only team in the division with a win in week 1, lol.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in absolute awe right now. I couldn't be happier. The offensive line protected, Flacco balled out, Ray Rice balled out, our tight ends were amazing, and our defense DID IT'S JOB despite not having Suggs.

And how about that kicker, huh? Cool Cool Cool

This is the most confident I've been in the Ravens, ever.
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I am in absolute awe right now. I couldn't be happier. The offensive line protected, Flacco balled out, Ray Rice balled out, our tight ends were amazing, and our defense DID IT'S JOB despite not having Suggs.

Until next week, when we don't blow Philly out. Then you'll be claiming we won't make the playoffs.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Until next week, when we don't blow Philly out. Then you'll be claiming we won't make the playoffs.

Nah, although I will admit my emotions/observations do change week to week, I don't think they'll change that much.

If our offense can continue to play at a fast pace and keep mixing things up and making things easy for our defense we should be fine.

One area of concern, if there is any, is our short yardage/rush defense. We got kind of gashed tonight while the game was still close, but I think we will be able to patch that up as the season progresses.
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to the Philly game! Anyone here going to join me? Very Happy

Can't wait, son! I'm 1-0 on the road with the Ravens!

(Ravens @ Jets 2010 Metlife Opener MNF) HELL YEAH FAM! Gotta go 2-0!!

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who else was shocked with how good Jacoby Jones looked? Having a WR3 who actually threatens defenses could mean all the difference if he can build off of tonight. Pitta put aside any lingering questions about who the best tight end on this roster is. Joe trusts him, and for good reason. Dennis Heap won't be stopped.

Not much to say about Joe that hasn't already been said. The guy looked incredible. 4 throws in particular will get a lot of love, and for good reason. The two touchdown throws + the bomb to Torrey were all made with defenders barreling into Flacco, and he simply took those shots while delivering throws into probably the only places where his receivers could have gotten the ball away from what was actually pretty solid coverage. The throw to Boldin in particular was simply unreal, the definition of a perfect throw. That Boldin probably didn't catch that cleanly becomes less of a deal now that we completely blew the Bengals out. The back shoulder throw to Jacoby Jones also made me jump out of my seat at the bar when I saw the replay and saw just how Joe fit that in. Almost every other quarterback in the league gets that picked off. And for sure, it's a risky throw. But that's why arm strength matters, no matter how many times people say, "LOL JaMarcus Russell!." Joe's got the arm and now he's ready to unleash it, and that excites me.

The defense clearly has a lot to work on but there's also signs of encouragement too. The pass rush really stepped up in the 2nd half and we got to see the kind of benefit a defense can get from playing with an offense that will force opponents into one-dimensional football. Pees made some good adjustments in the 2nd half. Webb, Ngata, and McPhee all looked fantastic. Reed, Pollard, and Lewis all had pretty solid games as well. Cary Williams and Jimmy Smith are both going to need to improve on their efforts tonight to tighten up the weak spot in our secondary. Tackling needs to be stronger all around.

Last but not least, congratulations to Ed Reed for breaking the INT yardage record. The fact that we're almost not excited about it because of how standard the Ed Reed pick-six has become is probably the best compliment we can give.

Of course, all of this is tempered by my recognition that we were equally stoked after blowing the Steelers out in Week 1 last year. If Cam keeps the keys with Joe, then this could be a really fun year for us. So far, all we've done though is match our blowout of PIT in the opening week. The new test is not matching our dud from the Wk 2 Tennessee loss last year. The Ravens have lifted their own bar, now it's time to go out and back that up next week in Philly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:

Of course, all of this is tempered by my recognition that we were equally stoked after blowing the Steelers out in Week 1 last year. If Cam keeps the keys with Joe, then this could be a really fun year for us. So far, all we've done though is match our blowout of PIT in the opening week. The new test is not matching our dud from the Wk 2 Tennessee loss last year. The Ravens have lifted their own bar, now it's time to go out and back that up next week in Philly.

Should that really temper it? It really was a sign of things to come, at least to an extent. We also dominated pretty thoroughly for several weeks after the Titans aberration.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

Should that really temper it? It really was a sign of things to come, at least to an extent. We also dominated pretty thoroughly for several weeks after the Titans aberration.

Yes, it should. This isn't last season and we don't have that schedule. The NFCE will be a very difficult division to match up with. And we're playing a whole lot of highly talented QB options this season. We need to win all of our "most winnable" games and particularly this upcoming game will be important because the Eagles will be a common opponent just in case we see ourselves in a tie at the end of the season.

The above said, I don't see this like the Steelers. The Steelers was a huge emotional win for us. We had finally beat Big Ben user the Flacco era. Some of their players didn't even acknowledge us as rivals and they disrespected Joe saying we would never win a Superbowl with him. Plus it'snthe biggest rivalry in football. So that win was monumental. This one is nice and all but I don't think it's quite the emotional victory. So I worry much less about the team putting too much stock into this performance...

Plus this is Harbaugh going up against his mentor. I'm sure the players will be playing hard for him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRATS GUYS! Very Happy 1-0
drd23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got a chance to watch the game (night games are in the middle of the day here Sad) and wow, what a performance!

Flacco really looks at home in this up-tempo offense and he really impressed. He made some really nice throws tonight that only elite QBs can make - that throw down the sideline to Jones was incredible.

The defense was pretty good, especially in the 2nd half, but there is definitely room for improvement. I still have my concerns about the pass rush, but if Ngata can keep being disruptive, it will go a long way towards helping to fill in the gap that Suggs's injury has left in that department.

Ed Reed is amazing. He was one of the main reasons I decided to become a Ravens fan and the fact that he has broken the INT return yardage record makes me really happy. Hopefully his injury isn't too bad because I don't know how long I could put up with our back-ups starting for.

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

I would argue that aside from the game against the Pop not-Kurt Warner Rams, we never really 'dominated' again like Week 1 last season. The Jets game was a blowout despite Joe Flacco being on crack, the Houston game I suppose we could call a qualified domination, but again it was coming off a bye week and we failed to establish that we could do that sort of thing every week. After the Jacksonville game we pretty much reverted to our more archaic power-running sort of attack, except when circumstances dictated we couldn't, like the 2nd half of the Arizona game.

The defense continued to produce but for the most part our offense reverted to being a ball-control, conservative unit. Doesn't mean we weren't a good team, but Week 1 last year the offense looked explosive. Not quite as dynamic and as much a paradigm-shift as the no-huddle sugar-high Ravens attack from last night, but we still made a big statement and then immediately tripped over ourselves when people started really anointing us. And then Harbaugh and Cam, combined with Lee Evans going out and the Jax game making everyone clamor for Ray Rice, sort of put the training wheels back on the offense.

Gotta keep gunning with Joe. I think we will, but I think in general we need to try to temper expectations at least a little considering it was, after all, just a Week 1 win. We're really good coming off of bye weeks and in general when we are able to prepare ad nauseum for a game. I want to see how we do on a more weekly basis on normal rest. It'll be important to see whether we can still operate such a quick-strike sort of attack when the wear and tear sets in, when the legs on the offensive linemen are a little heavier, when Flacco's taken a few more hits over the season, and so on. I'm not saying we didn't look fantastic last night, but Week 1 when you've had all offseason to prepare, you're completely fresh, and the weather's nice is when I would expect to see this kind of explosion. The key is being able to keep up that sort of tempo as the season wears on and the games get a little more physical.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone said McPhee looked good, and from what I read/saw on Twitter/saw during the game, McPhee didn't look that great at all. Art Jones actually I thought had more of an impact than Pernell did.

And I actually thought Cary Williams played somewhat well last night. Jimmy Smith had a rough night because he STILL gets lost in coverage and can't handle double moves and can't find the ball, but Cary was tough in coverage and just missed a couple of tackles; but it's week 1.

Either way, the big question going into next week is "What will happen on offense?" Are we going to keep the gas pedal down and keep attacking people with the no huddle offense, or is Cam going to do what Cam does best and completely revert the offense and cause us to have a a "WTFFFFF IS HAPPENING" game like last year against Tennessee? We shall find out, I have a stinging suspicion that we are gonna come out balls to the wall against Philly next weekend, though, and I am 100% okay with that!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Someone said McPhee looked good, and from what I read/saw on Twitter/saw during the game, McPhee didn't look that great at all. Art Jones actually I thought had more of an impact than Pernell did.

And I actually thought Cary Williams played somewhat well last night. Jimmy Smith had a rough night because he STILL gets lost in coverage and can't handle double moves and can't find the ball, but Cary was tough in coverage and just missed a couple of tackles; but it's week 1.

Either way, the big question going into next week is "What will happen on offense?" Are we going to keep the gas pedal down and keep attacking people with the no huddle offense, or is Cam going to do what Cam does best and completely revert the offense and cause us to have a a "WTFFFFF IS HAPPENING" game like last year against Tennessee? We shall find out, I have a stinging suspicion that we are gonna come out balls to the wall against Philly next weekend, though, and I am 100% okay with that!

I disagree. The guy got burned the entire first half. He was consistently being attacked by Dalton no matter what receiver he was covering (I can understand Green abusing him- because Green is a beast). Cary got a little more under control in the 2nd half, but at the same time the pass rush was also much more effective in the 2nd half of the game.

In terms of Jimmy, I thought he didn't play a good game, but at the same time I think it's to be expected. Jimmy plays best in press man... it's what he did almost exclusively at Colorado... coming into the NFL he hadn't much, if any, experience in off-man coverage... he was very raw in that regard. I've noticed that when we utilize Jimmy in press he looks much more comfortable. In terms of his weakness to double moves, it's definitely a problem.. but I expect that to improve as the season goes along. We have to remember that he lost most of his rookie season to a high ankle sprain. Recognizing and staying disciplined against double moves is a technique issue and I expect to see strides in that regard as the season progresses.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: