Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ty Warren likely out for the season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutler06

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Antonio Dixon, formerly of the Eagles ??

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
How about Antonio Dixon, formerly of the Eagles ??
I want him. And Caleb Hanie took Warren's roster spot.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
Him and Rocky Bernard would be DTs I'd look at in addition to our PS. I feel sorry for Warren though.

Rocky Bernard plays for the Giants. He started against Dallas.

My bad. The free agent tracker on this site does not deserve its name, however.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Can't say I'm surprised. We should have never tried to get by with Warren as a starting Defensive Tackle.

BroncoBruin wrote:
This tends to happen when you put all your chips on a guy who hasn't played in two years due to injuries . . .

I agree. The red injury flags were there, blatantly in this case, and yet Elway, Fox and Russell continued to believe that Warren could a player on whom they could count.

The bottom line is that Matt Russell came here from New England as a yes man for Mac and, mysteriously, Elway not only retained him but promoted him despite his abysmal track record as Director of Pro Personnel (I don't need to mention Jackson, Green, Maroney, Jordan, Law, Smith, Hochstein, etc). Elway and Russell then decided to neglect the DT position because they believed Warren could be the player he was 4 years ago.

Now, to be fair, this last year Russell was part of a FO that made some good signings - Porter, Dreessen and Tamme come to mind. Those were good moves and the litany of New England castoffs he brought in here who totally bombed should not totally define his work. But how many mistakes can a person make before they're held accountable? Ultimately, however, the buck stops with Elway and, for this, he deserves some scorn; Mac isn't the final say anymore, Elway is so the blame cannot rest entirely on Mac's former personnel man. Let's hope that Elway learns from his mistake and rectifies it soon.

M-High Marauder wrote:
I agree that Jackson would probably get more playing time, but he is a hybrid DE/DT. Warren was more of big bodied run stuffer, where as Jackson is more of a pass rusher.

The coaching staff viewed Warren as a complete DT - one who could hold the POA in the run game and create occasional pressure from inside. His versatility to be able to play in any situation was also appealing. So, I wouldn't characterize him only as a "big-bodied run-stuffer."

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Donut

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So AAA why do you bash them for letting Jackson into camp after being on team the previous yr? he was a Shanahan signing and I doubt you'd get a better camp body later.

Warren is cooked. Not surprising. Thought after missing 2 straight yrs he'd be hurt by week 4. He should retireband move onto life after football.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
So AAA why do you bash them for letting Jackson into camp after being on team the previous yr? he was a Shanahan signing and I doubt you'd get a better camp body later.

Including Jackson on the list, as I did here and in the other thread, was a mistake. Forgive me for mistaking Mac's disastrous personnel decisions with the disastrous personnel decisions of the Shanahan regime. I almost included Marlon McCree on the list of Mac's mistakes before I caught myself.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I almost included Marlon McCree on the list of Mac's mistakes before I caught myself.

Never in my 10 years of watching the NFL have I ever seen a worse Safety core than the Broncos in 2008. Absolutely awful.

I feel bad for Warren and he said he was considering retirement before this year, so I am sure he will retire come the end of this season. It will be interesting to see if the Coaches trust Siliga or whether we try to get someone off the street.

MUFC OK
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
It will be interesting to see if the Coaches trust Siliga or whether we try to get someone off the street.

Id be okay even if we went after someone on the streets too. We're very thin there right now.

This is all a problem because our front office wouldnt cut this scrub and just spend $5M a year for Bunkley.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we make a trade for a DT? When is the deadline. With the performance the other night, this would not surprise me as we might be closer to truly contending that I originally thought. Might be worth giving up a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LW33 wrote:
Can we make a trade for a DT? When is the deadline. With the performance the other night, this would not surprise me as we might be closer to truly contending that I originally thought. Might be worth giving up a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Have we given up a single draft pick for another team's player since Elway took over? It isn't his style, and I don't see us doing it either.

MUFC OK
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
LW33 wrote:

Have we given up a single draft pick for another team's player since Elway took over? It isn't his style, and I don't see us doing it either.

Shouldn't the Broncos really be in search for some better linebackers?
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I almost included Marlon McCree on the list of Mac's mistakes before I caught myself.

Never in my 10 years of watching the NFL have I ever seen a worse Safety core than the Broncos in 2008. Absolutely awful.

I feel bad for Warren and he said he was considering retirement before this year, so I am sure he will retire come the end of this season. It will be interesting to see if the Coaches trust Siliga or whether we try to get someone off the street.

What about Marquand Manuel and Calvin Lowry? They were just as bad, if not worse that year. Too bad Lynch had to retire, and Abdullah was cut because of an injury settlement or something. Those two would have done better than the Three Stooges.

That was a frustrating year at safety. Those guys were playing, and Barrett wasn't progressing enough to get off of the practice squad until early December.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:

Only thing that could have made it worse is if instead of Marlon McCree and Marquand Manuel it was John Lynch and Marquand Manuel.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't forget Calvin Lowry!
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

What about Marquand Manuel and Calvin Lowry? They were just as bad, if not worse that year. Too bad Lynch had to retire, and Abdullah was cut because of an injury settlement or something. Those two would have done better than the Three Stooges.

That was a frustrating year at safety. Those guys were playing, and Barrett wasn't progressing enough to get off of the practice squad until early December.

Idk, John Lynch was pretty horrible so I don't think his absence was anything to grieve over.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: