Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 1: Broncos vs Steelers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AntiSuperstar


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 4444
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToastedOats wrote:
Come on..... Moreno made this team because he almost always picks up the blitz. He whiffed on two occasions yesterday. What about the blocks he did pick up. He was about 80% on his blocking (probably higher, but I am not going to look it up).


Talk about apologizing.

ToastedOats wrote:
Any team that needs to go past their 3 starters at WR are going to struggle.....unless that team has Peyton Manning Laughing


Not really. Many passing teams have more than three guys in their rotation who are at least average. The Steelers just for one example have 4 very good receivers. In our case I cringe when any receiver other the three I mentioned even steps on the field.

ToastedOats wrote:
Great win, but I do agree the next two games will be even more telling. It hurts we lost Warren, he made a difference.


I don't know if they will be more telling but they are certainly different types of teams. I think Houston will be a very tough test for our run defense in particular. And all three teams in these first three games are a good test for our secondary because they all have good quarterbacks and wide receivers.

Losing Warren is the first majory injury of the season and will hurt.
_________________
Stop slobbering over Brian Dawkins


Last edited by AntiSuperstar on Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22197
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manning inspired me to make a sig. Whomever wants it, have at:



Code:
[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/1z5sqdw.png[/IMG]

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stefan52268


Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Posts: 6912
Location: Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the win. Peyton was amazing! If he stays healthy The Broncos should go a long way!
_________________

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mke1010


Joined: 08 Mar 2008
Posts: 1747
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some folks are overly critical. I remember some saying Stokely had nothing more to offer. He looked pretty good to me last night. Matt Willis also had a nice catch. We are fine at wide receiver. Caldwell as a fifth receiver is better than many teams.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jsthomp2007


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 7217
Location: USA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Manning inspired me to make a sig. Whomever wants it, have at:



Code:
[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/1z5sqdw.png[/IMG]


I would, but it if far too serious and cliche for me.
_________________
Ninja stealth muggers in the Bellagio has left me in a state of congitive disonance...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Winder23


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 4243
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Some folks are overly critical. I remember some saying Stokely had nothing more to offer. He looked pretty good to me last night. Matt Willis also had a nice catch. We are fine at wide receiver. Caldwell as a fifth receiver is better than many teams.
Agreed.... Not going to get too critical about our third and fourth WR's. I am pretty sure Stokely and Willis caught most if not all their respective targets. Like you said Caldwell is dammed fine #5.
_________________
GO BRONCOS!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncospride95


Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Posts: 2324
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Manning inspired me to make a sig. Whomever wants it, have at:



Code:
[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/1z5sqdw.png[/IMG]

I'll have at it then if no one else is already using it. Thanks BP and thanks for the honest opinion on the Broncos game.
_________________

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
champ+jay+al=SB


Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 15459
Location: Boulder
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
Some folks are overly critical. I remember some saying Stokely had nothing more to offer. He looked pretty good to me last night. Matt Willis also had a nice catch. We are fine at wide receiver. Caldwell as a fifth receiver is better than many teams.
Agreed.... Not going to get too critical about our third and fourth WR's. I am pretty sure Stokely and Willis caught most if not all their respective targets. Like you said Caldwell is dammed fine #5.


Willis was wide open IIRC. That dude sucks. I can't believe anyone would think otherwise after last year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AntiSuperstar


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 4444
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
Like you said Caldwell is dammed fine #5.


He's horrible. People knock Lance Ball for being a non-talent. Caldwell is the wide receiver equivalent only he's inconsistant as well.
_________________
Stop slobbering over Brian Dawkins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mke1010


Joined: 08 Mar 2008
Posts: 1747
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Winder23 wrote:
Like you said Caldwell is dammed fine #5.


He's horrible. People knock Lance Ball for being a non-talent. Caldwell is the wide receiver equivalent only he's inconsistant as well.

Give it a rest dude. Any one listening to you would think the Broncos have 6 good players and 47 scrubs.
Caldwell is a solid #3 on some teams teams. Matt Willis has good value as a possession receiver and a special team's player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JRebar913


Joined: 11 Mar 2012
Posts: 989
Location: Kansas City
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone beside me think the arm tackle polamalu made on d.t. was kind of dirty? looked like he was trying to break his arm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
elliot878


Moderator
Joined: 03 Feb 2007
Posts: 10647
Location: Connecticut
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
does anyone beside me think the arm tackle polamalu made on d.t. was kind of dirty? looked like he was trying to break his arm


nah it was just the only thing he had to grab onto since DT had him in the stiff arm, and his arms are crazy long.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
elliot878


Moderator
Joined: 03 Feb 2007
Posts: 10647
Location: Connecticut
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JRebar913


Joined: 11 Mar 2012
Posts: 989
Location: Kansas City
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
JRebar913 wrote:
does anyone beside me think the arm tackle polamalu made on d.t. was kind of dirty? looked like he was trying to break his arm


nah it was just the only thing he had to grab onto since DT had him in the stiff arm, and his arms are crazy long.


just me then. i didnt like the way he was twisting his arm, i just believe every steelers defensive player is dirty Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JRebar913


Joined: 11 Mar 2012
Posts: 989
Location: Kansas City
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:


can you get one with woodyard layin the hammer down? thor style, YOU WANT ME TO PUT THE HAMMA DOWN? haha Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 27 of 29

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group