Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Defense of old...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandman2300

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Defense of old... Reply with quote

That game looked like we were the defense of old- I'm talking our superbowl Defense. Now I'm not saying we are even remotely close to a championship contender at this point but I really think our defense looked like they ENJOYED being out there yesterday. You could see every single player on that field was going full tilt every play.

I also owe Gerald McCoy some credit- I said this is breakout or bust for him this year and as of now- he's stepping up.

#93 sure looked like a former Buc who used to wear #99

#54- as a rookie- looked very similar to another rookie we watched one time wearing #55

and #24 looked a lot like #47 delivering the boom on Steve Smith and then staring him down after.

Let's get after teams every single week like this. Our offense wasn't great- but you don't need a great offense with a great defense
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're heading in the right direction, both with personnel and mentality. But this is a slight overreaction. We gotta do it more than once.
Buccskis TDskis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say they definitely exceed all of my expectations and the rookies and new additions looked solid. <3 that Baron hit on Smith

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/social_assets/nfl/Week_1/Panthers_Bucs/SteveSmithGetsBlownUP.gif

With the Giants and Cowboys coming up, Im interested in seeing how the defense holds up against some very good offenses.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't call it our SB defense already....but were on the right path

I dont want to jinx it yet because last year our D handled the Saints and Falcons pretty good the first 4 weeks of the season, after that we got ran on, passed on by everyone and missed every tackle in the world
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
ramblinbuc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barron, and David are both ballers, Im pretty excited with our draft class this year. I agree that one week is not a good indication of where we will be in 16 more weeks, but I think we got a good thing going. Lets see how we do against our next two opponents, then again coming out of the bye week. All I know is i'm excited for our team, and excited to see that it appears Freeman might have actually made some changes, it was nice to see him STEP UP in the pocket, and though the dump offs and hokey pokey offense in the second half got a bit irritating its a good thing we have Martin to dump it off to, I think he can make a normal 3 yard pass something special with a block or two. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BUCS!

#iwastoldtherewouldbedefense #underthequotaformariota
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We looked fantastic, but let's see if they can maintain that level of hustle all year. Next week against the Giants will be a great test.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
We looked fantastic, but let's see if they can maintain that level of hustle all year. Next week against the Giants will be a great test.

I thought just being competitive before this weeks game would make me happy, but how we played just makes me ecstatic to see what the future holds. Next week is another true test so let's get ready Bucs fans because I am!
manilathrilla1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holding the best rushing Offense in the NFL of last season (150 yards/g, 26 TD's) to 10 yards and no TD's is impressive.

It's a great start, and while I don't expect them to be as consistent as the Top Defenses in the NFL, this Defense will turn in some outstanding performances this season.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys I'm with you and I love the performance in week 1 bit it's still too soon. We got a brutal schedule and 15 more games.

Let's go bucs
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell of a game. I didn't expect it at all.

http://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/245883868819886080

Quote:
DE Everette Brown worked out for the Buccaneers.

He's bounced around the league since he was drafted, but we still need DE help. This makes sense. We'll see if he gets signed.

http://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/245646786092470272

Quote:
One more: former Eagles DT Antonio Dixon had a workout w/ the Buccaneers today. No signing there. Dixon also worked out for Giants last wk.

More DL depth couldn't hurt either.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
Hell of a game. I didn't expect it at all.

http://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/245883868819886080

Quote:
DE Everette Brown worked out for the Buccaneers.

He's bounced around the league since he was drafted, but we still need DE help. This makes sense. We'll see if he gets signed.

http://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/245646786092470272

Quote:
One more: former Eagles DT Antonio Dixon had a workout w/ the Buccaneers today. No signing there. Dixon also worked out for Giants last wk.

More DL depth couldn't hurt either.

Yeah we need depth there. We have 7 CBS on the roster. I think we say adios to Myron Lewis. McDonald and Johnson played over him Sunday.

Wouldn't mind seeing Brown in a pass rush situational role. I liked corevy Irvin at DT in his limited time. May have found a solid back up.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think manila hit the nail on the head in another thread. The amount of potential along with how young we are could/should mean trouble for the other teams in our div for a long time.

Gerald McCoy - 24yrs old
Mark Barron - 22yrs old
Lavonte David - 22yrs old
Adrian Clayborn - 24yrs old
Mason Foster - 23yrs old
Aqib Talib - 26yrs old
Eric Wright - 27yrs old
Da'Quan Bowers - 22yrs old (If he ever gets healthy)

Mike Evans 46 - 794 - 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: