Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: New Orleans Saints vs Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 21126
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper was actually pretty decent in coverage from what I saw, that "pass interference" in the end zone was damn near perfect coverage.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tylerdouglass


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 14168
Location: Bellingham, WA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Harper was actually pretty decent in coverage from what I saw, that "pass interference" in the end zone was damn near perfect coverage.


Harper looked immensely better than Jenkins in this game in both coverage and tackling. I put Jenkins in my top 20, and right now he's making me look like an idiot.

Like Lombardi Gras said, he is breaking in this make or break season.

I was furious with that PI call. Excellent coverage by Harper.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 21126
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't know what happened to Jenkins, he looked like a future pro bowler his sophomore year and then he took a HUGE step back in literally every aspect of his game
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lifeinthaboot


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Posts: 2017
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys are saying Harper played good, then what are you smoking?
_________________
The Quote of the Month is: "Losing Creditability"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 21126
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeinthaboot wrote:
If you guys are saying Harper played good, then what are you smoking?

The entire defense played like ish but I don't remember Harper having any big lapses and the fact that he was our best safety in coverage speaks more about Jenkins than it does Harper.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tylerdouglass


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 14168
Location: Bellingham, WA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeinthaboot wrote:
If you guys are saying Harper played good, then what are you smoking?


IMO Cam Jordan was our biggest bright spot on defense, but Harper was probably our best DB out there.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jcvoodoo


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 431
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lombardi Gras wrote:


Let's also not forget we were missing Jabari Greer too. Speaking of secondary, I need to harp on our safeties for a second. This is Jenkins' make or break year in my opinion, and he is undoubtedly breaking. He has taken poor angles, and honestly, I think he's semi-afraid to hit. Harper is still a legit tackler, but he's a liability in coverage.

White looked poor, but that was expected. Sucks Patrick got injured, I really like him.


I thought White did decent. Few good plays, few bad plays. But yes, we need to do better scouting talent for the secondary. Need Greer back for sure tho.
_________________


^NS922 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
QB Connoisseur


Joined: 20 Nov 2010
Posts: 3431
Location: Tiger Stadium
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next year's first pick: TJ McDonald
_________________
Adopt-A-Saint 2013: Akiem Hicks | Khiry Robinson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tylerdouglass


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 14168
Location: Bellingham, WA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
Lombardi Gras wrote:


Let's also not forget we were missing Jabari Greer too. Speaking of secondary, I need to harp on our safeties for a second. This is Jenkins' make or break year in my opinion, and he is undoubtedly breaking. He has taken poor angles, and honestly, I think he's semi-afraid to hit. Harper is still a legit tackler, but he's a liability in coverage.

White looked poor, but that was expected. Sucks Patrick got injured, I really like him.


I thought White did decent. Few good plays, few bad plays. But yes, we need to do better scouting talent for the secondary. Need Greer back for sure tho.


I've said it once and I'll say it again, White SCREAMS in the box SS to me, not CB.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bzane


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 521
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
bzane wrote:
I see where Mark Ingram carried 6 times for 15 yards- 2.5 yards-per-carry- and 0 TD's.

How did he do on the "eyeball test"?


Laughing You clearly didn't watch the game, Ingram didn't have a hole the entire time, he had to do everything on his own.


OBVIOUSLY I didn't watch the game; that's the point I'm making.

I see that his stats weren't so great. I'm asking, how did he look ( the "eyeball test" to use your own term).

How did he look, for someone who was unable to watch the game?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 21126
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
bzane wrote:
I see where Mark Ingram carried 6 times for 15 yards- 2.5 yards-per-carry- and 0 TD's.

How did he do on the "eyeball test"?


Laughing You clearly didn't watch the game, Ingram didn't have a hole the entire time, he had to do everything on his own.


OBVIOUSLY I didn't watch the game; that's the point I'm making.

I see that his stats weren't so great. I'm asking, how did he look ( the "eyeball test" to use your own term).

How did he look, for someone who was unable to watch the game?

Mediocre. He had absolutely no holes to run through though so I'd take this game with a grain of salt. He did have one run where he made a nice cutback for a 4-5 yard gain, but other then that, the running game was miserable all around.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bzane


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 521
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
bzane wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
bzane wrote:
I see where Mark Ingram carried 6 times for 15 yards- 2.5 yards-per-carry- and 0 TD's.

How did he do on the "eyeball test"?


Laughing You clearly didn't watch the game, Ingram didn't have a hole the entire time, he had to do everything on his own.


OBVIOUSLY I didn't watch the game; that's the point I'm making.

I see that his stats weren't so great. I'm asking, how did he look ( the "eyeball test" to use your own term).

How did he look, for someone who was unable to watch the game?






Mediocre. He had absolutely no holes to run through though so I'd take this game with a grain of salt. He did have one run where he made a nice cutback for a 4-5 yard gain, but other then that, the running game was miserable all around.


Well thank you, Harper. That's all I wanted to know. I appreciate your honesty and decency in responding.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tylerdouglass


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 14168
Location: Bellingham, WA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope Greer can play next week, we'll need him in a big way. Can't start out 0-2...

0-4 in 2007 nearly killed me.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lifeinthaboot


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Posts: 2017
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
lifeinthaboot wrote:
If you guys are saying Harper played good, then what are you smoking?

The entire defense played like ish but I don't remember Harper having any big lapses and the fact that he was our best safety in coverage speaks more about Jenkins than it does Harper.


I could have sworn Harper was the safety that let 88 yard TD happen. I don't even know what he was doing. Bad angle? And wasn't he the person that let RG3 hit the TE for a first down in the 4th quarter?
_________________
The Quote of the Month is: "Losing Creditability"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jcvoodoo


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 431
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeinthaboot wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
lifeinthaboot wrote:
If you guys are saying Harper played good, then what are you smoking?

The entire defense played like ish but I don't remember Harper having any big lapses and the fact that he was our best safety in coverage speaks more about Jenkins than it does Harper.


I could have sworn Harper was the safety that let 88 yard TD happen. I don't even know what he was doing. Bad angle? And wasn't he the person that let RG3 hit the TE for a first down in the 4th quarter?


If you saw, Harper was illegally picked on that 88 yard TD play...no call tho Sad

He also got tagged for PI in the end zone... looked like pretty damn good coverage to me, hell, even the commentators said something about it.

Despite that, the Saints got within one score but lost on the Brees int...
_________________


^NS922 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group