Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Panthers @ Bucs GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
That gif of Barron breaking up a pass is a thing of beauty. He has great range for a big safety. I don't remember the last time that we had an athlete in secondary that could do everything that Barron does. Nice showing for the rookie.

A lot of good gifs from this game, I found this from the Panthers GDT.

Definitely reminiscent of the glory days. Cam had nowhere to go.

I can stare at these gifs all day long.

I am going to watch the game again today when I get home.

The defensive play, and play calling was out of this world. It was nice not to have to hold my breath everytime the Panthers snapped the ball hoping they didn't gash us either through the air or on the ground. Having David call the plays is sick, so young and he's already playing everydown AND calling the defense. Barron, McCoy, Wrigth ugh can go on and on. It's only one game but definitely something to build off of.

Offense looked great at times. Freeman made good decisions, Martin has all the tools to be a stud in this league. Jackson was up and down, maybe he had the jitters. He helped us more than the stat sheet shows though.

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buccaneer4life wrote:
Great game yesterday for our Bucs. Especially for Gerald McCoy. He really showed what kind of difference he makes. Correct me if im wrong but when he was in the lineup last year we were 4-2. When he got injured we lost 10 in a row. That speaks for itself. Really happy for him. Mark Barron and Lavonte David looks like the real deal. David was wearing the mic helmet yesterday not Foster which is a bit of a suprise. Freeman played well but he def needs to play better IMO. I know that he had a couple of receivers drop a pass or two on third down but I think we had 3 straight 3 and outs to open the second half. That CANT happen if we want to be a contender. Overall great win and this really gets me excited for what we can do this year. GO BUCS!!

Those three 'n outs are on the coaching staff and V-Jax, not Free.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 10 Games | 115 Tackles (14 for loss) | 2 PDs | 2 FFs | 1 FR
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
That gif of Barron breaking up a pass is a thing of beauty. He has great range for a big safety. I don't remember the last time that we had an athlete in secondary that could do everything that Barron does. Nice showing for the rookie.

That play was great for so many reasons. The aggressive play call, the penetration, the fact that the guys wrapped up and that Talib was covering DeAngelo Williams in case of a pitch, which could have happened and been ugly. So great. I hope we get to watch that same defense all year.

Fundamentally that's as sound as it gets. Talib and Black did a great job containing and corralling the play. Considering what we saw last season from our defense this gives me goosebumps. What a turnaround.

Also, it's crazy to think that 3 of our starting DLineman were on the bench for this play. George Johnson was in for Michael Bennett, Gary Gibson was in for Roy Miller and newly signed Corey Irvin was in for Gerald McCoy. Gibson and Irvin both completely blew by the blockers in front of them to create the initial pressure.

I'm smiling from ear to ear.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Last edited by DaRealdeal on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday was validation to the players that the systems on both sides of the ball can and will work to win games. One could nitpick about offensive gameplan in the second half, but really this team is going to be a work in progress for the first half of the year. There will be growing pains.

However, the effort on both sides of the ball was outstanding. The gang tackling and running to the ball on defense tremendous. My favorite play was when VJack caught the ball on the 6 yard line in the first half and was being gang tackled. Nicks and I believe Zuttah just sprinted from the line of scrimmage and absolutely blew up the pile forward. It was great to see.
epicMustache

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
Yesterday was validation to the players that the systems on both sides of the ball can and will work to win games. One could nitpick about offensive gameplan in the second half, but really this team is going to be a work in progress for the first half of the year. There will be growing pains.

However, the effort on both sides of the ball was outstanding. The gang tackling and running to the ball on defense tremendous. My favorite play was when VJack caught the ball on the 6 yard line in the first half and was being gang tackled. Nicks and I believe Zuttah just sprinted from the line of scrimmage and absolutely blew up the pile forward. It was great to see.

It really was. Carl Nicks just mowed people over like bowling pins. And you're right - this offense is definitely a work in progress, and one that I was almost certain wouldn't be clicking this well this early in the season.

This team had a level of desire I haven't seen in the Bucs in a long time. Truly an exciting time to be a Tampa Bay fan.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still giddy about being 1-0, especially when that 1-0 is a division win.

Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 10 Games | 115 Tackles (14 for loss) | 2 PDs | 2 FFs | 1 FR
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

That play was great for so many reasons. The aggressive play call, the penetration, the fact that the guys wrapped up and that Talib was covering DeAngelo Williams in case of a pitch, which could have happened and been ugly. So great. I hope we get to watch that same defense all year.
Man, I don't know what we did this off-season in detail but its clear as day we are just coached differently regarded defending the run; schematically speaking. Another big play gif

I feel like since its been a long time since we've seen such dominance we feel the need to share highlights. The struggle Laughing
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so proud of this team, the resilience and more importantly the coaching...

Anyone else find it fitting that we find our run defense for the first time since holding AP right under 100 yards in 2008? AKA the game before that Monday nighter against Carolina where they opened up the flood gates?

Man it feels so good....BTW number 1 rushing defense in the league right now. And with 10 yards, it's like they didnt rush at all. That will go a LONG way into that stat in the end of the year...

Here we go next week. Im worried sick about Larsen and Trueblood. Tuck, JPP and Osi all gonna rush from the right side of that line lol

the good thing is, on defense, we are going up against a bad running team. Minus the playoffs last year they couldnt do it. And minus one 28 yard run by Bradshaw, their running game was TERRIBLE against the Cowboys.

The important thing is having our D-Line play like it did today. Im sure Sheridan will want some revenge against NY, as would I think Sullivan would enjoy lighting up the scoreboard.

Maybe we still have some serious tricks up our sleeve..we'll see Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't seen them already, check out some of the player interviews. Here is Carl Nick's. Its pretty funny and honestly the best "locker room" look at how the players feel about Schiano and everything that is going on that I've seen thus far.

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Post_Game_vs_Panthers_Carl_Nicks/8d8b4452-dac1-4128-ba1e-2eb9a56c5a67

Smack ^
#FireLovie
Buccaneer4life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How bout that crowd yesterday? Yes it wasnt a sell out but they were in it the whole game. Hopefully yesterdays win will make people come out to the games.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
If you haven't seen them already, check out some of the player interviews. Here is Carl Nick's. Its pretty funny and honestly the best "locker room" look at how the players feel about Schiano and everything that is going on that I've seen thus far.

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Post_Game_vs_Panthers_Carl_Nicks/8d8b4452-dac1-4128-ba1e-2eb9a56c5a67

That was great. You can tell how much he respects Schiano. Nicks is just a happy dude that likes to mash people on the field. Nice to see that side of him.

I figured that I should post this here.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/mccoys-near-sacks-draw-call-ex-buc-sapp

Quote:
But while McCoy had seemingly wrapped up Newton on a few occasions, he racked up just one sack, as the dynamic quarterback found a way to escape. And that led former Bucs star DT Warren Sapp, a mentor of McCoy, to give him a motivational call Sunday night.

He said, If you ever get a quarterback in your grasp like that, and you let him out, me and you are gonna fight, McCoy said, smiling. I said, Hey, I dont want none of that. I was sitting at dinner last night and they showed the play where (Sapp) picked the running back and like slammed him by the neck. Im like, Ill make sure if I ever do that again, Ill do whatever it takes so me and you dont have to fight.

I love it.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

That was great. You can tell how much he respects Schiano. Nicks is just a happy dude that likes to mash people on the field. Nice to see that side of him.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/mccoys-near-sacks-draw-call-ex-buc-sapp

Quote:
But while McCoy had seemingly wrapped up Newton on a few occasions, he racked up just one sack, as the dynamic quarterback found a way to escape. And that led former Bucs star DT Warren Sapp, a mentor of McCoy, to give him a motivational call Sunday night.

He said, If you ever get a quarterback in your grasp like that, and you let him out, me and you are gonna fight, McCoy said, smiling. I said, Hey, I dont want none of that. I was sitting at dinner last night and they showed the play where (Sapp) picked the running back and like slammed him by the neck. Im like, Ill make sure if I ever do that again, Ill do whatever it takes so me and you dont have to fight.

I love it.

that's awesome! He dm'd me the same thing...

I saw it come in on my phone and I started giggling like a school girl. I see famous people and have met tons, but man...Sapp was Mr. Buc....Still smiling

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

Quote:

I love it.

that's awesome! He dm'd me the same thing...

I saw it come in on my phone and I started giggling like a school girl. I see famous people and have met tons, but man...Sapp was Mr. Buc....Still smiling

Same. He dm'd me like a year ago. It was around when I first started up twitter. Sapp was always my favorite Buc.

garbage
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'M JUST SO FREAKIN HAPPY!!!!!!!!!

Our defense looked awesome, fast and strong.

Freeman looked good.

Martin looked amazing.

Before Sullivan channeled his inner Olsen, our playcalling was perfect.

WE BEAT THE PANTHERS LOL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
I'M JUST SO FREAKIN HAPPY!!!!!!!!!

Our defense looked awesome, fast and strong.

Freeman looked good.

Martin looked amazing.

Before Sullivan channeled his inner Olsen, our playcalling was perfect.

WE BEAT THE PANTHERS LOL

the more i think about it, i think Schiano told him to shut it down. We showed VERY little, and he talked about it being an advantage this year that teams dont know what we are doing...

Martin might be our only true Fantasy threat....But all I care about is wins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29

Jump to: