Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Jets vs Bills Game Day Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
at the end of the day we werent "blown out" and i dont believe we were dominated by any means. we still scored those 28 points against their starting D. Our D has a lot of work to do i think and again Fitz killed any chances of winning with his INT.

I disagree completely.
We were dominated IMO, but we made it look much better than it was.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
at the end of the day we werent "blown out" and i dont believe we were dominated by any means. we still scored those 28 points against their starting D. Our D has a lot of work to do i think and again Fitz killed any chances of winning with his INT.

Sparano and Sanchez dominated us hands down, They mixed up there plays perfectly and preyed over the middle, our coverage was weak, we lacked a pass rush and I feel the exposed our LB's.. Dominated
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 2003 Buffalo beat New England at home 31-0, but lost by the same score in week 17... the Bills finished 6-10 and the Patriots finished 14-2.

...the Bills play the Jets again in week 17... eh? eh?

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

Sparano and Sanchez dominated us hands down, They mixed up there plays perfectly and preyed over the middle, our coverage was weak, we lacked a pass rush and I feel the exposed our LB's.. Dominated

I'll say this, you remove the 3 early TO's and this game is competitive. We definitely had good success running the ball. As stated though, weak coverage (I won't put it all on the lack of pass rush) and poor LB play. Our lack of pass rush needs a footnote...the Jets OL played very well, winning at least half the battles with Dareus and Williams. That hurt us with a lack of sacks and the time for Sanchez to pick us apart.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:
SappDaddyDance wrote:
rjkilla wrote:
SappDaddyDance wrote:
I know he said he was injured last year, but does anyone else think Fitzpatrick is trying to hard to justify the extension you gave him last year. Which is why he struggled toward the end of last year and his issues are continuing this season as well?

i think it's just a case of him being mediocre at best.

Well you can look at the bright side, if you guys struggle this year, there's always the Wildcat

And we are owning without it!
Stay classy Jets.

Im very disappointed in the Bills. You paid money to bring in defensive players and they did nothing against a very sorry jets DL. WHere was Anderson and Mario Williams ?.
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only real positives I take out of this game is that CJ can be the lead back when time comes, and our offense line looked decent. If my name is Ryan Fitzpatrick, I should be embarrassed to show my face in public. The INT's were some of the ugliest and most blatant that I have seen in the while, our DL got almost next to no pressure while our secondary was torn to shreds, by Mark Sanchez of all people. Our defensive unit should be made to walk home from NJ.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That had to be embarrassing, bills bros. Sorry you had to lose to the jets Sad

Are you guys going to listen to Seal now?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
The only real positives I take out of this game is that CJ can be the lead back when time comes, and our offense line looked decent. If my name is Ryan Fitzpatrick, I should be embarrassed to show my face in public. The INT's were some of the ugliest and most blatant that I have seen in the while, our DL got almost next to no pressure while our secondary was torn to shreds, by Mark Sanchez of all people. Our defensive unit should be made to walk home from NJ.
too be fair Sanchez isn't too terrible it just they had a goofy OC. Don't feel bad its just week one adjustments can happen I just expected better from the pass rush , on paper its suppose to dominate.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

I'll say this, you remove the 3 early TO's and this game is competitive. We definitely had good success running the ball. As stated though, weak coverage (I won't put it all on the lack of pass rush) and poor LB play. Our lack of pass rush needs a footnote...the Jets OL played very well, winning at least half the battles with Dareus and Williams. That hurt us with a lack of sacks and the time for Sanchez to pick us apart.

Exactly, Fitz single handledly put 17 points on the board for the Jets. Yes the defense blew it today but they were rarely put in good positions and once a team gets down on themselves [inappropriate/removed] hits the fans.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
Run defense was also really good.

One thing good about Fitz performance is that he had a really good 2nd half. 3 TDs and 1INT.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

Exactly, Fitz single handledly put 17 points on the board for the Jets. Yes the defense blew it today but they were rarely put in good positions and once a team gets down on themselves [inappropriate/removed] hits the fans.
IDK I hoped the D from you guys would be better tho . I mean the pass rush was no where to be found and the secondary was awful. Overall horrible on both sides of the ball other than Spiller . I thought Fitz was good ever since contract he been laying low.
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Maxmw22 wrote:
Run defense was also really good.

One thing good about Fitz performance is that he had a really good 2nd half. 3 TDs and 1INT.

That is true, but when you are up 41-7. Even if the coach wants you too keep hammering them, how much do you think the Jets defense played? I mean yah you play, but did they have any sense of urgency? An attitude where "OK so the score a TD big whoop, no one is coming back from this" I almost chalk it up to garbage time.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
coors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe this is a better place to ask this question. I originally posted this in NFL General.. but thinking about it makes me come here where obviously the people in here know the Bills better than anyone else.

This is absolutely in no way me trying to come here and "troll" or "flame"
I actually like rooting for yall, especially after bringing in Mario & Crew this off season, I have the Bills as a sleeper and will make the playoffs. This is just simply an outsider, who didn't watch the game, asking the fanbase about what they believe went wrong today.

Quote:
So, what on earth happened to the Bills? Gave up 48 points to the Jets? I didn't see any of the game, just a handful of highlights on SC/NFLN. I was one of the people buying into the Bills this off season, especially after bringing in Mario as well as the others. So, for someone who caught the game, can you give a quick synopsis of what the hell happened to the Bills? (yeah, it's only week 1, but the Jets couldn't score a TD in preseason, then they come out and absolutely light up the Bills) what gives?

So, to yall, what went wrong today? Like I had said, I haven't seen but a few highlights of the game today. How did the D look? Mario&Mark? Ect.. I come in peace! I appreciate ahead of time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

That is true, but when you are up 41-7. Even if the coach wants you too keep hammering them, how much do you think the Jets defense played? I mean yah you play, but did they have any sense of urgency? An attitude where "OK so the score a TD big whoop, no one is coming back from this" I almost chalk it up to garbage time.
They couldnt of been playing to easy on us at that point. They did attempt a fleaflicker. What team tries trickplays in garbage time?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Quote:

They couldnt of been playing to easy on us at that point. They did attempt a fleaflicker. What team tries trickplays in garbage time?

The Jets offense didn't really go into garbage time mode until the very end. The defense, however, looked like they were playing to run down the clock. The Bills were able to move down the field, but it would take them 7 minutes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: