Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jeff Ireland On the Hot Seat
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Jeff Ireland On the Hot Seat Reply with quote

OK my last post didn't save anything. Not sure why. So let's try this again.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1314/dolphins-offense

Quote:
Citing a friend of Dolphins owner Stephen Ross, the Miami Herald reports GM Jeff Ireland will be in "serious trouble" if the team "bombs" in 2012.
The Dolphins are on their way after Sunday's 20-point loss to the Texans. Per the Herald, Ross does not have "blind faith" in Ireland and would be willing to fire him if things go south. Another friend of Ross said Ireland would likely not survive if the Dolphins went 5-11 this season. As the Dolphins continue to pile up losses, expect fire-the-GM talk to become louder and louder. Ireland did an incredibly poor job of surrounding rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill with talent

This should not come as a surprise at all. I just hope that we can find consistency. I don't want a regime change but i do want to find good talent evaluators and somebody that knows how to manage the cap

UniversalAuthor
CanesFinsFan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pray Pray As much as I want the fins to win, I equally want Ireland gone. Please Ross don't even wait that long. Get his a** out now.

^ Thanks for the sig Delphi83^
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something doesnt give here,if ireland knew or feels he is on the hot seat then why would he trade players like marshall and davis and not spend in free agency??? were they philpin calls?? I believe ross,philpin and ireland have all agreed to rebuild this from ground zero and if thats not the case then jeff ireland is much dumber then we all think he is.
Manic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh nooz, we lost to a division winner who's competing for a superbowl this year. Fire everyone and draft barkley

fishfan4life wrote:
Something doesnt give here,if ireland knew or feels he is on the hot seat then why would he trade players like marshall and davis and not spend in free agency??? were they philpin calls?? I believe ross,philpin and ireland have all agreed to rebuild this from ground zero and if thats not the case then jeff ireland is much dumber then we all think he is.

I don't think Ross informed Ireland of his plans at all. I think Ross has kept this to himself. I just hopes Ross understands to be patient and let the team build.

UniversalAuthor
Deets

Hmm I think this a fair sentiment. But theres still 15 games to show improvement so its too early to think about.

FF Member #67
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manic wrote:
oh nooz, we lost to a division winner who's competing for a superbowl this year. Fire everyone and draft barkley

That is not what i got from this at all. I just got the fact that Ross is impatient and doesn't want to wait to win. I don't think anybody is worried at all. I think a lot of us know it was going to be tough to compete.

Right now, we are in the bottom of the league and i've predicted that we will stay there for this year and next

UniversalAuthor
Manic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't think anybody is worried at all. I think a lot of us know it was going to be tough to compete.

haha have you been in the gdt?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manic wrote:
Quote:
I don't think anybody is worried at all. I think a lot of us know it was going to be tough to compete.

haha have you been in the gdt?

Not really. I try to avoid those threads. I didn't start this thread to say fire everybody but just what will probably happen at the end of the season. It's very tiring though. Constantly changing over GMs and Coaches. I would rather have consistency but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

My guess is we will see a new Gm next off season. Here is where Carl Peterson my take over in a Bill Parcells role

UniversalAuthor
SUG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

POLIAN or whomever Philbin recommends !!!

sug
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, as much as I don't like a lot of Ireland's moves, I don't really trust Ross to bring in a good replacement.
SUG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
Honestly, as much as I don't like a lot of Ireland's moves, I don't really trust Ross to bring in a good replacement.

That's why I've been saying the most important person in the the equation is Philbin (the Head Coach)

I don't give a crap about Ireland or any new GMs "vision" or lack thereof.
1). Just scout & acquire the players Philbin tells you to.
2). Generate trades for draft pks when asked to.
3). Re sign the players Philbin ask's you to.

sug
phinmun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
JCool333 wrote:

That's why I've been saying the most important person in the the equation is Philbin (the Head Coach)

I don't give a crap about Ireland or any new GMs "vision" or lack thereof.
1). Just scout & acquire the players Philbin tells you to.
2). Generate trades for draft pks when asked to.
3). Re sign the players Philbin ask's you to.

sug

Well SUG,

It sure sounds like you described Jeff Ireland and his performance over the off-season.

My only advice is to you guys who are going to pile on Ireland after every loss is this: be careful what you wish for. Any new GM that comes in will assume the position of assessing the team and altering it's direction.

You don't fire Ireland and then hire a new GM without giving that new individual precedent to start making changes. You all want a guy who's just going to listen to Philbin, well, Jeff Ireland has done exactly that since Philbin has arrived. For all we know, the problem has been that he was listening to the wrong guy in Tony Sparano.

The point is, if we replace Ireland, it's unlikely we'll just cruise along like nothing happened. It's much more likely we'll get someone who comes in and starts screwing around with things Philbin has set. By all indications, Philbin has all the control right now, why would you want a new GM to come in and change that?

Usually that breaks apart ball-clubs.
Fender

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:

You don't fire Ireland and then hire a new GM without giving that new individual precedent to start making changes. You all want a guy who's just going to listen to Philbin, well, Jeff Ireland has done exactly that since Philbin has arrived.

Serious question: has this been the case? If so how do we/you know this.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fender wrote:
phinmun wrote:

You don't fire Ireland and then hire a new GM without giving that new individual precedent to start making changes. You all want a guy who's just going to listen to Philbin, well, Jeff Ireland has done exactly that since Philbin has arrived.

Serious question: has this been the case? If so how do we/you know this.

I think what he means is if you think Ireland is just out drafting players, without asking Philbin if he has the qualities to perform in the offense or defense he projects, you are kidding yourself. Ireland has really messed things up. I get that but all the animosity surrounding him goes back to getting rid of any Parcell guy. Ireland typically drafts well in the first round but it really looks as if he screwed up this year. I mean, it really appears as if they messed on their second and third round picks this year. That is discouraging. I am for letting the guy go so that the fan base can point to the real problem, the players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: