Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: New Orleans Saints vs Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
This defensive scheme looks like a complete joke. The offense looked pathetic until the last 6 minutes. I could easily point to the refs, but fact of the matter is we sucked in almost every facet of the game. And not to take away from Washington, they looked terrific. But we just flat out sucked. This defense will not work. I am praying this was an anomaly, because our players do not look suited for this zone based scheme.

This is going to be a long season.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
MikeT14

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good game guys. i had to pull out my dc sports fan pillow fort again...

- mike23md on the sig!
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:
This defensive scheme looks like a complete joke. The offense looked pathetic until the last 6 minutes. I could easily point to the refs, but fact of the matter is we sucked in almost every facet of the game. And not to take away from Washington, they looked terrific. But we just flat out sucked. This defense will not work. I am praying this was an anomaly, because our players do not look suited for this zone based scheme.

This is going to be a long season.

Agreed. Seriously, the defense needs to step the hell up. Whether Spags or the players need to make the adjustment really isn't clear yet, but the D needs to get their s--t together, and they need to do it now.

Same goes for the offense. I seriously thought Drew Brees wasn't playing at first, because there should've been NO way we played that badly. None of the offensive linemen seem to like Ingram or Brees, our receivers don't want to catch the damn ball, and Brees is going colorblind.

Add to the fact i live in the heart of the Redskins fanbase???

I am not a happy Saints fan right now. Evil or Very Mad

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as the coaches film is available I'll be dissecting the big defensive collapses and some other plays. Something I'm really looking forward to actually.

I also play on keeping track of how and how often we use Galette, Jordan and Wilson.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a lighter note, anyone see who was right behind Roby when he recovered that punt. LOLOLOL that jersey looks familiar.

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better team won, nothing more than that to it.

The team collectively has to pull it's head out from its behind. Not a single positive.

Nothing but major props to Redskins and RG3. They played us off our home turf. Just owned us.

Nothing more to do than pick ourselves up, and focus on next week.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
bzane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see where Mark Ingram carried 6 times for 15 yards- 2.5 yards-per-carry- and 0 TD's.

How did he do on the "eyeball test"?
Raves

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
I see where Mark Ingram carried 6 times for 15 yards- 2.5 yards-per-carry- and 0 TD's.

Same problem as Reggie Bush. He gets in and gets a carry and the OL seems to forget how to block.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
saintsfan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracy Porter looking real good for the Broncos. Wish we had him out there today

www.beattproductions.com

Adopt-A-Saint 2014
WR Kenny Stills 15 cat 244 yds 1 TD
S Rafael Bush 27 tak 0 INT 2 PD
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I thought you guys were gonna pull that one out at the end. We gave Brees way too much time to work with and you cannot do that with an elite QB like him.

Good game guys. Happy for you guys that the suspensions are lifted and you can get your guys back.

Impressions of RG3 from the opposing team? I'm interested.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
lifeinthaboot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Man I thought you guys were gonna pull that one out at the end. We gave Brees way too much time to work with and you cannot do that with an elite QB like him.

Good game guys. Happy for you guys that the suspensions are lifted and you can get your guys back.

Impressions of RG3 from the opposing team? I'm interested.

He looked really, really good.... great actually. Your coaches were calling some good plays in the first quarter to get him in the game (short screens and etc.). At first I thought it was okay but then I was like,"Are the Redskins going to be calling these college plays for him all year? They are wasting his talents!" As an RG3 fan, I'm glad they didn't.... as a Saints fan, I hate that they didn't Evil or Very Mad. Him doing the little things (like extending the play and having us cover people in the secondary that extra few seconds) really helped you guys out. His arm strength is another thing that stood out. He made some great throws by the way, and that one in the 4th quarter on second down was an killer. I don't know if this is an good thing or not but he doesn't mind taking a lick. There are alot of things I could say but it's late. I'm pretty sure he exceeded alot of people's expectation coming into this game. You should be proud of him.
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a very good game . I think Saints will finish on top of the division the offense is too good but D needs to step up more.
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D looked lost a majority of the game. Wilson was one of the few bright spots with the blocked punt. A better job needs to be done on the inside. Offense looked good in final 7 mins of game. Brees uncharacteristically over threw Joe Morgan, but seemed to find some kind of rhythm aside from that.

The Redskins were the better team. RG3 looked awesome and it was apparent that his coaching staff put together a game plan that showcased his talents. Let's not forget to mention Alfred Morris. Well played Redskins!

Sure, there were a couple questionable calls... but the Saints shot themselves in the foot with false starts, holding calls, and offsides. The majority of the Saints penalties were errors you'd associate with a team that lost their coach. Mental mistakes did not help them at all. And, for God's sake... learn to tackle low??

Ingram and/or Ivory should be used for smashmouth running and not sweeps, period. Not to mention the horrible play of the O line...

Use this as a stepping stone... take the final six minutes and build on that. Forget about the first 54 minutes!

^NS922 on the sig^
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:

Laughing You clearly didn't watch the game, Ingram didn't have a hole the entire time, he had to do everything on his own.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
D looked lost a majority of the game. Wilson was one of the few bright spots with the blocked punt. A better job needs to be done on the inside. Offense looked good in final 7 mins of game. Brees uncharacteristically over threw Joe Morgan, but seemed to find some kind of rhythm aside from that.

The Redskins were the better team. RG3 looked awesome and it was apparent that his coaching staff put together a game plan that showcased his talents. Let's not forget to mention Alfred Morris. Well played Redskins!

Sure, there were a couple questionable calls... but the Saints shot themselves in the foot with false starts, holding calls, and offsides. The majority of the Saints penalties were errors you'd associate with a team that lost their coach. Mental mistakes did not help them at all. And, for God's sake... learn to tackle low??

Ingram and/or Ivory should be used for smashmouth running and not sweeps, period. Not to mention the horrible play of the O line...

Use this as a stepping stone... take the final six minutes and build on that. Forget about the first 54 minutes!

I agree with this. If anyone was expecting us to come in and light the league on fire with the offseason we had, they were definitely brought back down to earth.

We are using our interim, interim head coach and a new defensive system. Granted, I was worried about how Spags' system would work here, but it's too early to tell if it is a flop or not.

Despite how horribly we played, and despite the fact that we were extremely one dimensional offensively (I swear we never ran it), we were still in this game. They had a perfect game plan, and let's be real, RGIII looked great. Redskins always play us tough and seem to be one of the few teams that much up favorably in most aspects of the game.

Let's also not forget we were missing Jabari Greer too. Speaking of secondary, I need to harp on our safeties for a second. This is Jenkins' make or break year in my opinion, and he is undoubtedly breaking. He has taken poor angles, and honestly, I think he's semi-afraid to hit. Harper is still a legit tackler, but he's a liability in coverage.

White looked poor, but that was expected. Sucks Patrick got injured, I really like him.

FSP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: