Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Postgame: SF 30 GB 22
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgthekid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Postgame: SF 30 GB 22 Reply with quote

That stunk. But I'll be damned if the 49ers aren't the top seed in the NFC this season. Best defense this team has played since...the Jets in 2010? Credit to the downfield coverage from the 49ers all game; Rodgers often didn't know where to go with the ball. And the offensive line looked like it had trouble with the stunts and blitzes again...ugh.

Same old defense from last year (until the 49ers were playing run-out-the-clock), but Clay seems to have gotten his swag back. But still, the tackling is still s**tty, and they're getting burned on the blitzes.

And lastly...dear NFL, pay the real refs, and get them back out here. These guys were terrible.

Fuzzy Slippers tells no lies.
jiggad369

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-defense
-protection
-drops

+it's only week 1
+cobb++++

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Dear Jay Cutler,
Sorry you got diabetes.
Love, Cookies.
.flash

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers deserve this win. Just depressing to see us come out and play this pathetically. Out of sorts on all levels, really. We've bested our season's worst with this game here: trailing for the entire game at home, and a loss to start off our season. The refs were terrible this game, but I think we're about even what with the Cobb call.

We better get schit together before Thursday. This is not Packers football, this is not a winner's brand of football.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe anyone would really think the Niners wanted to go ultra conservative on both sides of the ball, knowing the team they were playing and the fact it was just a two score game with plenty of time to go. Also, Niners are top team in the NFC RIGHT NOW, no doubt. Doesn't mean the Packers won't be right back there in a matter of weeks and/or by seasons end.

Last edited by WIsportsfan on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
bkobow05

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.flash wrote:
49ers deserve this win. Just depressing to see us come out and play this pathetically. Out of sorts on all levels, really. We've bested our season's worst with this game here: trailing for the entire game at home, and a loss to start off our season. The refs were terrible this game, but I think we're about even what with the Cobb call.

We better get schit together before Thursday. This is not Packers football, this is not a winner's brand of football.
Amen.

#JDI
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers deserved the win for sure.

I felt like I wasn't even watching the Packers play. With the conservative play calling, the god awful offence in the 1st half, and Aaron just being off, I don't know how I feel going forward. I can't wait for fair officiating going both ways once the contract is finally dealt with. That was painful to watch.

Big plus is seeing Clay go beast mode again. Love seeing Woody getting all the pressure. HATE seeing the sissies we have on defence. Hate seeing the pitiful running game (albeit against the 9ers).

Good game 49ers, but I do wish this game was mid season.

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really not generally reactionary, but I'd seriously love to see Bush bumped for Hayward. Either way, that CB is going to be a target, but Hawyward actually has the potential to rise to the challenge while I feel Bush pretty much is what he is at this point.

Overall. it's ok, they started out rough but were in position to tie at the end vs a SF team that isn't exactly a doormat. They came and played at the top of their game, and today it was enough. It doesn't worry me long term. Any team that doesn't bring their A game will have a hard time pulling out the W.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ramonesfan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have played the best defense in the NFL and one of the most efficient and IMPROVED offenses. I'll be damned if the 9ers aren't the best team in the NFL.

+Randall Cobb and James Jones. Ballin'
+ Clay
+ Pass rush

- Pass defense, specifically #24. Would love to see Davon House out there, Bush looked lost at times.
-LBers, especially Nick Perry being used to cover WRers
-The running game, although it never was given a chance to get going

For as poorly as we played, we were still in it until the end. I'm not worried about this game, in fact I'm pretty encouraged. I think we've seen the best defense we'll see all season by far, and I honestly think they may have been the best overall offense we'll see as well.

And on a side note, this game should be all the evidence needed to prove that the NFL needs to pay their refs!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
I'm really not generally reactionary, but I'd seriously love to see Bush bumped for Hayward. Either way, that CB is going to be a target, but Hawyward actually has the potential to rise to the challenge while I feel Bush pretty much is what he is at this point.

Overall. it's ok, they started out rough but were in position to tie at the end vs a SF team that isn't exactly a doormat. They came and played at the top of their game, and today it was enough. It doesn't worry me long term. Any team that doesn't bring their A game will have a hard time pulling out the W.
We know what Bush is and that's a ST ace and a dime back at the very best. Hayward and Shields need to be the CB's ahead of him. Overall, we are missing a killer edge and have no attitude. Terrible.

Kempes on the custom sig!
bkobow05

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
We have played the best defense in the NFL and one of the most efficient and IMPROVED offenses. I'll be damned if the 9ers aren't the best team in the NFL.

+Randall Cobb and James Jones. Ballin'
+ Clay
+ Pass rush

- Pass defense, specifically #24. Would love to see Davon House out there, Bush looked lost at times.
-LBers, especially Nick Perry being used to cover WRers
-The running game, although it never was given a chance to get going

For as poorly as we played, we were still in it until the end. I'm not worried about this game, in fact I'm pretty encouraged. I think we've seen the best defense we'll see all season by far, and I honestly think they may have been the best overall offense we'll see as well.

And on a side note, this game should be all the evidence needed to prove that the NFL needs to pay their refs!
Might wanna add a negative to the rush defense as well. Gave up 186 yards at 5.8 yards a clip. It was just bad outside of a select few guys.

#JDI
chillparsi1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll never be glad with this kind of outcome...but at least I'm glad it was at the beginning of the season. I'd like to see this team have to fight through some adversity to galvanize and motivate them (we'd still better beat the Bears on Thursday).

On a different note, any idea when House might be back?

Stone65 with the sig!
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a fairly horrendous opening game for the Packers. The defense is bad .. can't win a Super Bowl with that group. There always seems to be some sort of communication breakdown with the defense. The Capers system worked for a while, but now it seems to be a liability.

On offense .. they just never were able to get much of a rhythm. I still expect huge things from that side of the ball, but I don't have any faith in that defense.
Willink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offense:
-Rhythm was getting killed by penalties. Once we stopped getting set up in 2nd and 15s in the second half we actually moved the ball rather effectively.
-Cobb was outstanding in that sort of swing-flanker role out of the backfield. Really opens up the outsides and is shifty as they come. Poor blocking by the other WR's limited what could have easily been a 120+ yard performance.
-I understand the logic and effectiveness of the deep shot on 3rd and short, and it's a play I'm fine with. But GB would automatically go to it far too often in those short yardage situations; I counted at least four today.
-SF got away with a lot of contact that disrupted what we were doing, but WR's need to do a better job of separation.
-Rodgers needs to see Bowmaan in that LB drop; he threw an INT to Urlacher in the same spot (sank in coverage in a cover-2 shell, wasn't seen) on the exact same play in the NFC Championship game
-Rush offense did basically nothing, but Benson was running hard and the 49ers are the best rush-d in the league
-Poor blitz pickup by everyone

Defense:
Tackling was bad-terrible. The attempts on that Gore touchdown were comical.
Coverage breakdowns were bad;
-VD wide open 24 yards downfield, wtf
-Moss wide open for first touchdown, wtf
-Playing off so often to avoid the big play that SF gets 8 yards automatically every catch, wtf
-Our 1st Round rookie OLB isolated on WR's in coverage, wtf

among others

GB is really bad in run defense, even when in base formations somehow. Absolutely no contain to the edge as DB's were continuously sucked in; LB's got some pull in run gaps from time to time, especially Hawk who made some nice run stops but on the whole just poor effort all around.

In general pressure actually wasn't that bad I thought, Matthews had a productive game and I saw some nice push from Perry and the other guys. Blitzes otoh seemed to give up big plays more often than not.

And finally the refs were just god awful in every respect. I haven't complained much about them this season so far, but I think even incog would have the derp face after the disaster that was officiated today.

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect

Last edited by Willink on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
justo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got videos they want me to cut from this game. Have time off till school start the 24th that I will be using. You name it and I can probably do it.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will see if this team has any toughness in them after getting punched in the mouth.
Negatives
Run Defense
Blitz Pick Up
The Secondary.... Again
Jarrett Bush (When can House come back?)
The Running Game
WR's getting open
Interior Pass Rush

Positives
Clay Matthews
Randall Cobb
James Jones
Our Garbage Time Play

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: