Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread: Rams vs. Lions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wr80

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after leaving the computer so I don't just blurt stupidity that doesn't do anything but vent my anger. I have to be extremely proud of the effort we put together today. And I'm glad that Fisher said he wasn't happy with the game because he expects a win. We put up 23 points. When was the last time we could say that? Bradford 0 ints and the offense had 0 turnovers although they could have. We will have a good year and on top of that a top pick to use for Oline and a real WR. Once we pick up a #1 WR we should be turning around.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
The OL looked very solid with Wells in. Hopefully we get him back.
I liked what they were doing. And actually considering you have a new guy at essentially 2 spots when Turner had to slide to center they werent that bad. Some miscommunications on blocking, but with a young kid on the road will happen.

Rok needs to be better, but most of his issues seemed to be mental and technical, the talent is obviously there.

Ive heard good things about the 2 guys we claimed, heres hoping they can help out with the depth
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
The OL looked very solid with Wells in. Hopefully we get him back.
I liked what they were doing. And actually considering you have a new guy at essentially 2 spots when Turner had to slide to center they werent that bad. Some miscommunications on blocking, but with a young kid on the road will happen.

Rok needs to be better, but most of his issues seemed to be mental and technical, the talent is obviously there.

Ive heard good things about the 2 guys we claimed, heres hoping they can help out with the depth

Yea, Rok looked really shaky in protection when he came in. But frankly, I expected that. He probably shouldn't have played today but injuries suck.

I will say that Hunter actually looked really solid at LT. Not the complete oaf that Jets fans made him out to be. Still, I want Saffold back, he was excellent today.

If we have Saffold and Wells next week, I'll feel good about our OL. They're a solid unit with those guys.

I also was very happy with Bradford's 4th quarter performance. People have consistently criticized his ability to deliver in crunch time. He delivered twice during that game. Lets hope that improves his confidence and carries over to the full 4 quarters next week.

If Bradford and Gibson play like they did in the 4th with Amendola being Amendola and Kendricks being Kendricks(imo Bradford made a mistake in not getting him the ball more), we might just have a solid passing game.

Bradford just needs to keep doing him.

I feel like I must also say that Bradford finally started to move around in the 4th and we saw how much it did for him. Lets use the bootlegs from the beginning next week, it seems to me that bootleg kind of woke his feet up because from then on, he was doing a solid job of moving in the pocket...at least better than earlier in the game.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
chris00cm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradford kinda surprised me with his arm strength today. Some of his throws were absolute lasers. And that deep ball to Givens was a cannon. Unfortunately it was thrown too late.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
chris00cm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
El ramster wrote:
I have a great feeling for next week. We'll beat RG IMO..
Don't know. That's a better offense.
Than the Lions? Not a chance
It's a new season. So far Redskins offense has shown more than the Lions.

Also a firm believer in the Shanahan offensive system. Think Griffin can do wonders there. Lastly they did work against one of the best defensive coordinators in the game in Steve Spagnuolo.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
S-jax39

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Also a firm believer in the Shanahan offensive system. Think Griffin can do wonders there. Lastly they did work against one of the best defensive coordinators in the game in Steve Spagnuolo.

Good god its the saints defense. They are not better in any way shape or form than the lions offense.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also i couldnt really tell because of a bad stream but did quick get any playing time?

Wish we wouldve used the pead pick on a wr or linemen.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
Also i couldnt really tell because of a bad stream but did quick get any playing time?

i did not see quick at all today, which makes me think he was not suited today. One thing that I noticed especially on the Givens play was that Sam was taking a little longer than expected on progressions, which could make sense in game one with another new offense.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maladeen3917 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:

i did not see quick at all today, which makes me think he was not suited today. One thing that I noticed especially on the Givens play was that Sam was taking a little longer than expected on progressions, which could make sense in game one with another new offense.

He was on the field for the hail mary attempt

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Shanny is a great coach. It may be a new season but I don't think Washington's offence is on the same level as Detroit's.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
maladeen3917

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Shanny is a great coach. It may be a new season but I don't think Washington's offence is on the same level as Detroit's.

not to mention garcon bailed rg3 out on that first td, i mean my god that was a horrible throw. Also RG3 loves to take on pressure and always tries to create instead of throwing away the ball or protecting it for that matter. He has flaws we just have to exploit them.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
El ramster wrote:

They aren't better than the Lions and they came out with a completely unexpected game-plan. They ran a style of offense similar to what he did in college, seemed to catch the Saints totally off-guard.

You're reaching, it's been 1 week. I definitely wouldn't call them a better offense than Detroit plus look at how our coverage schemes confused Stafford, it'll be interesting to see how Griffin will do.

If there's anything I'm worried about, it's our rush defense and our ability to contain Griffin. We always suck at containing athletic QBs.

But I think our pass defense will have success against Griffin.

It'll be more interesting to see how our offense does against Washington's D.

maladeen3917

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
El ramster wrote:

They aren't better than the Lions and they came out with a completely unexpected game-plan. They ran a style of offense similar to what he did in college, seemed to catch the Saints totally off-guard.

You're reaching, it's been 1 week. I definitely wouldn't call them a better offense than Detroit plus look at how our coverage schemes confused Stafford, it'll be interesting to see how Griffin will do.

If there's anything I'm worried about, it's our rush defense and our ability to contain Griffin. We always suck at containing athletic QBs.

isn't it safe to say that washington's d > detroit's d? With the major edge going to detroit's d line?
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maladeen3917 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
El ramster wrote:

isn't it safe to say that washington's d > detroit's d? With the major edge going to detroit's d line?

Yea, I'd say so. But Washington has a good pass rush too. Beat us up last year. Gotta hope Saffold is back. Want to see if he can handle Orakpo this year.

Riftt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading and posting on occasion on these forums for years, so I know some of your names quite well and how die hard some of you are. We live and die with this team.

Lets be honest guys. This was the best opener we have had in years. We went toe to toe with a playoff team. We kept Calvin out of the endzone and our defense looked AMAZING. Bradford played like a guy who could become the guy lol.

The loss sucks, but the signs are there, Things are looking better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

Jump to: