Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Schaub gets 4 year extension; Tim Jamison 2 year ex
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Matt Schaub gets 4 year extension; Tim Jamison 2 year ex Reply with quote

Quote:
Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26

Matt Schaub gets a 4-year extension

That was quick. Personally thought he would get the extension after the season. Congrats Matt!

Edit: We signed Tim Jamison to a 2 year extension

Quote:
Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26

DE Tim Jamison gets a 2-year extension

Last edited by Texansfan713 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marco79

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure how I feel about this. I would have liked to have him earn it. And also seen him play the full season.

adopt-a-texan
ryan griffin, te: 2 receptions, 18 yards, 2 tackles
Marco79

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
4 year, $24.75 guarantee, $62 mil total. Expire after 2016 season.

via McClain on twitter.

Still unsure.

adopt-a-texan
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15 million a season for Matt, wow, but if he takes us to a super bowl who cares as long as we can keep our good defenders
AkVerse47

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to see the deal get done with Shaub. was hoping Barwin's deal would be done before now, but hopefully we lock him up after the season

^^ props to mike23md for the sig
texans_uk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
I am not sure how I feel about this. I would have liked to have him earn it. And also seen him play the full season.

Lol get outta here. There are at least 20 teams who would kill to have a qb of Schaubs ability.

jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
15 million a season for Matt, wow, but if he takes us to a super bowl who cares as long as we can keep our good defenders

I think it averages to $13M per season. I agree that if we get to the SB and win... it's all moot and the Texans will recoup that money in merchandise sales.

The franchise tag amount for QBs next season would be about $15M so the Texans actually saved a little chunk of change.

Let's go Texans!
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how we fit Barwin under the cap at the end of the season if he plays to the potential everyone is saying he will.. Good to see Schaub locked

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

I think it averages to $13M per season. I agree that if we get to the SB and win... it's all moot and the Texans will recoup that money in merchandise sales.

The franchise tag amount for QBs next season would be about $15M so the Texans actually saved a little chunk of change.

Let's go Texans!

No, 62/4 is 15.5 million, but I guess it depends what it is this season, and if they wrap it up and give him more this year.....I guess we really have no idea ha
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
I don't see how we fit Barwin under the cap at the end of the season if he plays to the potential everyone is saying he will.. Good to see Schaub locked

Ya but we have Merculis and so a certain extent Brahman as backups and we've seemed to be pretty good at draft OLB's so losing Barwin might be apart of the plan.

Remember franchise QB's dont grow on trees

Also Scurfield is reporting we re-did JJoe's deal to free up 4 mil in cap space this year, maybe that money went to schaub.
texansfan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:

Ya but we have Merculis and so a certain extent Brahman as backups and we've seemed to be pretty good at draft OLB's so losing Barwin might be apart of the plan.

Remember franchise QB's dont grow on trees

Also Scurfield is reporting we re-did JJoe's deal to free up 4 mil in cap space this year, maybe that money went to schaub.

Exactly. Barwin has more to prove than Schaub.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think we'll be okay on Barwin. I suspect that if Graham and Casey have good seasons, Daniels could be gone, and the extension of Jamison might indicate that we are at least attempting to move away from the Ninja.

I'd have liked to franchise Schaub next year, re-sign Barwin, and then draft a QB of the future.

Kenney>Everyone else on here
Marco79

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:

I'd have liked to franchise Schaub next year, re-sign Barwin, and then draft a QB of the future.

Agreed I would have liked that too. I think these next couple years are the time to draft a QB of the future. We do not have a lot of needs at this time and have the ability to get a QB for the future without sacrificing too much, especially with a ton of comp picks on the way.

Quote:
Lol get outta here. There are at least 20 teams who would kill to have a qb of Schaubs ability.

LOL Rolling Eyes

I have been a Schaub supporter all along when people wanted him gone and wanted Rosencopter starting. All I am saying is that 62 million is a lot for a QB who hasn't been the most healthy guy. With that said the Garuenteed money isnt that much so hopefully he gets most of that up front. I would have been much happier with a 3 year extension.

adopt-a-texan
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco, if health truly is your only concern with him, then you have no need to worry. The disparity between the guaranteed/non-guaranteed money should alleviate your concerns.

Did you feel the mountains tremble?

mse326

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys look at the guaranteed money. It is only a little over $6M. If he gets all of the $62M it's because he's remained healthy and earned. Because there is a fairly significant chance that there is no more in guarantees after the 1st 2 years.

This yearly average would put him around the 5th or 6th highest paid QB in the league with Eli. That sounds about right given when other guys that are put over him signed their contracts.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: