Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jerry Richardson thinks Cam will be better than Unitas.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zithers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Jerry Richardson thinks Cam will be better than Unitas. Reply with quote

http://www.heraldonline.com/2012/09/08/4246727/jerry-richardson-from-johnny-unitas.html

Lol. I love all of these ridiculous comparisons that Cam gets. JR says he'll top Unitas and Rivera compared his work ethic and love of the game to Walter Payton. He sure did upgrade from JaMarcus Russell and Vince Young.

It is actually pretty interesting though, as most of the article is Richardson telling Unitas stories and how we tried trading for Peyton Manning.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he is saying he believes Newton will be better. Just that if Newton one day manages to fully understand the game like Unitas did, that due to his physical assets, he'll be superior.

Either way, cool thing for JR to say. Makes me excited to know we actually have a franchise quarterback with this kind of potential and the willingness to work to get there.
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He definitely has the physical tools to be GOAT, but he has to grasp it mentally as well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope JR is right and want cam to be one of the best ever but at this point cam has a TON to learn and really has to improve the mental part of the game.

carolina kitten on the crazy sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: